Having a blast! - (and further game improvements coming!)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

g04tn4d0
x4

Having a blast! - (and further game improvements coming!)

Post by g04tn4d0 » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 07:25

I dunno about all of you guys, but I've been really enjoying the little things in the game. Sure, I have a few things that I'd like to have fixed like quirky AI and low FPS, but otherwise, been having far too much fun! Great job, EgoSoft! I can't wait to see where you take this one over the next several months!

zarrazee

Re: Having a blast!

Post by zarrazee » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 13:00

ncc386 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jun 19, 07:25
I dunno about all of you guys, but I've been really enjoying the little things in the game. Sure, I have a few things that I'd like to have fixed like quirky AI and low FPS, but otherwise, been having far too much fun! Great job, EgoSoft! I can't wait to see where you take this one over the next several months!
Me too! Only got 300 hours in but loving it so far. Put it aside until 3.0 after which I'll start a new game.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 20:44

Some of the best moments are when I assign myself things to do. After the 4th call about pirate's demanding cargo while I was busy with something else I took a keen interest in what was going on it N-FortuneIV and spotted two SCA Behemoths operating in there. I decided to go hunting and tagged one with the "navigate to object" tag and headed his way. I came in and tore him up in a Nemesis and then I boarded and took him with my primo team of marines I keep with me. Then, just as they get the engines running again his partner shows up, snoops around a bit and then turns and takes off. I follow him, bring in a second Nemesis with the second best marine team and we board and capture him as well. Then I went out and killed every SCA ship that I saw on radar. I know they are just coming back but that was amusing. I just wish we could have some 'trash talk' options to fire off at them.

My wife got a kick out of asking him to surrender and getting "Wait, are you serious" then moments later they are begging for mercy and bailing out in escape pods. Some options to taunt them might be fun!

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 16:34

photomankc wrote:
Mon, 17. Jun 19, 20:44
Some of the best moments are when I assign myself things to do... ...in N-FortuneIV... ...two SCA Behemoths...
Yeah, I also had some (limited) fun in there. My traders were being harassed by a Behemoth and a trio of Minotaur Raiders. So I went there, also in a Nemesis. The first Minotaur I killed, the two others bailed. But one of them launched several torpedoes at me before I got him to sign off. So, I ran from the torpedoes, towards the nether regions of the Behemoth. Then just a little bit of flying around, and boom - destroyer disabled, for free.

But it was a mixed experience: this stupid neutrality of SCA meant that I got to pick them off one by one, and the laser towers they deployed weren't even shooting at me, stayed blue. I imagine I wouldn't have had such a picnic if all four turned red at me at once.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 16:39

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Jun 19, 16:34
and the laser towers they deployed weren't even shooting at me, stayed blue.
Fixed. Thanks for mentioning it. Should be in a future update.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 16:53

j.harshaw wrote:
Tue, 18. Jun 19, 16:39
radcapricorn wrote:
Umm, I mentioned it, like, three months ago? :) But you're welcome.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 18:06

j.harshaw wrote:
radcapricorn wrote:
Glad to hear that! Should make poking their eye a bit more lively!

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 18:46

j.harshaw wrote:
Well, as long as we are mentionning stuff, any chance the SCA ships and stations might ALL turn hostile (except the ones under disguise, of course) in cases of direct and serious assault ?
Because I mopped up eight SCA stations in a single system (and all the little ships around them), one by one, sometimes right in the middle and in plain view of two other SCA stations.
That was easy, really strange and immersion-breaking.

I understand why you chose to lock the reputation with them, and why we can't just declare war on them as a faction, but some solidarity in the same system when they are under attack isn't too much, I think.
If those eight stations had turned hostile at the same time, things might have gotten fun !
But instead...

While i have you on the line (maybe ?), let me ask another quick question :

You chose not to include player Trade Stations for now, which is why when coding the Station Logical Overview UI, you allowed sell offers to display for tradewares, but did NOT allow buy offers to display.
Why would you, our stations can't buy tradewares, right ?

Enter modders, like me. Several mods allow the creation of warehouses and trade stations.
But, we cannot see nor edit the buy prices of tradewares.

I made a mod to make the very small required change, but it is an UI mod, so complicated to use, not available on every OS or platform, and potentially unstable.
That modification simply allows buy offers on tradewares to display. It has no impact on vanilla gameplay at all, and I can't see how it could break anything.
Could I ask you to very kindly include it in the vanilla game ?

I'm sure you know this, but here is the only change needed :
In the file ui\addons\ego_detailmonitor\menu_station_overview.lua
in the function menu.onExpandStorage

change this line :
-- buy offer
if (waretype == "resource") or (waretype == "intermediate") then

To this :
-- buy offer
if (waretype == "resource") or (waretype == "intermediate") or (waretype == "trade") then

That small change would mean a LOT to every player using warehouses and trade stations out there, and encourage other modders to include them.

Thanks for reading in any case.

And, to stay on topic, I had some blasts too :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 19:10

The change you've requested has already been made. It will be in a future update, but I'm not sure which one.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 02:31

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 18. Jun 19, 19:10
The change you've requested has already been made. It will be in a future update, but I'm not sure which one.
I have seen posts like this a lot and wonder if you could explain this in a little more detail.

If the change has already been made why won’t it be in the next update? I would assume egosoft would release a patch with all the fixes so I am confused.

Don’t you add all fixes to your current build? Or do you have many different builds happening at once?

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 13:23

Lazerath wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 02:31
I have seen posts like this a lot and wonder if you could explain this in a little more detail.

If the change has already been made why won’t it be in the next update? I would assume egosoft would release a patch with all the fixes so I am confused.

Don’t you add all fixes to your current build? Or do you have many different builds happening at once?
People work at different paces. Each make changes to their own copy of source material (code, art, etc.), and then submit them to the main tree. Some asset and text/localization changes may not be ready when the code is or vice versa. Some changes may be dependent on preceding changes, some may not be (e.g. fixing a particular script may require changing or adding functionality to the game engine, which is worked on by a different person). Then there may be conflicts (i.e. two or more people making changes to the same parts of code). So what tends to happen is you bundle up independent changes (which all may go in one build), and then you apply the changes that follow (which would become the next build). Then, there's also the requirement to eventually draw a line and prepare packages for both distribution systems (i.e. Steam and GOG), which differ to some extent in code, so it's also a checkpoint. And all this process is ongoing, so at the time a person submits a particular change, they can't say for sure when it will end up in the public release.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Having a blast! - (and further game improvements coming!)

Post by CBJ » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 14:02

Yes, pretty much what radcapricorn said.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 20. Jun 19, 00:44

ncc386 wrote:
Yep, completely agree with you :)

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 20. Jun 19, 15:17

ncc386 wrote:
<This!

I have been taking things slow, exploring, fighting, and just stopping to look and be amazed at all the beautiful things in this game, rather than quickly ticking things off a check list and then moving on to next.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 20. Jun 19, 16:51

surferx wrote:
Thu, 20. Jun 19, 15:17
ncc386 wrote:
<This!

I have been taking things slow, exploring, fighting, and just stopping to look and be amazed at all the beautiful things in this game, rather than quickly ticking things off a check list and then moving on to next.
+1

As I always do in an Egosoft game. They tend to stay with me for years, so there's certainly no rush.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 07:29

I recently figured out how to crystal mine which got me money to get a mining ship. I sent that sucker out to mine and stuff for me and quickly was able to afford two of them. Now I'm buying my first freighter but I'm not sure how to find good trade routes. It's a bit overwhelming and tedious to stick satellites everywhere but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 10:33

ncc386 wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 07:29
I recently figured out how to crystal mine which got me money to get a mining ship. I sent that sucker out to mine and stuff for me and quickly was able to afford two of them. Now I'm buying my first freighter but I'm not sure how to find good trade routes. It's a bit overwhelming and tedious to stick satellites everywhere but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.
After 290 hours of play, I just figured out how to use the map to trade!😖 LOL. - Crystal mining is a great way of making money, and some sectors are brilliant for it. - A great place is around the Player HQ in Grand Exchange.

Now having fun creating fleets of ships crewed solely by Split while traversing the universe on a L sized Paranid Trader.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 01:39

Am having a blast to fighting with cargo ships I send 30 argon L cargo ships at xenon I and all got blown away since devs copy and paste 90% off the ships to be cargo ships now that is a blast I can't wait for split and there 90% cargo ships :P

Return to “X4: Foundations”