Dear @egosoft About X4 so far, a bit about 2.6 Beta and my hopes for X4 3.0 &DLC

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mancko
x3

Dear @egosoft About X4 so far, a bit about 2.6 Beta and my hopes for X4 3.0 &DLC

Post by mancko » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 17:59

Hi,

I bought my second PC for X2, when X2 was in a childish Magazine called “PC Games” with a DVD included. My first PC was the one from my mother and could not handle X2. So when we needed a new one, all I cared about, was that this "X2 space Game" I had from that magazine can work on the new PC^^

Many years later the same happened with X4, GPU and CPU where Ok but for a new X Game, I wanted only the best - so I spend 2k€ for a new PC. But in different to X2 – it doesn’t was worth it. (well I am happy with the PC^^ now I can play everything. I just wish I would WANT to play X4 instead)

With X2, I was soooooo hocked up!!! :mrgreen:
OMG so AWESOME! The Computervoice telling story about races, about the ships. That cool voice, reading the ship- , station- , weapons- and even the goods- Information out lout! So cool! A whole world to discover... Fighting, trading, specializing and tuning your fav ship, building fleets and stations! So nice!

I never really finished the storyline, I was hooked up by the whole vivid universe – not by the storyline. So X was always kind of Sandbox wasnt it?

I`m not angry because X3, XR or X4 where so buggy at the beginning... I am angry because I can't recognize the “X” in X4.

No storyquests / but also no storyline?:

Well I guess it is ok, for most of us, not to have storyquests. But I feel lost with the situation at gamestart and even when playing for hours and getting bit boring. Who is in war with who?! Races are a kind of split in two parties now? NICE IDEA!!! Really nice! Lets give the religious Paranids a split in some catholic kind and a lutherishkind or something like that! NICE!
But why don't you tell me why!? What happend?! How is the actual political situation between them? How between Arg and ANT and Par, or X and Y?.... I don’t even need storyquests or something complex to be implemented. There has to be a cheap way of letting the player these things know.

IT IS OK not to make a queststoryline! But it's not OK to bring out a X game, without any story information and backgrounds at all! And i don’t care if here and there are some information about the story hidden in the game! That’s not enough! I also don't care if XRs end gives some information for X4! I want a vivid universe! A X Universe! Where I feel good or bad for a faction! Where I can feel home. Where I have a fav sector or area...

If I never had played an X game before, I would dump X4. What a crazy and lonely game start… Why making war to PAR? As a noob I wouldn’t know them and X4 doesn’t let noobs get to know them later either. But I still would prefer to be a X noob! So I could spend 1000 hours playing X,X2 and X3 again without knowing them already <3

All that ****** Sandboxtalk about X4 makes me angry! ... Ok, I admit, I would of have preferred a storylined X4, but a sandbox is also fine BUT PLEASE! give the sandbox a soul!!!!! I think you call it sandbox because you don’t want to admit, that you ****** X4 up. X3 was already kind of sandbox like…no one really spend a lot of time with the story, but it was nice to have some story WHILE played X3 as sandbox! X was always open to make anything! So stop calling X4 sandbox and pretend X3 wasn't really a sandbox game!
You have to bring more life and color into X4! I cant have fun in a sandbox universe with no life in it! A sandbox game doesn't have to be cold and empty! DO YOUR JOB AND FILL THE GAME!

X Game Feeling:
So long after the release there is still no full Ingame wiki... that is just NOT OK! It is not a huge work to write some lines! It wouldn’t even have to be good! But every time I enter the wiki to read what is needed to produce EZs or microships ... THERE IS NOTHING!!!! Holy crap! just copy & paste the X3 stuff into it that would be better than this nothing!!! Every time I enter the Wiki and see an empty description I feel like playing an early access game!
Month after release….THAT’S NOT OK! NOT EVEN FOR X STANDARTS!^^

Also sad, no PC voice. That voice telling information about the X universe was really nice. I understand if you saved the effort and money of that, for other features, but please!!! At least let us read the information and descriptions by us self then!!! Fill the bloody ingamewiki! With story and live! And make this bugged, trade sim a bit more vivid!

The whole universe feels so cold and therefor gets boring very fast! No storyline at all? -> would be partially ok, if you at least would fill a "new game start" with a short video seq. telling what happened, what is going on, where are crisis etc. Or make a text based intro. We all can read, and no child will ever play X4 at all^^ so self-reading something that motivates add game start would be ok as well… Every time I start a new game I have to laugh when seeing this complete useless intro of a ship flying around^^

Then that strange music thing?! Still not fixed! Or is it a bug at all? I don’t know... I only know, that the music mods don’t seem to help me... Still a cold music for a cold universe!
Do you guys remember the emotion when entering a boron Sector in X2 and X3 and hearing that music? That music to a bright different sector that where you was before?... wasn’t that beautiful? In X4 everywhere is the same cold heartless feeling.

Economy:

Well I never was that “Pro X gamer” with 100 of stations everywhere in the universe. So I admit I don’t understand much of the economy and god module stuff in X Games, but I have never had LESS fun with trading in an X game before! Even now with the 2,6 beta the eco still seems broken... nearly every good is full everywhere and even if not... It doesn't really matter, because the only profitable goods are Illegal goods and microchips. Doesn't matter how often I start a new game, or in which version I am playing....
Hundreds of hours of trading … just microchips from A to B be a fleet of ships. wow... Thats fun! :(

Maybe thats how it is supposed to be, and microchips are just the best goods? (Again: I never was an expert in X economy) but it just feels wrong and boring to trade microchips all the time to finance station building, ships and so on. Where is the THINK in Trade??
(PS: I really like the station building in X4 – good job)

SO PLEASE for 3.0 and DLC!!!
Please!!!! keep working at the economy....
AND PLEASE!!!! Please not just enter some storyquests with 3.0 and the DLC and stop then! FILL THE UNIVERSE WITH INFORMATION! Add some details to a new game start, so that even X Noobs understands where there ship is, what is going on in the universe so that even X noob feel motivated to explore your “sandbox” universe.... Underline the gameexperience with live and information about the things you can do in X4!
As a X noob, I wouldn't really know what to do in X4... You talk about sandbox with loads of possibilities!? WHAT A JOKE THAT IS xD What are those possibilities good for, if I don’t have fun to do them?! It is useless to make a war or become a monopolist, because I don’t feel with or for the other parties or the universe at all… Without fun or motivation to do anything in your cold and empty universe your sandboxargument is obsolete.

And for god’s sake! Holy Crap! Fill the ****** wiki - it looks like a bloody early access game!

Vondor
x4

Re: Dear @egosoft About X4 so far, a bit about 2.6 Beta and my hopes for X4 3.0 &DLC

Post by Vondor » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 18:13

Yeah, they somehow sometimes forget that a story would be nice. There are parts where X games have one, like X2 ans X games where it got somehow lost like in X3 Albion Prelude.

I think they were sometimes making a dark souls story... Its there... if you find it. And use your imagination.
But I think what you mean. I liked the Story of the first X. With X2 I also got hooked. In X4 there are cutscenes you can find. You just have to search for them and then you find them in your timeline.
But I didnt found even one.

But the economy is working.... I am making about 300k an hour.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Dear @egosoft About X4 so far, a bit about 2.6 Beta and my hopes for X4 3.0 &DLC

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 18:31

holy vision, gate to fault logic there is a data vault that you can start with
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 18:42

I think the economy is working great with 2.6, I would rather they not spend more time improving the economy at this point.

Here is what I think their priorities should be:
-Ship and fleet control improvements, along with combat improvements
-Drone control improvements
-Research improvements
-Ways to influence diplomacy between factions
-Weapons fire and ship/station explosion improvements
-More storyline, fill out encyclopedia entries

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 19:35

Vondor wrote:
Sun, 6. Oct 19, 18:13
Yeah, they somehow sometimes forget that a story would be nice.
Originally there was supposed to be mini-plots for each gamestart that would kickstart the player. Guess they did not have the required resources to complete those on release.

Vondor
x4

Post by Vondor » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 19:47

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 6. Oct 19, 18:31
holy vision, gate to fault logic there is a data vault that you can start with
Wow, nice thanks!
repatomonor wrote:
Sun, 6. Oct 19, 19:35
Originally there was supposed to be mini-plots for each gamestart that would kickstart the player. Guess they did not have the required resources to complete those on release.
I am pretty sure that Rebirth was financially critical. I am happy that they still exist and can create more X Games.
But I dont know how the numbers of employes changed at egosoft. I only know the current number.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 21:02

I don’t want the economy to be optimised anymore. As long as it ticks along and production doesn’t completely grind to a halt. I want some of those opportunities myself.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 22:58

I think you make very good points/reminders, although like some others I have had a well working economy in 2.6. Thanks for pointing out the importance of the *soul*, purpose, etc. of the game. These are absolutely critical and don't need to be huge efforts.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Return to “X4: Foundations”