Announcing X4: Split Vendetta and update 3.0

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ovni
xr

Re: Announcing X4: Split Vendetta and update 3.0

Post by Ovni » Sat, 31. Aug 19, 02:33

SplitBoy wrote:
Wed, 28. Aug 19, 10:46

The thought to need a balanced game in the first place is imho the biggest problem.
Neither is X nor the previous games a competative Title nor is it even Multiplayer to begin with balanced in a classical sense it is not necessary.
I even would go as far and say it limits replay ability and role playing incentives.

The game would indeed benefit from pre game start variables that can be tweaked to change up the meta like for example poor mining grounds in core systems that would force miners into fringe systems from the get go or police presence high or low factory modifiers in regards to output and input or chances for disasters like famine and pandemics and such.
Exactly. It's a sandbox, we should be able to customize our experience, that's where all the fun and replay value lies once you've seen everything. Egosoft should ensure that the Galaxy doesn't go completely bonkers on the default settings, but we should definitely be able to triple Xenon expansion rate if we feel like our life expectancy is too long. Ego can always put a big fat warning for players who don't realize they can break their game.

Personally I wouldn't mind a slower early game but I also realize that Ego can't make defaults that please everyone, so I'd rather ask for sliders.

Players should be able to share on the Workshop slider presets that lead to interesting games.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 18:34

Options menu is long overdue for X, but
Players should be able to share on the Workshop slider presets that lead to interesting games.
The game is very random, so sharing sliders would be barely useful in reproducing a "interesting game". You can just share your settings normally (screen) in forums after all...
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

chrisco54
x4

Post by chrisco54 » Wed, 4. Sep 19, 12:19

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 6. Aug 19, 15:57
This is the first big expansion for X4
yay :!:

h1ght
x4

Post by h1ght » Sat, 7. Sep 19, 23:44

is there a changelog/feature list of 3.0 stuff/improvements/changes?

i dont want to use a mod to build a station to supply wares to the builder or do it by hand . :shock:

never played x before, just couple of minutes and was lost. this time it makes some fun. but some things missing. :?:

IblisBane
x4

Post by IblisBane » Wed, 11. Sep 19, 09:31

Well...finally.

Apart from a few days of play testing on release, I basically shelved this to a) wait for the Split expansion, (where's my Dragons and Mambas) and b) give the modders a chance to get their claws deeper into it.

With hundreds of hours in X3, I (like many others) still feel a bit let down by X4 (although not nearly as badly as Rebirth, which I stopped playing and never touched again once I realised I was locked into a single ship), but since I (out of faith) pre-ordered the collectors edition, and so get the DLC by default, I resolved to give it a fair go once the Split expansion came out.

Waiting with baited breath...but perhaps diminished expectations. :D

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 11. Sep 19, 16:31

I see that some weapons get FX rework/upgrade.

Any chance for rework/upgrade of Desptroyer main guns? For the biggest guns in X4 they are very dissapointing both graphical and sound wise.

Felicitus Bigbeaver
x4

Post by Felicitus Bigbeaver » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 09:04

I would like to see automatic repair and ammo supplying to fleets with a supply ship or carrier attached - with a log entry and maybe a catagory for this. Fleet auto attacking the biggest threat, with fighters counting bombers as these. Fire rates and repair rates / shield charging improving with better crews.

and a large chocolate bunny from Bernt every easter.

Felicitus Bigbeaver
x4

Post by Felicitus Bigbeaver » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 09:08

The destroyer main guns could do with a rework. Rather than being a version of a pulse laser, they could activate in a special combat mode which means they take 30 -45 seconds to charge but vapourise all but freighters and above. With matching visual effects and holes forming in the side of destroyers. Some extra sound files for survivors "What the F*** was that" etc

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 18:17

Felicitus Bigbeaver wrote:
Thu, 12. Sep 19, 09:08
The destroyer main guns could do with a rework. Rather than being a version of a pulse laser, they could activate in a special combat mode which means they take 30 -45 seconds to charge but vapourise all but freighters and above. With matching visual effects and holes forming in the side of destroyers. Some extra sound files for survivors "What the F*** was that" etc
I don't see the Destroyer top of the food chain for combat vessel a weapon like this would remove some room upwards to expand into bigger capital ships like Cruiser and Battleships.

Take a closer look at the Trailer and pause at the scene with that weird gargantuan turret see notice any similarities to the Destroyer Main Gun this could be a indicator to what might come XL Turrets or just simple twin Destroyer guns in a turret.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 07:34

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Tue, 6. Aug 19, 18:28
LucianDragos wrote:
Tue, 6. Aug 19, 18:18
The 3.0 update is of course free but is the DLC paid?
Correct. The Update 3.0 is free to anyone who owns X4: Foundations. For the DLC you have to pay, unless you already bought the Collector's Edition or the Collector's Edition Content DLC. In that case, the DLC is the first of the two mentioned expansions which are included. I'm afraid, I have no idea what the DLC will cost though.
Totally buying this expansion day one! 8)

GReaper
x4

Post by GReaper » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 12:14

Hi everyone!

I have one question regarding the new expansion and maybe you can help me with it: Will I have to start a new game to play Split Vendetta or will I be able to continue my current gameplay with all the new content and storyline?

I tried to look for an answer in the forums but I didn't find it. Sorry if this is a duplicated topic somewhere :wink:

Thank you Egosoft for all the X series!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 13:11

Yes you can play on from your current saves. New opportunities relating to the DLC additions will open for you.

As it says in the opening post in this thread, there are some new gamestarts too that you can use if you did wish to restart and do things differently.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 17:20

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 13:11
As it says in the opening post in this thread, there are some new gamestarts too that you can use if you did wish to restart and do things differently.
Hopefully there's a spacesuit only start--that'd be a lark.

Cheers,
M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

lardybloke
x3tc

Post by lardybloke » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 15:55

Can't wait for Q4 so I can get into this.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 00:39

So will the splits have copey and paste ships like you did with original game and will split have 90% cargo ships and 5-10% combat ships like you did with the rest off the faction (original) I hope not and am expecting that other factions will have massive overhole off ships before you realise the update I didn't buy this game to have 99% cargo ships and 1% combat ships

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 03:18

watch the video to see what how they will look, and Its not going to be all cargo
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:09

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 22. Sep 19, 03:18
watch the video to see what how they will look, and Its not going to be all cargo
No offense on the trailer video doesn't show me the info off all the ships and i don't see any overhaul off the old faction ships so for now ther is noting but to wait and see how many copy and paste ships we will have in the Split Vendetta

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:16

Thecrippler wrote:
Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:09
Buzz2005 wrote:
No offense on the trailer video doesn't show me the info off all the ships and i don't see any overhaul off the old faction ships so for now ther is noting but to wait and see how many copy and paste ships we will have in the Split Vendetta
They wont show all the ships and by copy paste you mean designed or stats?
Design is subjective so to each there own, I would predict that all are newly designed and no copy paste of existing

The reason why there is more cargo ships that are copy paste is they scraped the rebirth way of cargo (liquid, mineral etc...) at some point in development and renamed then vanguard or sentinal

Overhaul of existing will maybe come in distant future
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 14:22

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:16
Thecrippler wrote:
Sun, 22. Sep 19, 15:09
Buzz2005 wrote:
They wont show all the ships and by copy paste you mean designed or stats?
Design is subjective so to each there own, I would predict that all are newly designed and no copy paste of existing

The reason why there is more cargo ships that are copy paste is they scraped the rebirth way of cargo (liquid, mineral etc...) at some point in development and renamed then vanguard or sentinal

Overhaul of existing will maybe come in distant future
I mean designed

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Fri, 27. Sep 19, 12:39

I still miss the sector "Moonship" ... why is it not in X4 yet? :rant: :gruebel: :evil:

The music was just ... awesome! :)
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Return to “X4: Foundations”