SpaceSuit Tools EMP Laser etc

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faley

SpaceSuit Tools EMP Laser etc

Post by Faley » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 01:04

I have read what I could find in the forum and manual and it says that you can change tools by using the 1-2-3-4 keys to switch between tools. I want to try using a spacesuit EMP to get some blueprints from station leaks. However How do you get the other tools recognized by the keys. The manual (?) says just to use the 1234 keys. Someone said you use the "N" key to assign the spacesuit. I can't find anywhere that it explains this. the 1-2-3-4 keys and the "N" key do nothing for me. Can someone please explain this and describe how it is done? I will be highly grateful. I am frustrated trying to get affordable blueprints and to get the space suit to work in the manner it says. I have read other responses to similar questions on this, but none actually explains exactly HOW you set up the keys with tools. Do you have to be in the spacesuit to do it? (actually, I tried that too, no dice for me.)
To address the obvious, yes, of course I have the othr tools at lease most of them. I have 19 Spacesuit EMP's the Hand Laser, and another one, I forget.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: SpaceSuit Tools EMP Laser etc

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 07:24

The 1, 2, 3, 4 keys are bound to weapon groups, just like for ships. When you are flying the space suit, look at the right side of the HUD. You'll see your tool icons. Pressing keys 1-3 switch the currently used tool. Bombs are on the same key, so to pick what type of bomb you want to launch, you need to open the "ship menu" (i.e. Enter key by default) and switch the ammunition, like you do for missiles when flying a ship.

Once you have the EMP selected, find a flat surface on the station and fire at it. The bomb will float and attach to the surface. After that, press the detonate button (by default it's the same as missile launch key, i.e. R), or IIRC you can click the bomb, open the context menu and choose "detonate".

grapedog
x4

Re: SpaceSuit Tools EMP Laser etc

Post by grapedog » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 10:27

if you look in my signature, i have a link to a guide for how to steal blueprints. It's got a screenshot of making sure you have the right "weapon" equipped, namely the spacesuit emp bomb. The weapons you can "equip" while in a space suit are the regular laser, the bomb launcher, and the repair laser.

Return to “X4: Foundations”