What is this? Mission wants "Piercer (Damage MOD - Basic Quality

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faley

What is this? Mission wants "Piercer (Damage MOD - Basic Quality

Post by Faley » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 00:01

I have a mission to build a fleet of five ships. for 3 of them it says this:

3 X Cerberus Vanguard Piercer (Damage MOD - Basic Quality)

What does that mean?
Thanks in advance.

DavidGW
x4

Re: What is this? Mission wants "Piercer (Damage MOD - Basic Quality

Post by DavidGW » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 00:51

It's asking for ships with modified weapons.

Buy or build the ships, then go to the wharf ship trader. Near them will be a console where you can use mod pieces you have likely picked up in your travels to roll different bonuses (and debuffs) on your docked ships.

One of these mods for weapons is called 'piercer'. As stated, it is a basic mod, which are quite cheap. I am unsure if you only need one modded weapon per ship, but I'd try that first.

When you've done that, you'll realise that you can actually improve a ship's stats quite significantly if you are willing to throw tens of millions of credits re-rolling modifications on a ship, and that it's definitely worth investing in modding your personal flagship.

Mod parts can mostly be found by collecting drops from destroyed ships, or from Ventures.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: What is this? Mission wants "Piercer (Damage MOD - Basic Quality

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 03:36

To install mods to ship elements one first must research the ability to do so. This requires completing the player HQ story.

Return to “X4: Foundations”