Crew from player owned equipment dock?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mavo Pi
x4

Crew from player owned equipment dock?

Post by Mavo Pi » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 21:18

I just build my first player owned equipment dock and I thought I should be able to hire crew from there if I have some workforce on the station. When I go into the equipment menu I can decrease the number of crewman but not hire new crew from my station. So what am I doing wrong? Can I only hire crew from NPC stations? I wanted to become completely independent from the other races in the long run.

Pesanur
x4

Re: Crew from player owned equipment dock?

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 22:11

You cannot hire crewmen in the equipment docks, only is possible in the wharf's and the shipyards. This apply to both, player owned ED's and NPC owned ones

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 00:40

I thought I just hired crew from a Eq Dock in 2.6 beta 4... I'd need to check to be certain.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 01:37

I had the same issue. Eventually I could hire crew after some time and reloading for some reason. This was many months ago back when they were first added.

Check if owning at least 1 ship blueprint does not help. There used to be a bug that one could only order stuff that one had ship blueprints that could use it. This should have been fixed, but maybe was not completely fixed.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 02:21

Mavo Pi wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 21:18
I just build my first player owned equipment dock and I thought I should be able to hire crew from there if I have some workforce on the station. When I go into the equipment menu I can decrease the number of crewman but not hire new crew from my station. So what am I doing wrong? Can I only hire crew from NPC stations? I wanted to become completely independent from the other races in the long run.
Do you have a habitation modules as part of the equipment dock? Without one, you won't be able to add new crew.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 02:39

thats not true, you dont need habitat at least on wharf or shipyards I could add crew without any habitats
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 02:44

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 02:39
thats not true, you dont need habitat at least on wharf or shipyards I could add crew without any habitats
Check those ships that come out. You may have given them orders to have crew, but look at their actual crew number. My guess is they will have a pilot, and that's it.

Mavo Pi
x4

Post by Mavo Pi » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 18:03

I am on the beta branch and I have got two habitat modules. I am going to try if buying the ship blueprint I want to add the crew to helps.
Edit: That worked. Seems like you need the blueprint of the ship.
Edit2: Just noticed for the ship I tried first I also own the blueprint.
Last edited by Mavo Pi on Tue, 8. Oct 19, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 20:13

Mavo Pi wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 18:03
Please report it as a bug in the beta forum.

Mavo Pi
x4

Post by Mavo Pi » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 20:36

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 20:13
Mavo Pi wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 18:03
Please report it as a bug in the beta forum.
I did another test and noticed for the first ship I already owned the blueprint. Perhaps it takes some time until the station detects the habitat modules.

Return to “X4: Foundations”