XRebirth vs X4 Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Re: XRebirth vs X4 Foundations

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 10:24

X3 was a hard game to figure out, so I abandoned it for a year. Then started it and very slowly stumbled into it’s ways. A game I still drop back into today. By that I mean X3 Albion Prelude. Rebirth was as we all know visually spectacular, but very dull to play. It very quickly got the biff.

Now X4 has been sucking up hours / Days / weeks. Of my life. Nowhere near as visual as Rebirth, (that is system look ) Ships are sort of good but seem all the same! Landing and Docking is a huge plus, very good indeed. Stations are as good as you make them. (a very good introduction)

Yet the X4 game has been put into hibernation for me, I very quickly had tons of cash rolling in. Ships all over the place, and own built stations everywhere. It is too easy, it is lost, and now pretty much stagnant.

I am a very keen X Pilot, I so want to be out in the X universe, but alas there is a whole lot of black out there. It’s not imaginative enough visually. So until the 3 comes out I don't bother with it. And I don't hold much hope things will have been changed much with the intro of 3.

Seems such a shame ! X4 could be brilliant, yet at the moment it has been put on the back burner for me, and not only has the stove been turned off, it is disconnected as well.

I am playing Foeza Horizon 4. Visually spectacular.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 10:35

I didn't start playing Rebirth until the final version (4.3) came out. From the beginning I felt immersed, if a little overwhelmed. Yes, as the previous poster stated, it was visually appealing. I liked the life on the stations and the fact you could interact via the minigames. I loved docking the Skunk on a bigger ship and zooming off across the Universe. - The boarding element I enjoyed too. - I loaded it up recently, a new game, and it felt filled with 'life.' - Yeah, it had some huge issues too, but I bought it understanding the limitations.

X4 does feel spartan, but I still very much enjoy it. - But it feels for me like a whole new set of positives were introduced in place of the positives which already existed in Rebirth. If Rebirth and X4 could have a love child, with the most endearing features of both parents, I think it'd make for an unbeatable game in my view.

I don't know what 3.0 and the planned DLCs can do to improve the elements of the game that are lacking, but I would like to see a more dangerous visually appealing universe with more interactive elements.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 11:09

Gavrushka wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 10:35
If Rebirth and X4 could have a love child, with the most endearing features of both parents, I think it'd make for an unbeatable game in my view.

I don't know what 3.0 and the planned DLCs can do to improve the elements of the game that are lacking, but I would like to see a more dangerous visually appealing universe with more interactive elements.
I agree 100%!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 11:52

Gavrushka wrote:
<snipped>

Totally agree, Game is way to easy (understand its focus on bring in new people to the genre, but its to simple) making money within a handful of hours your got a few stations running and credits roll in fast. Xenon, Khaak and Pirate's are little to no threat. There really needs to be some "wow and fear factor. I love the X series, and do like what X4 is trying to do, but it needs some work to make it the game it can become.
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 17:37

Lord Crc wrote:
Sat, 14. Sep 19, 23:49
While I like most things about X4, I must say that the universe in XR was vastly better. It was a much more interesting place to fly around in. Most systems had a unique look and feel, which made it a pleasure to explore.

This feeling is missing entirely in X4. There are a few locations that are visually awesome, but most sectors are just more of the same, or more of the same but with rocks.

Then again, it's called Foundations, so I'm hoping it'll improve as we move along.

Maybe because of the lack of Star Systems they could invest more resources into making these Systems more lore-rich, with their own politics, paired with amazing graphics and unique locations on top of being able to actually delve deeper into a System/Sector rather than the X3 method of it being pretty wallpaper. A case of quantity over quality.
But the storyline/politics of each X:Rebirth System was unique and amazing, if it had X4's War Mechanics then the civil war with PMC/Canterra and the Heart of Albion with an expansive Xenon threat looming in Maelstrom, what a game Rebirth would of been.
Gavrushka wrote:
I didn't start playing Rebirth until the final version (4.3) came out. From the beginning I felt immersed, if a little overwhelmed. Yes, as the previous poster stated, it was visually appealing. I liked the life on the stations and the fact you could interact via the minigames. I loved docking the Skunk on a bigger ship and zooming off across the Universe. - The boarding element I enjoyed too. - I loaded it up recently, a new game, and it felt filled with 'life.' - Yeah, it had some huge issues too, but I bought it understanding the limitations.

X4 does feel spartan, but I still very much enjoy it. - But it feels for me like a whole new set of positives were introduced in place of the positives which already existed in Rebirth. If Rebirth and X4 could have a love child, with the most endearing features of both parents, I think it'd make for an unbeatable game in my view.

And now there is a ton of mods available to extend the life of Rebirth that takes away many of the bad features, improving the good ones and even giving us a civil war mechanic to boot and new ships.
Wondering if Egosoft plan on releasing another patch for Rebirth in the future? Wont have new features, but we come to expect that they'll release a bug fix patch? a 4.7-5.0 to shine it off?
Tanvaras wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 11:52
Gavrushka wrote:
<snipped>

Totally agree, Game is way to easy (understand its focus on bring in new people to the genre, but its to simple) making money within a handful of hours your got a few stations running and credits roll in fast. Xenon, Khaak and Pirate's are little to no threat. There really needs to be some "wow and fear factor. I love the X series, and do like what X4 is trying to do, but it needs some work to make it the game it can become.
It's a strange thing as Rebirth is harder to acquire vast sums of cash than in X3 where you could just fly to your nearest Stock Market, invest in a company when stocks are low and sell when they are high using SETA to fast forward the change in value, no threat of a company going bust and liquidating your investment. Easy money! Bought a massive fleet of Osaka's that way.
So Rebirth is Harderst to acquire money out of the 3 Titles. X4: Foundation takes a little longer than X3 TC+AP to get rich, but early game wealth? I have to agree.. Crystal Mining is incredibly profitable, if you can find the rare Burnite Crystals? Each one you farm is worth 250K, sitting in a minefield and waiting for Miners to destroy rocks, revealing Spacefly Eggs that you collect and craft 25 into Spacefly Caviar that's 1 million credits there.
I found X4 hard to begin with, but eventually, you understand how it works and how you can exploit it for cash.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 18:26

spankahontis wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 17:37
sitting in a minefield and waiting for Miners to destroy rocks, revealing Spacefly Eggs that you collect and craft 25 into Spacefly Caviar that's 1 million credits there...
No need to sit and wait:
Spoiler
Show
With scan mode on, find small orange outcroppings on the asteroids and shoot those: loot is popping outta them. No need to blow up the whole rock, and these things are quite easy to destroy. The only "problem" is that the container magnet repels loot extracted in such a way, instead of attracting it.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 19:48

The Love child sounds the way to go, would it be called Found-Birth, or Re-Dation, may be X-O-Wow.

I was thinking X4 was going to render down the previous games and take the best bits from them all . This child needs some one on one schooling, to get it through it’s difficult childhood ! May be a good hard smack might get it to behave ! Then this foundation could blossom, and become a beauty to enjoy.

Beauty, awe, wonderment, fear, intrigue, excitement. Not much so far ! Do the parents need to get back into bed, and have a second…….

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 02:30

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 18:26
spankahontis wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 17:37
sitting in a minefield and waiting for Miners to destroy rocks, revealing Spacefly Eggs that you collect and craft 25 into Spacefly Caviar that's 1 million credits there...
No need to sit and wait:
Spoiler
Show
With scan mode on, find small orange outcroppings on the asteroids and shoot those: loot is popping outta them. No need to blow up the whole rock, and these things are quite easy to destroy. The only "problem" is that the container magnet repels loot extracted in such a way, instead of attracting it.
I didn't know that, will have to try that out, so the Orange Patches work like the Crystals? you just shoot at them and it ejects Spacefly Eggs?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 07:27

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 02:30
I didn't know that, will have to try that out, so the Orange Patches work like the Crystals? you just shoot at them and it ejects Spacefly Eggs?
Eggs, lodestones, all the typical loot you find when mining. Sometimes small chunks of the asteroid material.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 11:36

radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 07:27
spankahontis wrote:
Eggs, lodestones, all the typical loot you find when mining. Sometimes small chunks of the asteroid material.
Well I gotta try that out.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 15:41

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 11:36
radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 07:27
spankahontis wrote:
Well I gotta try that out.
Yup, I learned something new in this thread. I saw those orange patches in scan mode, and never knew what they were there for...

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 17:43

Can someone post a pic of what is meant by the "orange patches" b/c what I think they are didn't result in anything when I shot at several last night (to the point of destroying the astroid).

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 19:51

sd_jasper wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 17:43
Can someone post a pic of what is meant by the "orange patches" b/c what I think they are didn't result in anything when I shot at several last night (to the point of destroying the astroid).
Eh? They are not hard to detect.

Just put on the short range scanner in an asteroid fieldy, search for a coloured rock, get close to it and shoot its coloured "mountains". These patches are generated when you activate the short range scanner mode and you can even abuse it by deactivating and reactivating the scanner, thus regenerating the patches.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 20:38

".. These patches are generated when you activate the short range scanner mode and you can even abuse it by deactivating and reactivating the scanner, .."
Well that's really intuitive and immersive; of course the average player would expect that to happen! :lol: It seems more like something for the spoilers forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 20:58

Nuuu! Ego should really think about storing the state of every single pebble in the universe! My savefiles are tiny, and my FPS is so high I can't keep up! ;)

Return to “X4: Foundations”