Assigning freighters as subordinates to resupply ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Assigning freighters as subordinates to resupply ships

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 16:05

It would be great if we could assign freighters to the resupply ships, with a command to go fetch supplies for them. I can assign them as a subordinate to them to "defend", but that's not really what I'm looking for, ya know?

tnorgate
x4

Re: Assigning freighters as subordinates to resupply ships

Post by tnorgate » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 18:52

I have auxiliary vessels to supply fleets but they don't seem able to restock missiles or carry out ship repairs. Has anyone achieved this or is it a software problem?

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 19:29

I just started toying around with the Aux Ships and they didn't seem able to do automatic resupply.(in vanilla 2.5)
Been trying based on wiki but no luck.
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... icresupply:

I am dissappointed like with the new resupply concept since there is no such things as "Weapons Trader"(X3) anymore in the universe which was an awesome target for pirating.
Relaying munitions/Items isn't even possible using ware transfers. Trading modules are only in mod? Small ships can't be used as "Buy ware" for the commander. S can't transfer wares to L.
M transfers to CV can't be done on multi Queues.

It was much simpler with the buy/sell function looped back to basics.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 19:53

Please confirm the experience with 2.60 beta remains the same. A lot of changes are coming regarding resupply and overall NPC trading volume.

Harryg

Post by Harryg » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 14:29

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 19:53
Please confirm the experience with 2.60 beta remains the same. A lot of changes are coming regarding resupply and overall NPC trading volume.
I'm on 2.6 beta and i cant get my aux ship to supply missiles either, i've tried every which way. It seems that if it's not a ware it would use itself it won't supply it either!

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 19:45

Harryg wrote:
Mon, 14. Oct 19, 14:29
I'm on 2.6 beta and i cant get my aux ship to supply missiles either, i've tried every which way. It seems that if it's not a ware it would use itself it won't supply it either!
Do you own all blueprints? It might be related to the old bug where by player owned refit facilities could only refit ships if the player owned all the blueprints needed to build at least 1 ship which could use items one wanted to refit.

Return to “X4: Foundations”