Announcing X4: Split Vendetta and update 3.0

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ScandyNav
x4

Re: Announcing X4: Split Vendetta and update 3.0

Post by ScandyNav » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 22:32

Chris0132 wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 18:17
Larger space is probably the biggest addition I'd like for the game because a lot of the strategic stuff
I really can't imagine how to use more space. What it gives to you? Currently in vanilla there is like half of sectors, which you do not fly into after first exploration. And now with this DLS this number of "useless" or rare visited sectors will be even more.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 23:04

ScandyNav wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 22:32
Chris0132 wrote:
Larger space is probably the biggest addition I'd like for the game because a lot of the strategic stuff
I really can't imagine how to use more space. What it gives to you? Currently in vanilla there is like half of sectors, which you do not fly into after first exploration. And now with this DLS this number of "useless" or rare visited sectors will be even more.
Besides having more room for story plots [which will hopefully come back soon] I for one do always play my own missions in certain corners of the galaxy. Being it deep space expeditions with only a personal mini-carrier & limited supplies or large scaled military operations to help an ally in need, bounty hunts or the occasionally sightseeing with a scout to enjoy nebulars & the like :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 00:50

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 23:04
ScandyNav wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 22:32
Chris0132 wrote:
Besides having more room for story plots [which will hopefully come back soon] I for one do always play my own missions in certain corners of the galaxy. Being it deep space expeditions with only a personal mini-carrier & limited supplies or large scaled military operations to help an ally in need, bounty hunts or the occasionally sightseeing with a scout to enjoy nebulars & the like :)
Bounty what? :mrgreen: Hunts? With non-existent combat missions? As for large scale military private army, there is only couple of distant sectors where it is needed: Scale Plate Green... and... and that's it. There is nothing to do with fleet or player piloted ship, for example, in Pious Mists cluster or Cardinal Redress or Second Contact cluster or Morning Star. Yes they are economy powerhorses (maybe?), but little to none useful for flying there.
Last edited by ScandyNav on Mon, 19. Aug 19, 01:57, edited 1 time in total.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 01:01

I had 2 hours of fighting in Matrix #451. The Teladi were busy with the Xenon and got flanked by Khaak. So I added a safe haven & destroyer blockade at the south gate, sent reinforcements to the north gate & went hunting Khaaks with 2 of my finest destroyers. Got 5 million credits from the Teladi for shooting down those insects. :khaak:

Spoiler
Show

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 01:09

chew-ie wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 01:01
I had 2 hours of fighting in Matrix #451. The Teladi were busy with the Xenon and got flanked by Khaak. So I added a safe haven & destroyer blockade at the south gate, sent reinforcements to the north gate & went hunting Khaaks with 2 of my finest destroyers. Got 5 million credits from the Teladi for shooting down those insects. :khaak:
That's nice, but still, Zura IV can be counted as interesting sector. Like other linked to xenon territory. I'm talking about sectors which doesn't have any gameplay content. I've listed them above.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 01:42

ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 01:09
chew-ie wrote:
That's nice, but still, Zura IV can be counted as interesting sector. Like other linked to xenon territory. I'm talking about sectors which doesn't have any gameplay content. I've listed them above.
Scale Plate Green I've yet to investigate. Just had a scout doing a rough mapping there.

Morning Star III used to be a pirate hot spot - until I founded a wharf there. Still having trouble with Heretics End, already sent a carrier there. Pious mist as well as most other Piranid sectors aren't much of a priority right now as Hewa's Twin gets a lot of Xenon activity lately - should really tend to Scale Plate Green soon.

Spoiler
Show

Imari
x4

Post by Imari » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 02:34

Roadmap mentioned there be new free assets in patch 3.0. Will we see new ships, ship modules, station blueprints or at least a some touch up on current ships for the vanilla races?

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 02:43

Imari wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 02:34
Roadmap mentioned there be new free assets in patch 3.0. Will we see new ships, ship modules, station blueprints or at least a some touch up on current ships for the vanilla races?
This has been answered already. No current ships will not be touched up for the DLC. Or likely ever...

Weapon effects I guess will be upped for everyone.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Cdaragorn
x4

Post by Cdaragorn » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 16:09

ScandyNav wrote:
chew-ie wrote:
The idea that every sector must have something specific to contribute to the gameplay to be worth having is simply untrue. Having empty sectors and sectors that are just there to be a smaller part of the larger empires provides sense of scale and activity to the universe which is itself extremely valuable to have for the gameplay as a whole. It's honestly one of the biggest things I miss from X2-X3 days. Rebirth got a lot better at this but still never got quite there again.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkein

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 21:31

Cdaragorn wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 16:09
ScandyNav wrote:
chew-ie wrote:
The idea that every sector must have something specific to contribute to the gameplay to be worth having is simply untrue. Having empty sectors and sectors that are just there to be a smaller part of the larger empires provides sense of scale and activity to the universe which is itself extremely valuable to have for the gameplay as a whole. It's honestly one of the biggest things I miss from X2-X3 days. Rebirth got a lot better at this but still never got quite there again.
Whole this discussion was started from the question: do we really need map expansion in current game state? With a lot of stuff, which is not in a good shape, such as: fleet logic, late game lags, poor combat visuals, lots of not working things in faction wars.

Yes, more sectors gives proper feeling, but what amount of gameplay time this feeling will give you? My opinion: 1-3 hours, because only the feeling of bigger map doesn't give anything to play with. Same goes for "new" Split ships. Which can't be new because of absence of such things as: weapon generators, different shields, faction weapons, restricted shields/weapon slots on ships. Without this ships can differ only by speed, mass, hull hp and nothing more.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 21:44

We will see about that :)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 06:48

I’m going to start off this post by saying I have 3-4+ thousand Hours in X3 (all versions) and nearly 900 hours in this game (for X4 - minimum Seta, all ATK).

Problem is in X4, practically none are within the past 3 months.

There’s dozens of major game breaking and enjoyment destroying issues in the game right now that’s keeping players from playing as it is, most of which have existed since launch. Looking at the current Steam trends: https://steamcharts.com/app/392160 I’m curious, at what point did you guys decide a near full info blackout was a good idea?

This isn’t the story of Shawn Murray of No Man’s Sky (who’s communicated 10x as much as ES on X4).

This is Egosoft/X4. You guys are pissing off your long term fans, and if you don’t give us something to actually rebuild some confidence in you and bring us back to your side, Egosoft and the X series aren’t going to have any loyalist left come Q4 19. At this point, I wouldn’t pay a dime for DLC, and judging by the activity on the forums, Reddit and Steam, there aren’t many out there who would either.

Please hire somebody for Marketing and community relations. As it stands, your current approach is demonizing you to those of us who had full faith in the past.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Senar
x4

Post by Senar » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 09:34

We have this text in the last news issue

"For the first time ever, EGOSOFT will have its own booth at gamescom in Cologne, the world's largest event for computer and video games. You can meet us from August 20 to August 24 2019 in the new "Indie Village" in hall 10.2. Drop by and take a first look at the "X4: Split Vendetta" expansion and the big 3.0 update to "X4: Foundations" before they are released together in the fourth quarter of 2019. We are looking forward to meeting you at gamescom!"

So, in a week or so we will have some information about 3.0 and Split Vendetta DLC.

Blower68
x4

Post by Blower68 » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 10:35

Lazerius wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 06:48
Please hire somebody for Marketing and community relations. As it stands, your current approach is demonizing you to those of us who had full faith in the past.
This already took place. There ist now somebody hired for Marketing. I asume to hear more during and after the current GamesCom

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 11:20

1. They got a marketing guy recently (Gregory)
2. They are on Gamescom starting today until 24.08 (Indie Village at booth E028b):
You can play a demo of Split Vendetta and 3.0 at the booth
3. On Friday 23rd, at 14 o'clock they are live on stage of Gamestar (biggest game magazine in Germany)
4. At 17 o'clock they are live at RocketBeansTV (also German)
5. On Saturday 24th, author Helge Kautz is going to hold an autograph session and is there to talk

With Gregory, Egosoft's Twitter and other social media accounts got way more active, have a look, but of course they seem to be extremely busy with Gamescom at the moment.

Don't panic and keep calm :D Let's see what Gamescom and the days after is going to reveal, shall we? :)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

teleportationwars

Post by teleportationwars » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 12:37

Tamina wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 11:20
2. They are on Gamescom starting today until 24.08 (Indie Village at booth E028b):
3. On Friday 23rd, at 14 o'clock they are live on stage of Gamestar (biggest game magazine in Germany)
5. On Saturday 24th, author Helge Kautz is going to hold an autograph session and is there to talk

With Gregory, Egosoft's Twitter and other social media accounts got way more active, have a look, but of course they seem to be extremely busy with Gamescom at the moment.

Don't panic and keep calm :D Let's see what Gamescom and the days after is going to reveal, shall we? :)
What social media accounts do they have beside Twitter and Youtube?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 13:05

teleportationwars wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 12:37
What social media accounts do they have beside Twitter and Youtube?
Instagram & FB

Spoiler
Show

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 14:57

Tamina wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 11:20

Excited! I hope we get a few more scraps of footage.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 17:09

Is recording allowed at the booth? Can we expect vids on youtube from it?

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 10:41

I hope so. But I am surprised it is already playable when the public beta is not on yet.

Really excited !
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

Return to “X4: Foundations”