super confused about supply ships - Improvements coming.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

super confused about supply ships - Improvements coming.

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 09:46

I have a nomad, I have it fully stocked, it's a fleet subordinate, i've set high medium and low auto resupply for a few ships, i can manually order ships to repair/resupply at it. I have yet to see one ship go on it's on. Matter of fact, the minotaur in the fleet keeps asking me for orders because it's out of ammo. :gruebel: :gruebel: :gruebel:
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Yellowman
x4

Re: super confused about supply ships

Post by Yellowman » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 14:29

I know. I also dont understand them. If i see the size of those tings you should think they can transport lots of stuff but it can ressupply around 6 or 7 eclipses with torpedo's then its empty. It doenst matter were you are in space it's always is much faster to let them dock at the nearest warf/shipyard or eq dock then at a ressuply ship. Also i dont understand why you cant set auto traders on the supply ship to restock automaticly and faster. Anyway... i dont use them because i dont see the point and value of it. Maby someone can convince me otherwise?

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 14:40

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 09:46
Matter of fact, the minotaur in the fleet keeps asking me for orders because it's out of ammo. :gruebel: :gruebel: :gruebel:
Think i see what's wrong, but just to check, was your Minotaur in the fleet before you added your Nomad?

And if you remove the Minotaur from the fleet and add it back, does it still complain that it's out of ammo when trying to attack?

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: super confused about supply ships - a bit more info needed from the OP.

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 15:00

yeah, doesn't matter how i set things up, even with the supply ship resupplying Matrix 451 with no commander or in the fleet, or ships assigned as subordinates or not, they're not resupplying at all. i've set the global resupply order, the commanders resupply behavior, and manually set some subordinate resupply behavior.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 15:03

I have the same problem with my carrier. I have yet to see it auto buying stuff or auto equiping any of my fighters... they dont even get automatically repaired. Just not happening.

Btw. carriers and resupply ships don't work at all if the save was made pre-2.5, in my experience.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 15:18

crazy thing is, this dude playing the beta had a ship come grab more missiles https://youtu.be/ZeFph8f1c38?t=1295. I've also seen an Oddy come auto repair at the supply ship as well somewhere in the video.
rebellionpac.com

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 15:24

Do you have by any chance Torpedos equipped? Since Light/Medium/Heavy are predefined consumable blueprints of unknown origin, as you can see in the video it equipped Heavy Smartmissiles, and I wonder if Torpedos are ever reequipped because it tries to equip Heavy Smartmissiles.

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 15:28

no, i've been working out someway to auto resupply missiles of any type for my ships and since stations can't equip torpedoes, i went with tracking launchers on my ships instead. I even built a mess of stations in 451 just to produce missiles and drones, but no one wants to get rearmed on their own no matter what i do.
rebellionpac.com

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 17:47

Will need more specifics to be able to help you, i'm afraid. To start, have you tried this?

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... liaryShips

You could also upload a save somewhere accessible so we could take a look. Please mention which ship(s) we should look at in that case.

@Tamina, carriers don't automatically get supplies. Reasoned that, since they're dedicated combat ships, they shouldn't be constantly stopped by trading ships approaching to sell them supplies. They'll have to either be manually supplied or told to get supplies using the dedicated order. If a carrier has supplies, it should repair and equip fighters subordinate to it.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 18:05

yeah, ive done every combination of fleet configurations to attempt to get the thing to resupply.

Here's a save:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao9uUVCbKVPzgfAAfqQ ... g?e=uhUrxQ

Wing 8, all have launchers and currently includes the minotaur. 451 def platform 1 first subordinate also has launchers.
rebellionpac.com

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 18:51

Thanks for the save. A bit late to start looking into it today in depth, but will look into it tomorrow.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 18:55

I appreciate you taking a look. Hopefully I'm just missing something.
rebellionpac.com

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 20:09

j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 17:47
@Tamina, carriers don't automatically get supplies. Reasoned that, since they're dedicated combat ships, they shouldn't be constantly stopped by trading ships approaching to sell them supplies. They'll have to either be manually supplied or told to get supplies using the dedicated order. If a carrier has supplies, it should repair and equip fighters subordinate to it.
Ah I see, thanks, this was unclear. Most of the confusion (even though you wrote this helpful wiki page) comes from not knowing what to expect and what NOT to expect from this functionality. :D
Appreciating your efforts a lot :)

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 20:12

Thanks for the feedback. Should maybe make that clearer in the wiki? Trying to keep it from bombarding the player with too much information, but something being unclear's not good.

@Vertigo, took a quick look at that save and there is indeed something wrong going on. Will have to look in more detail tomorrow.

That save looks familiar, by the way. Where'd you stash the old Roci?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 21:03

Repairing does not need supplies as repairing is free.

Supply ships must be assigned to resupply a fleet, and it will repair and resupply all S/M/L/XL in that fleet. Carriers will only resupply and repair S/M ships that are subordinates of them.

I never tried resupply mechanics, however last I tested repair mechanics did work correctly. To testI even purposely shot up some ships and they went to repair.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 21:06

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 21:03
Repairing does not need supplies as repairing is free.

Supply ships must be assigned to resupply a fleet, and it will repair and resupply all S/M/L/XL in that fleet. Carriers will only resupply and repair S/M ships that are subordinates of them.

I never tried resupply mechanics, however last I tested repair mechanics did work correctly. To testI even purposely shot up some ships and they went to repair.
Then this is definitly not working for me correctly. My carrier has multiple damaged fighters on board, none of which are repaired. I will wait and see what j.harshaw comes up with tomorrow regarding resupplying ships, which also does not work for me as well, might be interconnected.

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 00:33

j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 20:12
Thanks for the feedback. Should maybe make that clearer in the wiki? Trying to keep it from bombarding the player with too much information, but something being unclear's not good.

@Vertigo, took a quick look at that save and there is indeed something wrong going on. Will have to look in more detail tomorrow.

That save looks familiar, by the way. Where'd you stash the old Roci?
Hah! Good eye! Nice to find a fellow Expanse fan out there. Can't wait to see what Amazon does with the series!

Poor Roci got blowed up =( K jumped in while I wasn't paying attention. That was like the 3rd ship I bought since I started too.
rebellionpac.com

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 00:53

I had a supply ship assigned to a carrier, which carrier also had 40 fighters and 7 destroyers as subordinates, many of which were missile armed. I noticed after a long time fighting, that some of the fighters who had exhausted their missiles were heading back to the supply ship in order to replenish their missile supplies. Some destroyers that had gotten damaged turrets docked with it to get repaired. All without me giving explicit orders. So it does that, at least.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 01:05

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 00:53
I had a supply ship assigned to a carrier, which carrier also had 40 fighters and 7 destroyers as subordinates, many of which were missile armed. I noticed after a long time fighting, that some of the fighters who had exhausted their missiles were heading back to the supply ship in order to replenish their missile supplies. Some destroyers that had gotten damaged turrets docked with it to get repaired. All without me giving explicit orders. So it does that, at least.
was the supply ship a direct sub of the carrier or further down the chain?
rebellionpac.com

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 01:40

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 01:05
Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 00:53
was the supply ship a direct sub of the carrier or further down the chain?
Supply ship was a direct sub of the carrier, as were all other ships in the fleet. Everything was a direct sub of the carrier. I have found that having sub wings below the carrier doesn't work very well. Hopefully 2.6 or 3.0 will address this.

Return to “X4: Foundations”