Docking

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ricky8
x4

Docking

Post by ricky8 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 17:20

I have just started X4 and would like to know how to dock at stations. I saw a video on how to dock but every time I try something goes wrong. Can anyone tell me if the game is broken or what? Thanks for any help

taztaz502
x4

Re: Docking

Post by taztaz502 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 17:35

ricky8 wrote:
Sun, 8. Sep 19, 17:20
I have just started X4 and would like to know how to dock at stations. I saw a video on how to dock but every time I try something goes wrong. Can anyone tell me if the game is broken or what? Thanks for any help
Approach a station press shift + D, Follow the green trail to your docking area then line up your ship using the on screen UI. lower the ship once they're all green.

To solve this issue in the future buy docking computer #2 which will automatically dock the ship once you approach the landing pad.

If you check the tutorial screen i think there is a tutorial showing you how to line the ship up but it's fairly easy.

ricky8
x4

Post by ricky8 » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 21:02

The problem is when I line all that stuff up it disappears and I just sit there. And I lose control of my ship and the ship just wanders around. anyone have any ideas? thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 21:29

Here is an X4 wiki page that should help you to see if you have the procedure right. If you have and you still have issues then suspect something may be interfering with your precise ship control such as a stuck and/or unwanted control input from some controller/joystick/pedals calibration, button, throttle or stick.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 8. Sep 19, 22:11

If your ship "wanders around" you may have hit something, ships do tend to want to rotate when that happens.

ricky8
x4

Post by ricky8 » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 00:11

I want to thank you guys for your help. After playing a while I have found that it is pretty wonky trying to land but can be done. I hope egosoft tries to make it easier in the future. Thanks again

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 00:36

ricky8 wrote:
Tue, 10. Sep 19, 00:11
I want to thank you guys for your help. After playing a while I have found that it is pretty wonky trying to land but can be done. I hope egosoft tries to make it easier in the future. Thanks again
It was quite easy for me since they copied the system from Elite Dangerous, but yeah I was cursing a bit the first few times in ED. Anyway, get the v2 docking software ASAP, makes it a _lot_ easier.

Return to “X4: Foundations”