Can we mass assign behaviours, names, groups etc yet?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cubebix9000
x4

Can we mass assign behaviours, names, groups etc yet?

Post by cubebix9000 » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 10:27

This is a much needed feature where we can mass name ships, group them so they dont take up so much space in object list, mass change ships to traders or miners etc.

Has any of this been implemented yet?

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Can we mass assign behaviours, names, groups etc yet?

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 10:33

sadly no
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 17:22

I would be happy if I don't have to retype the entire name of station/ship just to add a single character.

Can't be that hard to implement a simple text box that's not resetting when trying to change its value.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 19:21

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jun 19, 17:22
I would be happy if I don't have to retype the entire name of station/ship just to add a single character.

Can't be that hard to implement a simple text box that's not resetting when trying to change its value.
Please! And ability to move cursor within text. Something most UIs have had for decades.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 22:16

You can mass assing groups from day one - select multiple ships, r-click on new leader, "Assing as subordinate".

As for renaming and behaviour - sadly still not possible.
rene6740 wrote:

My god yes! This is so frustrating having to retype whole name when you wanted to fix one lettter.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 04:35

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 17. Jun 19, 22:16
rene6740 wrote:

My god yes! This is so frustrating having to retype whole name when you wanted to fix one lettter.
I want this too. Please Egosoft, make it so when we click on a name to rename it, the name remains, instead of disappearing!

Mantrae
x4

Post by Mantrae » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 04:45

If I could add... I'd love see the ships get named by the design you've build.
I mean. I got 4 type of Pulsar : L type (laser/beam), M type (missile type), R type (mixed shield damage + missiles) and E type (explorers)... When I build a bunch of 40 R type and 10 L type... Well, It take an huge time to check the setting then rename EACH ONE OF THE 50 DAMN SHIP.

So, please. Let the model name for vanilla design or customized design. But when it's a ship 100% as a blueprint... Just name it as the blueprint. PLEASE.
Oh, and if you could do something about the crew parameter not saved when you save a design, too...
=====
"I'll Take Broken English for 800." Jon Jafari (1990-????)

... But I'll continue to do my best in an other language!

Return to “X4: Foundations”