Scale Plate Pact

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rednoahl
x4

Scale Plate Pact

Post by Rednoahl » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 07:22

So I started my second game after I ruined my first by dicking about learning how to play and ended up with xenon everywhere. I figured I'd try the teladi start because I needed to learn what had changed with stations since the X3 games. I've had to give up on that idea - at least with the starting station due to xenon and scale plate pact activity.

The thing is I'm actively working for Scale plate pact but I am not seeing any any improvement in my relation with them. I've searched about on the internets but all the info I've found is rather old where devs have said that scale plate pact reputation is fixed to -5.
rboerdijk wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:19
Reputation with this (pirate) faction is locked at -5, this is intentional
Is Scale Plate Pact reputation still fixed to -5 as it appears to me?
If Scale Plate Pact reputation is still fixed to -5, WHY?

If it is still true then fantastic, aside from wasting a load of time trying to improve my reputation with them I've got a lot of ships I can steal without impacting anything important - in the past this would have been viewed as an exploit.

LameFox
x4

Re: Scale Plate Pact

Post by LameFox » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 08:07

It's still locked there. I assume the idea is that they're not a traditional faction where you've got a reputation with all of them but a loose collection of pirates who don't really have allies or enemies on a broad scale. Since for some reason the game doesn't really have independent ships in it, outside of venture ships, and even those technically have their own microscopic faction.
***modified***

AquilaRossa
x4

Post by AquilaRossa » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 12:59

ALI is the other faction I find it impossible to boost rep with. I wonder if with SCA you have to do those 'get access to unsanctioned trade offers" missions instead of having a trade license like the main factions?

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 19:18

AquilaRossa wrote:
Thu, 19. Sep 19, 12:59
ALI is the other faction I find it impossible to boost rep with. I wonder if with SCA you have to do those 'get access to unsanctioned trade offers" missions instead of having a trade license like the main factions?
The best way to gain ALI rep is to keep checking their stations for missions, If you're lucky you will get a station build mission. W/E station they want you to build, add several refined metal production facilities and L solid storage containers to it. Once the station is built it will switch to ALI and have a massive buy order for ore. Then assign a few miners to the area and the rep will slowly rise and you'll make extra moolah as well.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 00:01

this explains a lot, glad I found out before putting too much time into SCA rep

Are there any races/factions that would be unhappy if player attacks SCA ships/assets in their sectors?
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 05:21

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Sat, 21. Sep 19, 00:01
this explains a lot, glad I found out before putting too much time into SCA rep

Are there any races/factions that would be unhappy if player attacks SCA ships/assets in their sectors?
I think Teladi and Hatikvah at least are neutral to them. And attacking even revealed pirate ships is somewhat buggy. That said, they operate minotaur raiders and destroyers in a couple of unowned systems. Basically free ships.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations”