Showcase Gallery Show me your stations!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cubebix9000
x4

Showcase Gallery Show me your stations!

Post by cubebix9000 » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 07:09

Lets roll out the reel for some stations.

photomankc

Re: Showcase Gallery Show me your stations!

Post by photomankc » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 16:17

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 17358DE5C/

I need to get some better overview pictures but this is me cruising by my SmartChip factory in Argon Prime. 9 production modules. I'll be dropping in a few more like this once I get enough capitol to build an L shipyard. I build my own twin pier from single docks rather than the pre-packaged E-Pier because it takes so much room to place it. I also standardized my basic framework so it's easy to spin up a new type of factory with the same basic outline.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 19:24

Food & Medicine complex.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7CD00D538/

And my new default layout for small complex bases.
Storage can be a structural component too.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 46D230709/

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 02:39

Questionable quality since the game categorically refuses to let me take screenshots, but here are a couple I built:

First station I built in X4, playing around with design

Efficient smart chip fab

Large-ish gas refinery complex that handles all base gases

Mantrae
x4

Post by Mantrae » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 03:50

You want a station? I'll give you a stellar fortress :
Normal view : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1773389019
Strategic view : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1773389513
Schematics view : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1773390113

Codename "Snowflake". 128 Beam turrets L, 192 Pulse turrets L, 128 Autoguided missile turrets L, 128 Autocanon turrets M,192 Autoguided missile turrets M. You are in range of at least 16 Beam turrets L and 32 Autoguided missle turrets L from the best angle.
Fight in sector and OoT against K and I without any problem. Xenon K's life duration against this wonder is near 12 seconds. Xenon I's life duration around 40. Both do zero damage to the station, probably cause of the swarm of drones (500 combat drones in the station).

As I've said, a wonder. For "only" 200M. But with it, you can stop anything (vanilla game, at least).

... Got a shipyard too, who can build 50 Pulsar/2h (full equiped, btw) plus sell some ships and ships components, but It would take too much screenshots to get a full picture of it. It's... a huge shipyard S/M. I'll soon upgrade it aas L and XL. It gonna be more huge.
Well, I'm gonna wipe SOP and Xenon soon, so I need this kind of things.
=====
"I'll Take Broken English for 800." Jon Jafari (1990-????)

... But I'll continue to do my best in an other language!

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 05:53

Mantrae wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 03:50
As I've said, a wonder. For "only" 200M. But with it, you can stop anything (vanilla game, at least).
Does it actually do anything OOS? Never managed to get defence stations to work as intended.

Mantrae
x4

Post by Mantrae » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 06:14

Can't say for sure HOW, cause usually when I check on sector, the K and I are roaming near the gate north, but... I can guarantee they are destroyed by the station, probably when they roam near enough.
I've never seen a drone get launched OoS, so I suppose goes missiles, so the aggro range is probably not much (Pulse turrets L and Beams turrets L get 4km range. Xenon's have 5km, so they must be the ones to engage, I suppose).

But in sector, I've seen the station start firing missiles when the ships comes under 10km range. It outrange the Xenon's weaponry, so it's really effective. Then the drones get launched, then the poor Xenon ship just get stomped, and it's worst if they come under 4km range (beams start to shoot, L class MELT anything).

For aggro problem, I put 4-5 Pulsar as subbordonate, they goes roaming around the station, and they go attack (and get wiped), arrount 20-30km away of the station. It seems that tweack the aggro. As 5 Pulsar are nothing for me, it's a good solution when I need the station to aggro a K or a I cause I fear for a L miner or anything. And sometimes some Pulsar survive. Don't ask me how.

Now that you've asked, I'm rather curious too. I'll check next time I see a K or I. Then I'll report how it looked.
=====
"I'll Take Broken English for 800." Jon Jafari (1990-????)

... But I'll continue to do my best in an other language!

cubebix9000
x4

Post by cubebix9000 » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 12:54

Such modest stations. If only i could control myself lol xD i always end up with stations that does everything xD

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 17:51

cubebix9000 wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 12:54
Such modest stations. If only i could control myself lol xD i always end up with stations that does everything xD
I used to do that, but the AI was not good at stocking such a station and I get better distribution and cash-flow by spreading out the stations around the sectors.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Wed, 19. Jun 19, 21:38

photomankc wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 17:51
cubebix9000 wrote:
Wed, 19. Jun 19, 12:54
I used to do that, but the AI was not good at stocking such a station and I get better distribution and cash-flow by spreading out the stations around the sectors.
Slightly different reasons here.
I use the station planner to keep things fairly simple.
Dyspraxia does cause a few minor issues with the 'planning stage', so large complicated complex's start getting hard for me to place things where they need to be
3d mechanisms/systems on a 2d medium don't translate well due to my issues with special awareness & depth perception

Start out with several L habs (adjust number to meet % as needed)
then add 3x final product.
then see how many intermediate modules I need to keep it stocked and running full-time
repeat for each desired final product

food/medicine never seem to be in shortage, but it never hurts to have a stable & cheap to build income stream

my next building project will be a 3x Claytronics complex with just food/medicine as required imports

Return to “X4: Foundations”