Food and med fab spam and how to prevent it

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Karmaticdamage
x4

Food and med fab spam and how to prevent it

Post by Karmaticdamage » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 21:06

I imagine most of the people playing 2.5 have run into the problem of the HOP and PAR building an absurd amount of soja husk, solar plants, med factories, and soy bean farms. For some reason in the early game the HOP and PAR do not move their food around, stations are starving while food fabs are full. I believe this tricks that AI into thinking they need more food and med bays which in turn increases the demand for soy beans and ecells. In the last few games I've started I've managed to prevent this from happening but it must be done asap.
What I've done is bought two S sized traders, Tethys are really good for this. One to auto trade soja husk, the other to trade medical supplies. If you set them up in pious mists with a range of 4, they can reach every HOP and PAR station. Then let them go for the rest of your game. They make a tiny bit of profit and keep the paranid stations fed. In each case the factions did not spam food or med bay factories and I am enjoying much better game performance.
I chose S sized traders because most buy orders for food and med supplies is very small and can fit in the cargo hold of the much faster S sized ships.
Obviously this only works if you do this with a new game. If your game world is already spammed with these stations, the only solution then is to destroy them, repair your rep, then setup traders or your own food/med facility.

SPiDER
x4

Re: Food and med fab spam and how to prevent it

Post by SPiDER » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 21:27

I'm glad for you that you have managed to halt this in your game, however in mine your explanation dosent work for Grand Exchange IV 382 ( and now building in Grand Exchange I ) and Argon Prime where most of my empire is based thats upto 242 with an abundaant supply of Food and Med's before the spam got truly under way.interestingly ANT havent done it at all..and as for HOP apart the the Ringway I havn't explored their space.
The largest Spam build is Trinity Sanctum III thats now up to 479, HAT III is just getting started too now.

Anyone else over the 1000 yet?

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 01:13

The performance got intolerable well before 1k for me, and my efforts to keep it from happening also failed.

I'm amazed they haven't hotfixed this. 2.5 came out over 2 months ago. Stopped playing before 2.5 went live, and not sure they can do much in 3.0 to make it worth cracking this back open again, much less handing them more money for an expansion.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 01:19

graphicboy wrote:
Thu, 15. Aug 19, 01:13
I'm amazed they haven't hotfixed this. 2.5 came out over 2 months ago. Stopped playing before 2.5 went live, and not sure they can do much in 3.0 to make it worth cracking this back open again, much less handing them more money for an expansion.
I think the changes became too embedded with 3.00 features that they could not branch out for a hotfix. It took several weeks after release to identify and fix the issue and by that time work on 3.00 features would be well under way. The implemented solution might even consider 3.00 features so back porting might not be possible.

I would suggest holding off playing until 3.00 if you have a problem with the factory spam. Even without the DLC it should be fixed and if you enjoy your experience then you can always stop and buy the DLC at any time.

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 18:32

I did what Karmaticdamage said and it seems to work indeed. No spam so far. About 40hours in 2.5.

Return to “X4: Foundations”