Are there still no drone controls...?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Are there still no drone controls...?

Post by LameFox » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 11:19

During a brief lapse in judgement I installed some defence drones on a ship, and now each time it enters combat my ship has to lounge around for 10 minutes to launch and retrieve drones over an enemy that died in the first 10 seconds of the "fight". And yet, despite having ignored them since the first attempt back near launch, it seems there's... still no control for these? No hotkey or any setting for their use that I can find? No way to tell them to just not bother for a few seconds?

Now I remember why I haven't used them since launch, but it's hard to believe they're still in this state.
***modified***

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Are there still no drone controls...?

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 11:27

Some form of control is supposed to come with 3.0. At this point we can only speculate on what's been shown in demos. There's supposed to be a new "arm" button next to each turret and drone type in the list, presumably enabling/disabling that turret or drone.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 11:38

Come to think of it, it was probably the turret changes forever ago that made me think it would work, on a personal ship. I guess I'll just let these ones die and try it again after the patch/dlc...
***modified***

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 14:41

Their only use for now is station defense. Best for gate keeping Outposts where you can mass them.

On ships only ever install repair and cargo drones imo.

Return to “X4: Foundations”