Egosoft@Gamescom | Live@Gamestar | Translated Summary

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Artean
x4

Re: Egosoft@Gamescom | Live@Gamestar | Translated Summary

Post by Artean » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:32

Great news with several things to look forward to!

If indestructible station are fixed in 2.6, I'm really happy.

The reactions in this thread though - half the comments are winning based on a translated interview. Seriously? One even complaining about new game starts??? Haha, that's incredible!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:38

Techedge wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:30
Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:01
If i dont get say a 3rd dlc free i will be dissapointed
Yeh, well, I'm sorry to say this but: you can start to feel disappointed. :rant:

It was clearly stated that CE included 2 dlcs. :roll:

As to why you would like to receive a 3rd dlc for free, that boggles me... :gruebel:
who doesn't like free stuff? But that's an unrealistic expectation to place on a company. Might as well say "I want your new thing free because I bought this one thing from you 2 years ago". I mean, they said in no uncertain terms that the CE includes 2 DLCs.

It's a good bet the 2nd DLC will give us Terrans at this point. I half expect it based on the unknown origins but suspected origin of the Player HQ. But, anything can happen between now and the time they announce what the 2nd DLC will be. In the mean time, I choose to play what they've given us, enjoy the poop out of it, and let Ego know if I find something that's clearly not working as intended. I'm loving X4.... sinking way more time into it than is healthy but, w/e, I'm pleased to see some lazer beams and explosions and all that fun stuff! PEW PEW PEW! Gotcha!
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:45

Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:01
If i dont get say a 3rd dlc free i will be dissapointed
And?

Lets just say that my perspective is that I hope Egosoft will be able to continue to develop X4 and any successor. You don't get a 3rd DLC and you get disappointing? Haha.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 18:15

I did not expect to see Boron in the game and I see no problems with buying another 10 DLC

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 18:36

Wehrwolf_10 wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 18:15
I did not expect to see Boron in the game and I see no problems with buying another 10 DLC
Mee too, as long as they will continue to improve all the aspects of the game (old assets included :P)

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 19:00

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:07

Yeah, that's what I thought. I thought it is going to be +25% or so, like 8 sectors maybe, but +100%!? Nice to hear, I hope performance is going to hold up :)
I get the feeling that now the base game's out and the engine isn't a work in progress, the art team have more freedom to go nuts.

Whatever it is, I'm just blown away how much this DLC is going to have in it.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 19:16

MegaJohnny wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 19:00
Tamina wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:07

Yeah, that's what I thought. I thought it is going to be +25% or so, like 8 sectors maybe, but +100%!? Nice to hear, I hope performance is going to hold up :)
I get the feeling that now the base game's out and the engine isn't a work in progress, the art team have more freedom to go nuts.

Whatever it is, I'm just blown away how much this DLC is going to have in it.
Yup, this seems very promising. We need more of just about everything - ships, sectors, races and fixes. The DLC and 3.0 patch seem to bring quite a lot of all that.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 19:24

Just think, that's only the first DLC. Who knows what's to come after that? There are an awful lot of inactive jump gates in the current release.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:23

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 14:38
German Livestream

Near future
- 2.6 is going to be released shortly after Gamescom
Right at the end of the interview Bernd says “2.6 Beta will be released shortly after Gamescom”

So probably be end of September before the 2.6 patch is released ☹️
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:26

Tamina wrote:
- 2nd DLC adds another race but it is not going to be Borons. Maybe later.
What.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:27

adeine wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:26
Tamina wrote:
What.
Tamina wrote:
rebellionpac.com

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:35

Sadly the presentation with Bernd @RocketBeansTV was not streamed live at 5pm. According to Gregory they did not stream the footage at 7:30 CEST as they promised as well, so theres that.
(Thankfully we got to hear two chavs presenting their hamster game in unity, instead :roll:)
Kpla Keltak wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:23

Right at the end of the interview Bernd says “2.6 Beta will be released shortly after Gamescom”
Corrected, thanks.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:42

I don't want to hype, but looks at this information the Split DLC will be nowhere near as 'cheap feel" as X-Rebirth DLC. It already seems bigger than both XR DLC combined.
Also it might b that 3.0 will be finally the game we need - and it only too them over a year (comparing to X-Rebirth 3 years).
Tamina wrote:
- Nearly doubles the size of the existing universe, including non-split sectors
Sweet! X4 universe feel a bit claustrophobic now.
Tamina wrote:
Terran! Terran! Terran!
Sol System can easily consist as many sectors as current X4 universe.
Not to mention I want to conquer the universe with war mechanics as Terran.
Tamina wrote:
- Adds diplomacy: A new mission-based game feature that enables the player to manipulate relations between factions.
Didn't see this coming, but welcome addition. Maybe broke a peace treaty between HOP and the rest of factions? I remember there was diplomatic mission chain in X-Rebirth.
Tamina wrote:
- Improved UI
I hope for improvements to station production/resources screen.
Last edited by mr.WHO on Fri, 23. Aug 19, 23:13, edited 2 times in total.

jeka1900
x4

Post by jeka1900 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:43

No Borons :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:54

shit I'm hyped !
If it"s technically too hard to make Borons come back why not just make the split annihilate all the borons and enslave them so we're done with them... lore wise it would make sense the split always looked a lot more powerfull than the Borons who are pacifique.

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 21:08

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:01
DaMuncha wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:52
One thing they talk about in the interview Is new player starts. I dont want to start a new game.
There are plenty of new players out there who will benefit from the new gamestart options, as well as plenty of existing players who may want to try something new, but nobody is forcing you to start a new game. The new features won't require it, nor will the Split Vendetta expansion.
Thank you so much for this answer. I was scared to loose my safegame if i wanted to play the split DLC. To add the new universe to my current safe is amazing!! Love it and i cant wait. Keep up the good work!

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 21:29

It makes sense that they dont want to kill peoples saves with the DLC. On the other hand, the current map deserves to be taken out back and shot. Mixed feelings.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 21:32

Let's hope they fix the factions actually caring about enemies in their territory and war mechanics first. Otherwise diplomacy is only good on paper.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 21:45

Trade negotiations is part of what ruined the Star Wars prequel. I'm just sayin! :wink:
rebellionpac.com

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 22:04

Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 21:29
It makes sense that they dont want to kill peoples saves with the DLC. On the other hand, the current map deserves to be taken out back and shot. Mixed feelings.
The current map wouldn't be too bad as a part of a wider universe. Especially if you remixed the ownership a bit.

Ideally it'd be neat if different gamestarts could come with different ways of populating the universe, with them all having the same sectors and layout, but with different positions for the various races.

Return to “X4: Foundations”