Defence ships not docking

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Defence ships not docking

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 23:40

Is there a command/role/setting to have ships set to defend their carrier to stay docked on it or does a carrier not actually "carry" it's subordinates?

In X3 (I'll try not to compare X3/X4 too often!) the fighters would dock at their carrier and automatically launch if it was attacked or they were ordered to fight but in X4 all I'm seeing is all subordinates flying in formation with the wing leader (the carrier).

My reasoning isn't actually for a military carrier (yet) but for defence of freighters, I'd like some fighters to remain docked just in case. Hopefully I'm just missing some config or command.

I'm not interested in defence drones as their logic is a bit trigger happy i.e. they launch and attack any hostile ship whether it's a threat or not and I'm constantly recalling subordinates!

Cheers
Marv
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

ajime
x4

Re: Defence ships not docking

Post by ajime » Fri, 4. Oct 19, 16:29

By default they will dock on the carrier, only if the carrier is the leader.

CV
-Fighter1
-Fighter2
-Fighter3
All 3 fighter above will dock by default

CV
-Fighter1 lead
-Fighter2
-Fighter3
Fighter 1 will dock, Ft2, Ft3 will not.

You are right, in X3 whole wing will dock with CV if you just order the Fighter lead to go in.

There could be a possibility it is stuck in queue, but rarely nowadays. on an unrelated note, even a blown up docks can still handle docking. Just watch your step.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... 0526964411

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 02:48

ajime wrote:
Fri, 4. Oct 19, 16:29
By default they will dock on the carrier, only if the carrier is the leader.

CV
-Fighter1
-Fighter2
-Fighter3
All 3 fighter above will dock by default

CV
-Fighter1 lead
-Fighter2
-Fighter3
Fighter 1 will dock, Ft2, Ft3 will not.

You are right, in X3 whole wing will dock with CV if you just order the Fighter lead to go in.

There could be a possibility it is stuck in queue, but rarely nowadays. on an unrelated note, even a blown up docks can still handle docking. Just watch your step.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... 0526964411
Yeah, the fighter subordinates are not just stuck in the queue. You could wait till the end of time (or until Egosoft patches it, whichever comes first), and they will stubbornly refuse to automatically dock while the wing leader is docked.

labj
x4

Post by labj » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 05:25

There is a bit of a work around but you have to manually force it, if you ctrl click all members of the wing and tell them to dock at your location (again you have to be on the carrier, manual pain in the ass but it works) they will all load in

Return to “X4: Foundations”