So.. About Those Xeno Stations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MHDriver
x4

So.. About Those Xeno Stations

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 07:38

Stopped playing for a while in the hopes that some of the Beta like game play would get patched. I see after a couple sessions that the AI still kinda just do what they want at times and there has been no resolution to the Xeno stations that you completely destroy yet they never go away. Has Egosoft commented on these as being planned for addressing or what??

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: So.. About Those Xeno Stations

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 07:45

Not sure what ego has said but, in my experiences, the only xeno stations I see that can't be destroyed are in the process of being built. I have a couple lingering in my save that are empty plots and at one point, I destroyed a defence station that wasn't completely built. it lingered until it finished being built. They tend to react rather quickly to destroyed stations to plan a replacement and are slow to build it... but that could be because i setup a blockade at the jump gate in their space and blow up their mining ships frequently.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 07:59

Yes I have seen that as well with unfinished stations. The one's I am referring to are the completed defense stations that have been established for some time and when completely destroyed to where there is nothing in space remain visible on map and show in the system information. At some point they become visible in space in a skeletonized form then there is nothing that can be done to them. The info tab always shows a docking module present even though there is nothing in space.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 08:17

yeah that's a planned build. i've seen that myself. they're trying to rebuild the station but haven't given any resources to it. if you haven't obliterated the xenon, they will, eventually, build the station up again. For me, this happened in IZ 4, right next to the big ass teladi station. They had a defense station there, i blew it up, the plot lingered with an invisible structure. got bored with it, moved on to other things, and a few days later, the whole station was back. This time, I obliterated it and they moved the plot.

You can observe the same thing if you put down a plot somewhere and the first module you put down is considered as "there" even though, there's nothing built yet. I think you can even collide with it before construction starts, but I could be wrong about that.

If i had to guess, this is because there has to be something in the plot for it to be owned once building is planned. I did some wizardry and made a plot overlap a jump gate cuz, why not, and the first module i put down was inside the jump gate. when it finished building that module, it self destructed and the plot was lost. but until the first module is built, its indestructible.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 22:41

I have the same problem with a defence platform where the dock module is at 24%. I can select it on the map and then press "T". So now im bombarding it with torpedo's, but if i read this topic it will not work. Am i right? Had some problems with the xenon warf but that was fixed by pressing "T" on the map so i could select invisible modules.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 01:53

There has been talks that 3.0 will address the 'indestructible stations' bugs.

Also there has been those in here that have figured out ways to destroy them when they are not finished. Don't know how they managed to destroy the Indestructible Stations? There was a topic about it, few months back.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 09:42

Here's the topic explaining how to destroy these stations:

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=415498

Use this workaround to destroy the station. If the build storage doesn't despawn with the station wreckage (as is normally the case), fly close to the remnant build storage, note down it's ID number, search it's ID number in the savefile and delete it. Yes, it can become quite tedious but it's a way to get rid of them for the time being.

It is still possible for the AI to rebuild and complete construction of such stations, allowing you to destroy them as normal but, it really depends on where the station is located (the AI won't finish construction if they try to build in the middle of an enemy sector without securing the sector first, for example).

As a side note: It is a common problem with all stations, not just Xenon or Khaak ones.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Return to “X4: Foundations”