Egosoft@Gamescom | Live@Gamestar | Translated Summary

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

Re: Egosoft@Gamescom | Live@Gamestar | Translated Summary

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:01

All i want to know is those that got the collectors edition do we get all dlc that comes out or just 2 dlc. As i only bought it in hopes that it would mean i get all dlc that costs included in my x4 game so id never pay more later.

Like a goty edition.

If i dont get say a 3rd dlc free i will be dissapointed, sure it said 2dlc but i mean come on we all thought boron would be in that and thats kinda what i paid the extra for to have all past races back in even tho i payed full price and should have been in from day 1 as 40 quid is a aaa price and we got half a game. Then they asked for 20 more for collectors edition which i took to mean any dlc that comes is what u get if u get that. It stated the first 2 and its thought to be any future that comes that hasnt been decided yet.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:02

Skeeter wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:01
All i want to know is those that got the collectors edition do we get all dlc that comes out or just 2 dlc. As i only bought it in hopes that it would mean i get all dlc that costs included in my x4 game so id never pay more later.

Like a goty edition.

If i dont get say a 3rd dlc free i will be dissapointed, sure it said 2dlc but i mean come on we all thought boron would be in that and thats kinda what i paid the extra for to have all past races back in even tho i payed full price and should have been in from day 1 as 40 quid is a aaa price and we got half a game. Then they asked for 20 more for collectors edition which i took to mean any dlc that comes is what u get if u get that. It stated the first 2 and its thought to be any future that comes that hasnt been decided yet.
we get the first 2 dlcs
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:03

Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:47
Kpla Keltak wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:46
what issues will be fixed in 2.6?
I think the biggest is economy fixes and indestructible stations
its to be hope so because 3.0 and the Split DLC wont be released until the END of the year
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:04

Kpla Keltak wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:03
Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:47
Kpla Keltak wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:46
what issues will be fixed in 2.6?
I think the biggest is economy fixes and indestructible stations
its to be hope so because 3.0 and the Split DLC wont be released until the END of the year
economy is basically confirmed for 2.6
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:05

Skeeter wrote:
but i mean come on we all thought boron would be in that
who is we? =p I didn't think, hope, care, if boron would be included. I can go to a pet store and buy a whole tank of boron if I really want them =p
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:23

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:05
Skeeter wrote:
but i mean come on we all thought boron would be in that
who is we? =p I didn't think, hope, care, if boron would be included. I can go to a pet store and buy a whole tank of boron if I really want them =p
Same here. Balance, bugfixes, mid/late game goals/challenges are priority for me. I don't really want casual "new" stuff that don't add much to a longer gameplay.

Spaceman Sublime
x4

Post by Spaceman Sublime » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:24

I wonder if DLC2 will be Terrans. Love those guys. Sleek ships that are well balanced but kick ass in combat better than anyone else. (As an Earthling I may be a bit biased). We are getting more story with this update, so maybe more with the next. We know the HQ is Terran in design and it and the asteroid in its middle have something to do with spacetime manipulation. Maybe it'll rip open a connection back to the Sol system! Oh man am I hopeful for that!

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:24

Skeeter wrote:
As i only bought it in hopes that it would mean i get all dlc that costs included in my x4 game so id never pay more later.
I dunno where you got those hopes from, since what's included in collector's been stated from the start: two DLCs. You never know though, could be the two would in the end turn out to be "all" ;)

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:28

Skeeter wrote:

Like a goty edition.

I know people really want the Boron back in the game, but... they never confirmed it. We bought the CE based on unknowns, and it's unknowns we get.

Techedge
x4

Post by Techedge » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:30

Skeeter wrote:
If i dont get say a 3rd dlc free i will be dissapointed
Yeh, well, I'm sorry to say this but: you can start to feel disappointed. :rant:

It was clearly stated that CE included 2 dlcs. :roll:

As to why you would like to receive a 3rd dlc for free, that boggles me... :gruebel:

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:32

Great news with several things to look forward to!

If indestructible station are fixed in 2.6, I'm really happy.

The reactions in this thread though - half the comments are winning based on a translated interview. Seriously? One even complaining about new game starts??? Haha, that's incredible!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:38

Techedge wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:30
Skeeter wrote:
Yeh, well, I'm sorry to say this but: you can start to feel disappointed. :rant:

It was clearly stated that CE included 2 dlcs. :roll:

As to why you would like to receive a 3rd dlc for free, that boggles me... :gruebel:
who doesn't like free stuff? But that's an unrealistic expectation to place on a company. Might as well say "I want your new thing free because I bought this one thing from you 2 years ago". I mean, they said in no uncertain terms that the CE includes 2 DLCs.

It's a good bet the 2nd DLC will give us Terrans at this point. I half expect it based on the unknown origins but suspected origin of the Player HQ. But, anything can happen between now and the time they announce what the 2nd DLC will be. In the mean time, I choose to play what they've given us, enjoy the poop out of it, and let Ego know if I find something that's clearly not working as intended. I'm loving X4.... sinking way more time into it than is healthy but, w/e, I'm pleased to see some lazer beams and explosions and all that fun stuff! PEW PEW PEW! Gotcha!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 17:45

Skeeter wrote:
And?

Lets just say that my perspective is that I hope Egosoft will be able to continue to develop X4 and any successor. You don't get a 3rd DLC and you get disappointing? Haha.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 18:15

I did not expect to see Boron in the game and I see no problems with buying another 10 DLC

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 18:36

Wehrwolf_10 wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 18:15
I did not expect to see Boron in the game and I see no problems with buying another 10 DLC
Mee too, as long as they will continue to improve all the aspects of the game (old assets included :P)

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 19:00

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:07

Yeah, that's what I thought. I thought it is going to be +25% or so, like 8 sectors maybe, but +100%!? Nice to hear, I hope performance is going to hold up :)
I get the feeling that now the base game's out and the engine isn't a work in progress, the art team have more freedom to go nuts.

Whatever it is, I'm just blown away how much this DLC is going to have in it.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 19:16

MegaJohnny wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 19:00
Tamina wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:07

Yeah, that's what I thought. I thought it is going to be +25% or so, like 8 sectors maybe, but +100%!? Nice to hear, I hope performance is going to hold up :)
I get the feeling that now the base game's out and the engine isn't a work in progress, the art team have more freedom to go nuts.

Whatever it is, I'm just blown away how much this DLC is going to have in it.
Yup, this seems very promising. We need more of just about everything - ships, sectors, races and fixes. The DLC and 3.0 patch seem to bring quite a lot of all that.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 19:24

Just think, that's only the first DLC. Who knows what's to come after that? There are an awful lot of inactive jump gates in the current release.
rebellionpac.com

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:23

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 14:38
German Livestream

Near future
- 2.6 is going to be released shortly after Gamescom
Right at the end of the interview Bernd says “2.6 Beta will be released shortly after Gamescom”

So probably be end of September before the 2.6 patch is released ☹️
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 20:26

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 14:38
- 2nd DLC adds another race but it is not going to be Borons. Maybe later.
What.

Return to “X4: Foundations”