Why Teladi have two scouts?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Why Teladi have two scouts?

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 22:54

Kestrel and Guillemot seems rathersimilar to eachother, to the point I have no idea why there would be the need to have two different ships in the scout class.

DaMuncha
x4

Re: Why Teladi have two scouts?

Post by DaMuncha » Sat, 17. Aug 19, 14:35

I think in development they just made a bunch of ships and said "this simple looking one can be a Teladi i guess, and that one looks kinda like argon designs" and then "so what do we do with the extra ship? well Teladi are missing a few in other classes so just give it to them"

Some of the ships do not match styles in anyway across classes. Weve got the smooth edged looking Paranid scout ships, and then Pointy batman shaped Paranid courier ships.

What we end up with is a completely random number of ships in each class and Paranid having the only Corvette. "Oh crap we got the scale wrong on this fighter, meh lets just call it a Corvette and leave it as it is"

Theres alot of things in X4 that I dont think were planned at all, just random "meh what ever, we'll fix it later if we have time" casses.
Just... another... bug.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sat, 17. Aug 19, 14:57

Guillemot is the teladi scout. The krestel is their low tier fighter, like the the argon elite or the paranid pegasus.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 17. Aug 19, 15:40

One suggestion I've made in the past, among many, is that ships have an equipment slot for sensors, which affect their radar range. Different sensor sizes (like S, M, and L) give give increasing radar ranges. Scouts ships could potentially be able to be equipped with an L sized sensor, but no weapons, while dedicated fighters could have lots of weapons, but only an S sized sensor. As it is, scouts now are just incredibly weakly armed, useless fighters, since they have no inherent increased radar range compared with other fighters.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Sat, 17. Aug 19, 22:54

The first one is so they can get quick and early access to trade information.
The second one is so they can get early and quick access to trade information.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 14:49

RodentofDoom wrote:
Sat, 17. Aug 19, 22:54
The first one is so they can get quick and early access to trade information.
The second one is so they can get early and quick access to trade information.
Except that neither is particularly quick.

Return to “X4: Foundations”