Why can't I buy Trade Offer Subscriptions

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bignick217
x4

Why can't I buy Trade Offer Subscriptions

Post by bignick217 » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 07:47

I've searched everywhere for this but I just can't find the answer. What are the exact requirements to be able to buy a Trade Offer Subscription. I keep trying to buy one from the Argon Representative but it keeps saying I need better relations. But all the sources I've found say I only need a relation of +10. I have a relation of +15. And yes, I've already completed the promotion you have to complete at +10 relation. I did that earlier because I had to in order the buy the Quasar I wanted. I'm at a complete loss now. What am I missing? Does anyone know?

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Why can't I buy Trade Offer Subscriptions

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 08:17

Interim response while the more knowledgeable still sleep! - I *know* that the factions I've lower rep with (talking 15 - 18 rep) I can't buy the subscriptions, but I'm certain I can with those I've very high rep with, so I'd say it's at least 20. - I didn't buy the subscription as I didn't see it worth the investment as I've a full satellite network. 18 million? They must have Teladi ancestry...
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 08:32

bignick217 wrote:
Tue, 10. Sep 19, 07:47
I've searched everywhere for this but I just can't find the answer. What are the exact requirements to be able to buy a Trade Offer Subscription. I keep trying to buy one from the Argon Representative but it keeps saying I need better relations. But all the sources I've found say I only need a relation of +10. I have a relation of +15. And yes, I've already completed the promotion you have to complete at +10 relation. I did that earlier because I had to in order the buy the Quasar I wanted. I'm at a complete loss now. What am I missing? Does anyone know?
You need +20 rep for most. I *think* ALI and HAT will let you at 10, but the primary factions require +20.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

bignick217
x4

Post by bignick217 » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 17:06

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 10. Sep 19, 08:32
bignick217 wrote:
Tue, 10. Sep 19, 07:47
You need +20 rep for most. I *think* ALI and HAT will let you at 10, but the primary factions require +20.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give that a try and see if it works. It was just every source I found before was saying you only needed +10, plus I had found one post where a guy was saying he was at +30 and still couldn't buy it. And because there's no list anywhere for X4 that tells you definitively what you unlock at various ranks (not even in the online "Manual"/Wiki which seems odd that the "Manual" feels more community created than Egosoft created), I was starting to get frustrated that I couldn't get what I thought should be a simple question answered.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 18:51

I believe they are all +20 to purchase.

I didn't purchase them for quite some time because I had a satellite network that covered pretty much everything. But since I now have ridiculous amounts of cash, I went ahead and bought the ones I could just so I don't have to worry about finding new stations, satellites getting destroyed, things like that. From what I understand, the subscriptions will give you prices to new stations that you don't have sat coverage on, which is a nice benefit.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 22:01

They are all +20 rep

It's not actually that hard to reach.

Just drop satellites at Wharf's, Shipyards, and any station that buys Ores/Gases
Setup your auto-miner/trader network to utilise the satellites
Complete the easy resource and build missions for each faction your interested in …

Your miners/traders will periodically update random station info as they travel through systems
So you don't need masses of sats everywhere

to be honest .. it's far too easy to get the first 2 rep levels (10 & 20) ..
and making the money to exploit those levels isn't hard either (but imo the levels are easier than the cash)

Return to “X4: Foundations”