Best Position for a Mega-Drug-Factory?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vondor
x4

Best Position for a Mega-Drug-Factory?

Post by Vondor » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 14:36

Hey,
I already have 2 Megafactorys worth ~500m. So its not about Money, its about _having_ a Drug-Factory producing every Drug that exists in that Galaxy. With a Buildingprice of 35m, its also nothing. But currently I am asking myself, where should I build it. It does not have to make any Money. But still it would be nice if Traders would buy something there and it wont be just a hedonistic holiday resort.

Currently I am thinking of 2 Positions. I could build it near the HQ. Then every PS and TS is in a 5 Jump reach. But there is no Highway in reach. It could take endless until somebody buys something. Also, I dont know if traders will fly so long ways.

The other position I am thinking of would be in Haktikva. The Factory should be legal there. There is a Highway for fast Transport. But in that System are currently also 5 Xenon I and K. I am pretty sure I am not ready to fight them. They are just waiting at the Jumpgate... but still not very Trustworthy.

But maybe anybody else found a good Position for a Drug Mega Factory?

PS.: I dont want Traders to sell that Stuff because I dont want to loose reputation.

Greets

Thecrippler

Re: Best Position for a Mega-Drug-Factory?

Post by Thecrippler » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 15:34

Vondor wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 14:36
Hey,
I already have 2 Megafactorys worth ~500m. So its not about Money, its about _having_ a Drug-Factory producing every Drug that exists in that Galaxy. With a Buildingprice of 35m, its also nothing. But currently I am asking myself, where should I build it. It does not have to make any Money. But still it would be nice if Traders would buy something there and it wont be just a hedonistic holiday resort.

Currently I am thinking of 2 Positions. I could build it near the HQ. Then every PS and TS is in a 5 Jump reach. But there is no Highway in reach. It could take endless until somebody buys something. Also, I dont know if traders will fly so long ways.

The other position I am thinking of would be in Haktikva. The Factory should be legal there. There is a Highway for fast Transport. But in that System are currently also 5 Xenon I and K. I am pretty sure I am not ready to fight them. They are just waiting at the Jumpgate... but still not very Trustworthy.

But maybe anybody else found a good Position for a Drug Mega Factory?

PS.: I dont want Traders to sell that Stuff because I dont want to loose reputation.

Greets
ATM i recommend Neutral sector i now there is not plenty of them in alpha stage game but when 3.0 hits we will have more option for neutral sectors (i hope in 3.0 the sector will be apart from each other specially for faction) i hope so it is up to you wait till 3.0 or go for one off the neutral sectors personally i rather wait for 3.0 but the choice is yours

Vondor
x4

Post by Vondor » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 16:26

Thecrippler wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 15:34
ATM i recommend Neutral sector i now there is not plenty of them in alpha stage game but when 3.0 hits we will have more option for neutral sectors (i hope in 3.0 the sector will be apart from each other specially for faction) i hope so it is up to you wait till 3.0 or go for one off the neutral sectors personally i rather wait for 3.0 but the choice is yours
Neutral sectors can be claimed. By either other factions as also the player itself. And both is already possible. Wouldn`t it make already sense to claim a Sector right now? At least as long you are not at war with an enemy faction yourself.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 15:25

Build 2
Silent Witness XI
Nopileos' Fortune II

SW puts you in range of ARG/MIN/TEL/HAT factions
NF puts you in range of MIN/HOP/PAR factions

ANT/SCA will come to you for desires wares

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 4. Oct 19, 00:57

In 2.60 auto traders appear to only sell drugs where they are legal. Hence for best player trader traffic placing them near TEL space is recommended as all drugs are legal in TEL Space.

If you just want SCA to buy the drugs then Nopileos' Fortune VI is the best, smack bang in the middle of the 3 gates.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 4. Oct 19, 07:08

Nopileos Fortune is literally the best place to build anything. This sector was made specifically to house the player's entire economical structure and empire. Shipyward/wharf? Nopileos fortune. Every factory needed to self sustain your own shipyard/wharf? Nopileos fortune. Want to conquer the galaxy and don't know where to start? Nopileos fortune. Put every factory you ever build in there, no matter what it is.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 14:43

At least now the NPCs actually trade with these stations. Having to manually trade was a pain - and also not realising that this was an issue when I could finally afford my first station.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 19:54

CaptainRAVE wrote:
Sat, 5. Oct 19, 14:43
At least now the NPCs actually trade with these stations. Having to manually trade was a pain - and also not realising that this was an issue when I could finally afford my first station.
I have never had issues with SCA buying the products from such stations...

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 20:39

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 5. Oct 19, 19:54
CaptainRAVE wrote:
Sat, 5. Oct 19, 14:43
I have never had issues with SCA buying the products from such stations...
It was really hit and miss on release. No one would touch mine. Their pretty active now. At least the fuel is anyway.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 00:18

CaptainRAVE wrote:
Sat, 5. Oct 19, 20:39
It was really hit and miss on release. No one would touch mine. Their pretty active now. At least the fuel is anyway.
Yeh on release it probably was an issue. NPC trade was bad in general. However I am talking about 2.50 vs 2.60. From what I can tell if anything 2.60 makes the NPCs buy illegals less frequently from your stations than in 2.50 but this is likely because the SCA NPC stations produce more.

Vondor
x4

Post by Vondor » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 12:14

I build it in Nopileos Fortune and it makes a decent income of about 10m an hour. Thats not much and only peanuts. But I new that from the beginning. And for the price of ~60m (with ships) it is abolutly okay.

AquilaRossa
x4

Post by AquilaRossa » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 14:36

Moonshining and selling weed etc is not the X money spinner it once was. It does make money but it's peanuts compared to setting up a military industrial complex to supply wharves and shipyards.

I have a complex called All The Naughyt Stuff in Nop II. It does okay. I gave it 30 Tethys ships for traders hoping they will get busted less often due to being pretty quick for a freighter. Not that getting busted gets me in much trouble.

Vondor
x4

Post by Vondor » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 16:48

Yeah, if I remember right than in old X Parts every Station consumed Drugs. They just didnt need it to work, but bought it.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 22:16

AquilaRossa wrote:
Sun, 6. Oct 19, 14:36
have a complex called All The Naughyt Stuff in Nop II. It does okay. I gave it 30 Tethys ships for traders hoping they will get busted less often due to being pretty quick for a freighter. Not that getting busted gets me in much trouble.
There is a 10% chance when they trade the goods (docked, transferring wares) to get busted. This is how most such trades are busted, not because they were physically scanned by police.

2.60 fixes this to some extent in that your traders will no longer try to sell illegal wares. This will however affect your profits as you will lose a lot of the market area to sell at.
Vondor wrote:
Sun, 6. Oct 19, 16:48
Yeah, if I remember right than in old X Parts every Station consumed Drugs. They just didnt need it to work, but bought it.
I do not think this is how X3 worked. It was my understanding that a select few stations brought drugs but they despawned them pretty fast. One usually wanted passive trading of them anyway and mostly for rep with some of the more shady factions.

In XR drugs were part of the economy. One could trade all drugs legally with the right licences.

Vondor
x4

Post by Vondor » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 23:44

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 6. Oct 19, 22:16
In XR drugs were part of the economy. One could trade all drugs legally with the right licences.
Ah yeah. You are right. I mixed it up with XR. There they always consumed it.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 16:04

I built mine at Hatikvahs choice.
Just... another... bug.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 18:36

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Fri, 4. Oct 19, 07:08
Nopileos Fortune is literally the best place to build anything. This sector was made specifically to house the player's entire economical structure and empire. Shipyward/wharf? Nopileos fortune. Every factory needed to self sustain your own shipyard/wharf? Nopileos fortune. Want to conquer the galaxy and don't know where to start? Nopileos fortune. Put every factory you ever build in there, no matter what it is.
I'm sorry for shattering your dreams, but Nopileos is not fully perfect. It miss one gas resorce (methane I think) as my gas miners had to go to Grand Exchange to obtain missing resource.
Well it's still damn near perfection, just not total perfection.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 03:33

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 18:36
Karmaticdamage wrote:
I'm sorry for shattering your dreams, but Nopileos is not fully perfect. It miss one gas resorce (methane I think) as my gas miners had to go to Grand Exchange to obtain missing resource.
Name one system that is better for the player to setup their empire in. Nopileos Fortune is X4's Avarice.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 09:15

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 03:33
mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 18:36
Karmaticdamage wrote:
Name one system that is better for the player to setup their empire in. Nopileos Fortune is X4's Avarice.
Which one? Sector II or VI?

Roca Dransal
x4

Post by Roca Dransal » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 12:33

For a drug factory you have to build more complexes so look spacefuel is allowed at telari and paranid so you can build it in trinity or other sectors in the south east map.
Majadusk is allowed at argone and telari so you can build it in the west map.
Spaceweed is only allowed at telari so build it only in the east map.
I hope its helped.
Ich bin kein Suchti .... ährlisch :gruebel:

Return to “X4: Foundations”