Corporations in X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Corporations in X4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 08:26

Just a thought, I think it would be fun to have corporations in X4. By that I mean, AI controlled businesses that, like the player, have limited funds, and do their best to grow and expand their business. They would not necessarily be warlike, maybe only purchasing a few combat ships for self defense, but otherwise are mainly focused on making money Although some could be more warlike than others, maybe specifically targeting other rival corporations. The wares they sell to shipyards, though, would certainly help out in the war effort.

In X3 AP, they introduced the stock market. It was silly though, because none of the companies really existed in the game universe, and none of the stock prices were tied to profitability. They just kind of randomly fluctuated up or down. If X4 had a stock market with corporations, whose stock price went up or down based on profitability of the respective corporations, that could be a cool way to make money, aka investing in the stock of one corporation, helping it along by trading with it and/or hurting its rivals, etc. The stock market would actually be tied to the state of the game, and not just a random number generator like it was in X3 AP.

Taylor2008
x4

Re: Corporations in X4

Post by Taylor2008 » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 09:30

More easy Money is not that high important thing ,in my opinion.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 11:41

I think the groundwork is already here:
- X-Rebirth had plenty of corporations.
- X4 has dynamic factions (who expand and fight war).

Corporations would be good candidate for small DLC.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 15:13

Taylor2008 wrote:
Fri, 16. Aug 19, 09:30
More easy Money is not that high important thing ,in my opinion.
I don't see how it would be easy money. You would have to either invest wisely in a corporation that you believe will prosper, or proactively intervene in order to ensure that the corporation you did invest in actually does prosper. It would require effort in either case.

Johnson98
x4

Post by Johnson98 » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 18:34

I´d also love to have corporations in X4, but for different reasons.
Now I don´t care about a stock market, it sounds like a neat idea and might be fun to work for your investement and add another layer of depth to combat.

But I´d like corporations to be handled how they were in X:R.
There were different corporations in every sector that specialized in a specific market, there were Energy producers, tech giants, food producers, mining corporations etc.
This way one could actually influence the market and compete for profits without suddenly starting a war with a major faction.

Now I don´t know about you guys, but currently I don´t see any use in the sabotage system, besides maybe as a pirate/privateer. You can´t compete against a major faction in the early game and why should you bother with sabotage in the late game if you could simply run them over with your destroyers and frigates?
Your conquered systems would also be less empty and stale with corporations in them that create demand and supply.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 21:46

I'de love to see corporations. The move in Rebirth to portray companies and militaries rather than a 'race' was a wise one, its just how it should be. X4 kinda has this with the factions splitting up, but it doesnt go far enough. Hope they do something like this in a big update.
Ive said it before, but I think Rebirth does a lot of thing very, very well, other than one ship and indestructible stations. I want X4 to be more like Rebirth.

IronSquid501
x4

Post by IronSquid501 » Sat, 17. Aug 19, 08:50

I'd certainly prefer to earn my money through more trade than exploiting get-rich-quick schemes like crystal mining tbh. X:R's Corporations were really cool.
AKA Neil the Grass Titan

Return to “X4: Foundations”