Should auto-roll delay during manual input?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Should auto-roll delay during manual input?

Post by LameFox » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 04:35

Am I alone in wishing this feature would leave off while mouse steering is active? I like having it on as it's useful to keep oriented, but since the keyboard input isn't constant like a joystick it's constantly fighting against manual flight and gets in the way of prioritizing pitch over yaw during combat. So whenever I get into combat in a small ship I'm toggling this thing off and on again in the settings menu, which is pretty tedious.

Or maybe some kind of delay after keyboard input? So at least you don't just press a roll key and immediately roll back the other way.

I seem to remember than in X3 my ship would only end up rolling to correct itself after I'd stopped directly controlling it, which normally meant after a fight ended. That seems somehow better for a feature that has no particular purpose in combat.
***modified***

graphicboy
xr

Re: Should auto-roll delay during manual input?

Post by graphicboy » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 00:28

LameFox wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 04:35
I agree. The X3 delay (IIRC) was far better than the immediate leveling effect we have now.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Should auto-roll delay during manual input?

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 01:28

auto-roll was the first feature I disabled when I got X4, and have never looked back.

Return to “X4: Foundations”