Are there any confirmed plans on War?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Re: Are there any confirmed plans on War?

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 10:30

What War ?

Brachra
x4

Post by Brachra » Mon, 17. Feb 20, 01:07

Resurrecting this old post because My question still stands!
A lot of updates have come since i made this thread and am curious if anyone could summarize if any new "War" mechanics have been added?
Amd Phenom II X4 965 Black edition OC@ 4.0Ghz
GeForce 760GTX 2Gb Oc
8GB RAM
500GB HD

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 17. Feb 20, 01:50

Brachra wrote:
Mon, 17. Feb 20, 01:07
Resurrecting this old post because My question still stands!
A lot of updates have come since i made this thread and am curious if anyone could summarize if any new "War" mechanics have been added?
In my current 3.0b game HOP started with a fleet of at least 40-50 capitals which they used to annihilate Argon Prime (every single station smashed), while the Argons were distracted by a substantial Xenon invasion (around a dozen or so capitals) through Hatikvah's Choice. Does that count?

Still a few rough edges, but then it is a beta. Most notably, if a sector ever goes neutral (i.e. all defence stations belonging to the sector's current owners are destroyed before the invading force build their own) everyone seems to forget the sector exists. For quite a while (several weeks) Argon Prime was changing hands on an almost daily basis (fluctuating between Argon, Xenon & HOP control) until one of those factions messed it up & now no one wants it, not even the Argons.

However, bugs aside, has still been a ton of fun trying to reverse the HOP tide by building a truly gargantuan shipyard in Antigone Memorial (primarily built to replace Argon & Antigone fleets) &, more recently, a pair of heavily armed defence stations guarding the north & south gates in Second Contact II, to ensure trade between the few remaining Antigone & Argon sectors can flow without disruption by HOP or Xenon forces.

Return to “X4: Foundations”