Announcing X4: Split Vendetta and update 3.0

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Announcing X4: Split Vendetta and update 3.0

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 15:54

Can anyone from Egosoft confirm if DLC soundtrack will be added to collector edition soundtrack once the DLC is released?

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 23:14

some very nice ship models, textures and beam weapons.... very pleased to see good quality models and variety coming back that was always a staple for X games.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 17:06

Im going to be a pain in the rear, I assume there is no rough idea as to when we may see / if we will have a beta of 3.0 coming out and if so when? If its been asked already I apologise as I did not read through all the posts here

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 17:21

lordmuck wrote:
Sun, 11. Aug 19, 17:06
Im going to be a pain in the rear, I assume there is no rough idea as to when we may see / if we will have a beta of 3.0 coming out and if so when? If its been asked already I apologise as I did not read through all the posts here
The teaser is part of the material prepared for the gamescon in germany, cologne. Egosoft will be there, presenting a playable version of the DLC - along with further information on the next steps.

More details can be found in the X-Universe News #69.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

JasonStarcruiser
x4

Post by JasonStarcruiser » Mon, 12. Aug 19, 02:53

:) I have to say I am very happy to see that 3.0 is coming soon along with the Split Vendetta and what that may entail.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 09:02

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 7. Aug 19, 20:11
And can we get some screenshots of the Split Males and Females? Have they had a major overhaul since X:Rebirth?
I faced what I think is a Split in my currentgame on a station… Humanoïd with no hair and big scaring eyes and sharped ears… and seem to be femal… Is it possible?

Looked quite like XR split model to me...
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 18:25

Miniding wrote:
Tue, 13. Aug 19, 09:02
spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 7. Aug 19, 20:11
And can we get some screenshots of the Split Males and Females? Have they had a major overhaul since X:Rebirth?
I faced what I think is a Split in my currentgame on a station… Humanoïd with no hair and big scaring eyes and sharped ears… and seem to be femal… Is it possible?

Looked quite like XR split model to me...
There are Split Females in X4, same model, no variants? They look like Vampires and talk like Betty Boo.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 19:49

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 6. Aug 19, 15:57
Wait.. these are pulse laser weapons. Those pulses don't look like that in my game? Is this on high graphics settings or do we finally get better effects or is this just photoshop?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

RaifalM3n
x4

Post by RaifalM3n » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 20:01

those look like some cannons i remember from X3 :D
BMW Fanatic with Terran atitude.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 20:17

Tamina wrote:
Tue, 13. Aug 19, 19:49
Wait.. these are pulse laser weapons. Those pulses don't look like that in my game? Is this on high graphics settings or do we finally get better effects or is this just photoshop?
That's definitely not pulses as they are now. Could be new effect, or a weapon for which they haven't made the appropriate model yet, so the launcher looks like pulse.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 09:22

On another shot we see this ship with particle repeater style weapons… here looks like pulse :gruebel:
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 09:38

Its a new bullet effect :)
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 10:42

linolafett wrote:
Wed, 14. Aug 19, 09:38
Its a new bullet effect :)
YES!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 13:12

are sounds improved?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 00:58

Truth speaking, i'm not that happy about the game expands in wide, but not receiving depth.
Do dozen of new ships and several sectors change much?
For example, sectors. I've tested some mods, which adds sectors. And... Not a big difference to the gameplay after one hour of exploring.
As for ships. If we could have weapon generators, faction weapons, restricted weapon slots, restricted shield slots for different shield. You know what I mean? Then new ships really may be NEW. But it will be different models with slightly different speeds. Weapons, shields - all the same, so except dynamics every other parameter will be painfully familiar.

I'd prefer if official updates went in a way where Faction Enhancer and Rise of the Ossian Raider mods go: depth, balance, challenge.
But it's your choice.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 01:49

@ScandyNav
I think you misunderstood something here. Paid DLCs expand the game further/"wider" and free patches expand the games overall core mechanics/"depth". Together with Split Vendetta, a free Patch 3.0 is going to be released improving and expanding the game mechanics on several fronts yet to be announced. And I am very sure this is not the last to be seen from Egosoft regarding game core mechanics improvements.

The advantage of this system is that every player experiences the same (best) game, while fans can buy into more "wider" optional content if they do to wish so. It's a fair and customer friendly model.

Feel free to post your suggestions in this forum.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 04:52

Well if you want a suggestion,

I find the game while having alot of stuff in it, has little incentive to do any of it. I seem to have maxed all faction relations to 29 and all I get is the same missions over and over again. Since release there has been no story in the game other than rescuing Bozo Ta which takes all of 20 mins to do and after that the game just became about expanding my influence. The factions do not go to war against each other, nor make any indication that they care.

How do I think this could be improved? More dynamic relations with factions, have them REALY go to war against each other not just a couple of ships here and there. Put some story into the game, add to the lore. So far I've found nothing in the game which explains what happened between XR and X4. What happened to the main characters between X1,X2,X3,X4? I've played the game for 100s of hours and only seen a couple of those data vault satellites. I liked the new linked mission chains in XR, e.g. the diplomacy mission, what happened to those kinds of side story mission chains?

War! What is it good for? ... Entertainment.

Building my empire is good and all but I need something to drive my game, I need a goal, something to focus on.
Just... another... bug.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 06:05

I'm most interested in the 'major story update' part of the trailer - A new race, sectors, ships and stations is all good but adding more of the same wont fix whats wrong with this game, in my opinion. And I'm hoping that the new weapon effects mean a big refactor of the games weapons to make them interesting (and race specific would be nice). All in all i'm more interested in what the free patch will include rather than the dlc because thats probably where the fixes and changes will come, rather than more content. The split stations look great, much better than the paranid ones (which as I read that the old ships wont get updates, i'll assume they wont either, which is a real shame).
Oh, and if all this comes at the cost of even worse performance (as is normally the case) then i'll probably not play the game for a decade, the game already runs like a dog on my pc.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 07:17

I've got a 8 core i7 4.4ghz processor, a RTX 2070, and man does this game run bad when I'm on any station. When Im in space the game runs fine. I wonder why this is.
Just... another... bug.

Return to “X4: Foundations”