Mining Issue

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ramokthan
x4

Mining Issue

Post by Ramokthan » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 12:53

I made a new game this week and started a factory complex in Second Contact.

So far its fine, except my ore miners are clumping on the ore richest spot of the sector which is very small and exhausted regularly. Thus they fail recognizing there are no asteroids in that spot anymore and fly around that aimlessly instead of just moving on and mining on very close but slightly less recourceful locations.

Funny thing is when i come close to the spot they finally recognize there are no asteroids to mine anymore and literally explode in all directions, minding their business elsewhere.

I think this is due the fact only the player recognizes asteroids in his radar, but AI does not. so they try to mine on an exhausted location and only realize it is exhausted when the player is close.

Right now i have no idea how to fix it, maybe its possible to edit the savegame and remove that spot from the map?

Last resolution which i don't prefer is starting a new game and hoping for a better map seed.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 823009EDF/

Edit:
Just found out the ore regions are the same every game, as such in every savegame will have the problem with that one spot in second contact. if the little spot is exhausted they wont mine somewhere else anymore but just wait for the ores to respawn there... which is super inefficient and makes maintaining a bigger metal refining factory impossible without human intervention all the time. his is sad :-(

language
x4

Re: Mining Issue

Post by language » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 16:06

I've built my factories for ore and silicon refinement in Second Contact VII. Have not encountered any similar problems there.

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:28

Ramokthan wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 12:53
Just found out the ore regions are the same every game, as such in every savegame will have the problem with that one spot in second contact. if the little spot is exhausted they wont mine somewhere else anymore but just wait for the ores to respawn there... which is super inefficient and makes maintaining a bigger metal refining factory impossible without human intervention all the time.
That is indeed a bug I noticed, but it may be due to something else : I have seen ships 'stick together' when I was OOS like if they were clipping into each other, forming big bug clumps that grew over time.
I have observed this on miners, who usually converge on the same starting spot before looking for resources, and on traders all trying to dock at the same station.

Just visiting them unstucks them immediately.
Edit : and OOS means out-of sight here, not sector. I suspect it can happen when you are not in the same zone of the sector.

If that is not your problem, and the mining ships really detect no resources, I can easily make a small mod that boosts the regen rate of this particular asteroid field.
Even easier to do it on ALL asteroid fields :)
Last edited by LegionOfOne on Sun, 16. Jun 19, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:38

what you did in nopileus fortune mod, can you maybe do for all asteroids in the universe
and I mean performance, small numbers but bigger and less rotation or whatever you did :gruebel:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:47

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 16. Jun 19, 17:38
what you did in nopileus fortune mod, can you maybe do for all asteroids in the universe
and I mean performance, small numbers but bigger and less rotation or whatever you did :gruebel:
It is on the list of things I want to try. It is just a matter of applying the same method to all other asteroid fields.

It will require some testing to be sure it works without crashing the economy or sending all miners in one area or some strange thing like that.
But I will probably be able to make an experimental version of that as an additional download for Nopileos' True Fortune around next week, to get some feedback.

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Sun, 16. Jun 19, 23:58

I fixed that issue in a... uncommon way...

I edited the savegame and removed the resource node. now there are still resources but the miners don't see them anymore so they search for ore elsewhere in this sector, spread them selves and all is fine now.

But i have to admit editing a savefile is neither easy nor really a "fix", more like a hack.

Return to “X4: Foundations”