Unofficial Officlal 2.6 "Is it here yet" thread - It's on Public Beta!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Unofficial Officlal 2.6 "Is it here yet" thread - It's on Public Beta!

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 12:34

Can someone post a screenshot of 8M dock added by 2.60 beta?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 12:36

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 14. Sep 19, 12:34
Not yet. They made it purchasable, but not buildable :lol: Should be in in the next beta iteration.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 12:40

You can find the 8M dock on Argon Trading stations since release. The blueprint was just not purchasable by the player before 2.6.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 01:23

So making money in the early game is even easier now. Theirs no reason to build production stations, just skip on through to the infinite credit machine called the wharf. Nividium never runs dry and theirs so many hull part factories now that you can make a massive killing just auto trading refined metals around. At least the AI empires can put up a better fight now when you do decide to bring down the hammer.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 04:51

I'm actually seriously thinking about starting a new game when the DLC comes out. The save Im using Is from the original release version of the game, and space is so full of useless stations now. I've got huge stations in most main sectors and all I do is sit in my ship waiting for stations to build at 10 frames per sec. The game has became stale.
Just... another... bug.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 09:48

DaMuncha wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 04:51
I'm actually seriously thinking about starting a new game when the DLC comes out. The save Im using Is from the original release version of the game, and space is so full of useless stations now. I've got huge stations in most main sectors and all I do is sit in my ship waiting for stations to build at 10 frames per sec. The game has became stale.
Argh not good... What's your bottleneck? I've a crap (but compliant) graphics card, and decent processor, but am taking a deep breath and buying a system with the best of both, but I worry even that would be challenged in the later game. - I don't get much of a framerate drop even when in the middle of one of my mega stations *BUT* I bit the bullet and set graphics to 'low.' - What I worried about was the impact of doubling the physical size of the galaxy with the Split DLC, and started thinking that Egosoft *may* have created a game that wasn't suitable (long term) for any current hardware configuration. It beggars belief that could happen as it'd be commercial suicide, but it's still nagging away at me...
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 10:51

I have dozen 50+ complexes (each served by about 50 freighters and miners) and don't feel any framerate drop, unless I go to the map.

Here is an old screenshots that show 1/3 of what I got now:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... CC755556D/

P.S. Traffic control must be one a hell task in my sectors.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 11:58

That's pretty impressive, and also reassuring.

I'm recently back to the game after a 1/2 year hiatus, but still want better hardware so I can play the game in 'pretty mode.'

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 19:22

While it states the station spam is getting fixed, how about the massive amounts of redundant stations many have? Are they going to stay ingame or somehow taken out? Hatikva sector is full in my game with ANT/ARG stations and I really don't want to go cleaning spree on them. I'm mostly a one game guy, aka I play one game forever just building more and more, so would like to know how it'll be with those stations. Yes I do play others starts from time to time, but mostly play my "main game".

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 19:52

dholmstr wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 19:22
how about the massive amounts of redundant stations many have?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=418592&p=4883727#p4883718

gorgofdoom
x4

Post by gorgofdoom » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 10:39

Someone ought to say something about this update in a more direct-to-player forum. There's not a lot of people who take the time to dig through the forums for it. Stuff like this is what keeps the player numbers up on the steam charts, though, and I want everyone to experience this!

Excellent stuff, devs!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 15:23

We will say more about it when it's released. But while it's in Beta, the Beta forum is the right place for the information to be posted.

KillZ0n3
x4

Post by KillZ0n3 » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 14:16

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 01:23
So making money in the early game is even easier now. Theirs no reason to build production stations, just skip on through to the infinite credit machine called the wharf. Nividium never runs dry and theirs so many hull part factories now that you can make a massive killing just auto trading refined metals around. At least the AI empires can put up a better fight now when you do decide to bring down the hammer.
Hardly the case. Nvidium is still profitable but unsustainable for prolonged periods of time. What i did find out is that Ore/Silicon mining is a bit more profitable AND gets the economy going. Shipyards are supplied without shortages, most factories can and will provide end resources like claytronics and other high tech goods. Early game strat, for the new miner capacity seems to be a couple of L miners for nvidium and the remainer for raw resources. Base them off a good sector with resources like Second contact and even a low rated pilot can be left alone to auto trade those resources.

The big plus in this is reducing the ammount of miners needed to supply your factories with comes with better performance. I think this was a great improvement and a step in the right direction.
On a unrelated side note: Flying in formation is a thing of beauty :mrgreen:

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 19:33

KillZ0n3 wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 14:16
As is NPC fleets in formations:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 0DC86D159/
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 03:38

KillZ0n3 wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 14:16
Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 01:23
Hardly the case. Nvidium is still profitable but unsustainable for prolonged periods of time. What i did find out is that Ore/Silicon mining is a bit more profitable AND gets the economy going. Shipyards are supplied without shortages, most factories can and will provide end resources like claytronics and other high tech goods. Early game strat, for the new miner capacity seems to be a couple of L miners for nvidium and the remainer for raw resources. Base them off a good sector with resources like Second contact and even a low rated pilot can be left alone to auto trade those resources.

The big plus in this is reducing the ammount of miners needed to supply your factories with comes with better performance. I think this was a great improvement and a step in the right direction.
Their are definitely shortages, they just don't happen immediately. Within 10 hours of starting a new game, wharfs will be starving for weapon components and advanced electronics. These same problems happen in the base game as well once you start to produce engine parts and smart chips.

aviticus_dragon
x4

Post by aviticus_dragon » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 14:41

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 14. Sep 19, 12:34
It's in the encyclopedia in 2.6 though, so if you buy it you can see what it looks like.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 14:57

Beta 2 of 2.60 is now available.

aviticus_dragon
x4

Post by aviticus_dragon » Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:25

Played 2.6 over the weekend and things are turning in a great direction.

Fleet formations - working! Awesome to see fleets flying together and fighting in formation. Also if you change a formation, the ships respond, and immediately start to change to that formation.

Xenon - Not sure yet whether the Xenon are getting overrun. Xenon have taken over Company Regard and pushed into Ianaums Zura IV placing down defense stations. However, they were pushed back, and now Teladi are pushing into Matrix #451. Paranid have taken over Faulty Logic I and pushing into Faulty Logic III. Xenon were also pushed out of Hatikvah's Choice as well.

Personally I would like to see more chaos from the Xenon/Khaak, and larger fleets sent on a real assault instead of minor raiding parties here and there. I like the idea of a dangerous universe. Also there should be lots more pirate activity going around. I should have to protect my traders, but how it is now, I just send them out alone and most of the time they are safe.

2.6 is a good step in the right direction though so far.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 13:24

It's getting close to the need for an Unofficial 3.0 "is it here yet" thread. I'm aware it's destined for the fourth quarter (starts a week today,) and I think it's only right we should be apoplectic a week into the fourth quarter when it hasn't dropped. (I realise it'll be probably in the weeks running up to Christmas it and the Split Vendetta are released.

My wish for it is to have some of the denizens wandering about on stations offer missions when we talk to them. - Little steps towards making the 'inert' elements a little more interactive.

My technical wish is to see the 'around the station stutters' eliminated, as these destroy immersion for me.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 16:37

aviticus_dragon wrote:
Mon, 23. Sep 19, 16:25
Also there should be lots more pirate activity going around.
Yes, those unclaimed sectors where pirates usually set up shop should be brimming with pirates and really dangerous to travel through. It would also make you think twice about simply building a defenseless station in an unclaimed sector and take the sector as your own. If you want to take an unclaimed sector, you'll need to clear out the pirates and make it safe first.

BUT, and this is a big but, Jennifer Lopez size:

Egosoft must fix the locked SCA relations first, otherwise it will just make things even more cheaty than it already is. If unclaimed sectors were brimming with pirates, then it will just be a huge buffet for picking up free ships with zero consequence. If you drive pirates out of a sector by force, or grab away at their ships, they should actually get pissed off and hit you back.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Return to “X4: Foundations”