Will the existing ships get an overhaul?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Will the existing ships get an overhaul?

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 11:43

linolafett wrote:
Fri, 9. Aug 19, 20:17
How the other stats then will be balanced, i really dont know.
Given the current state of X4 ship stats, I can bet the other stats will be just copy/paste.

Sinthanor
x4

Post by Sinthanor » Mon, 12. Aug 19, 21:00

That's sad to hear. The weird looking paranid captial ships were one of the biggest letdown for me - they simply look unfinished.

But I agree split vessel look fabulous.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 13:55

I think the current ships we have look great. For a space sim game I dont think the ships need any more detail than what we have now.
Just... another... bug.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 14:21

DaMuncha wrote:
Wed, 14. Aug 19, 13:55
I think the current ships we have look great. For a space sim game I dont think the ships need any more detail than what we have now.
Can't agree with this...
Current ships have much worse design than X:R had.
And Split:Vendetta's ships finally look like they should.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

JanB
x4

Post by JanB » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 15:00

Overhaul? I want the missing XL ships
1K ist oK. 2K's sind oK. 2K's + 1I sind IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 15:14

We got ONE paranid corvette... Wheres the other races corvettes?
Just... another... bug.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 15:22

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 10. Aug 19, 11:43
linolafett wrote:
Given the current state of X4 ship stats, I can bet the other stats will be just copy/paste.
which ones give you the impression that they were just copy-pasted?

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 16:00

j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 14. Aug 19, 15:22
mr.WHO wrote:
- S-/M-/Drone-/Rocket capacities.
- Most weapons and other surface elements / but because a lot of encyclopedia entries and stats are wrong, this might be a wrong assumption.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

teleportationwars

Post by teleportationwars » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 16:40

j.harshaw wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:
linolafett wrote:
I see a lot of copy-paste in shipstorage, weapon range, equipment/hull prices, quotas in god and jobs... It is my biggest gripe with x4. Such a cool game but so little of the assets or systems are used to their full potential.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 18:13

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 9. Aug 19, 08:58
I do not think one can compare the images. One is of the Gorgon Frigate and the other appears to be an L transport or mining ship. Additionally the Gorgon appears to be from pre-release as the shading on it appears much more primitive than in game. Specifically the Gorgon is very shiny and has cube map or screen space reflections much like the Split ship which are not visible in that alpha screenshot.

Is it me?
Or has this conversation about pre-Alpha rendered ships being used as a comparison in "Ugly Looking Ships" Topics been had before?

Sure I've read a similar topic before and the same answer was given then as well.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 20:07

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 14. Aug 19, 18:13
Or has this conversation about pre-Alpha rendered ships being used as a comparison in "Ugly Looking Ships" Topics been had before?
Quite probably. The only fair comparison would be someone with a good GPU maxes out the visual settings and then screenshots in a similar environment with similar paint work the ships.

OzgurAtlas
x4

Post by OzgurAtlas » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 03:46

Yesss please make this happen! Most of the ships needs an overhaul for external and internal details. Especially details on the control decks of capital ships looks like produced for a mobile game... Instead of a complex command console they have a hd plasma tv :D. And speaking for external details even the game i play on my phone (Nova Empire) have more details and looking cooler than x4 ships.

bmaxa
x4

Post by bmaxa » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 04:00

Can ships be modded?

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 10:21

Have to say the new ships looks way way better than the vanilla set. Seems like you got more times to polish them, or were more inspired (i mean the team, i know you were not in charge of this @linolafette for the vanilla ships).

Hoping that some of the L/XL vanilla ships will have some reworks someday.

Quite excited for the 3.0 and the DLC.
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 20:01

j.harshaw wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:
linolafett wrote:
In addition to what Tamina and teleportationwars wrote, I'd also add that all ships within same class carry exactly same amount of flares and deployables storage.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 07:48

I'd also add that every ship is able to use the same kind of weapons,I.e. all weapons (missiles/turrets/weapons) for their size.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 11:39

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 16. Aug 19, 07:48
I'd also add that every ship is able to use the same kind of weapons,I.e. all weapons (missiles/turrets/weapons) for their size.
For 99% case this is true, but interesting thing is that Argon Behemot cannot mount L-size tracked and dumbfire turrets. Odysseus is also on of a few interesting ships because is it so much different that other destroyers (M-size dock, more L-size turrets).

Egosoft if you want to diversify ships, follow the Oddyseus example.
Last edited by mr.WHO on Fri, 16. Aug 19, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 14:03

rene6740 wrote:
I kind of like that. I know this might be an unpopular opinnion because X3 had this "limitation" so some people are used to it and want it to be like "in the good old days" but I am all in for greater ship modularity.
I even wish we could even further decide between different dock modules and exchange them for greater ship, drone, rocket, crew or additional ware capacity on the expense of the other parameters. On top of different ship stats, that is.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 14:47

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 16. Aug 19, 14:03
rene6740 wrote:
I kind of like that. I know this might be an unpopular opinnion because X3 had this "limitation" so some people are used to it and want it to be like "in the good old days" but I am all in for greater ship modularity.
I even wish we could even further decide between different dock modules and exchange them for greater ship, drone, rocket, crew or additional ware capacity on the expense of the other parameters. On top of different ship stats, that is.
I think a mixed of both is perfect. For example in X:R you dont have any freedom. You only can define the number of specific turrets but you can not chose what kind of turret you want. That is bad as well.

What I think is a good way is that some weapons should be special. For example a long range artillery, high energy weapons, torpedo launchers or some special race weapons. In general the strongest or longest range weapons (of each size) should not be placable on all ships. These weapons should only be fittable on some specific ships in a limited amount.

Making all ships with the same weapons is boring in my opinion. You only choose the best chassis and put the different weapons for different purposes on it and voila.. you have a fleet ready for every situation but all look the same.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 18:03

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 16. Aug 19, 14:03
rene6740 wrote:
I am mostly on your side and I also like the modularity. Modularity is only great if you got choices. Right now choices are very limited and they are stretched by providing mk2 versions that just have higher stats. Good example is the Pulse weapon from Rebirth. MK3 version did change the characteristics of that weapon.

Also if you look at the Odysseus and Zeus. Pretty much copy and paste here too. Both have the same Hangar 10M and 40S. Difference is that Zeus has more docks and quick launch tubes. Off it's better seitiges for a carrier. But why does the Odysseus has the same stats in this regards? That's is just lazy copy and paste in my opinion. The destroyer definetly shouldn't have same size hangar like the Carrier.

Return to “X4: Foundations”