3.0 Update need to be a miracle patch

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Warnoise

3.0 Update need to be a miracle patch

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 03:44

While the 2.6 patch is a step towards the right direction, the game is still far from being "complete". I was just checking the reviews on steam and man things are looking grim. DLC of a game that is 2% away from "Mostly negative" hell tend not to sell well. All the hopes are on Patch 3.0. This patch is so important for the devs, modders and for the players as well.

There are so many things that need to be added, fixed, reworked, etc...and a majority of them they should be done in patch 3.0 imo. Patch 2.6 gave me a little bit of hope that finally the game is going to the right direction, but man...3.0 must bring miracles to save this game.

We are 2 months away from the answer I guess.

tomchk
x4

Re: 3.0 Update need to be a miracle patch

Post by tomchk » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 04:14

I'm also concerned, but at least the player base on Steam was a decent size, similar to XR. They did say XR was a financial success, I recall, despite all the issues it had until 3.0 or 4.0. I'm assuming they spent less on X4 with a smaller team and self-publishing, so hopefully they are doing well enough financially to keep filling in the holes in this impressive simulation-in-progress!

I don't think they need a miracle exactly, but we have seen many hints that it will be a huge deal (much more so than 1.5-2.5). I have faith that these people can make X4 incredible.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 11:42

tomchk wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 04:14
I'm also concerned, but at least the player base on Steam was a decent size, similar to XR. They did say XR was a financial success, I recall, despite all the issues it had until 3.0 or 4.0. I'm assuming they spent less on X4 with a smaller team and self-publishing, so hopefully they are doing well enough financially to keep filling in the holes in this impressive simulation-in-progress!

I don't think they need a miracle exactly, but we have seen many hints that it will be a huge deal (much more so than 1.5-2.5). I have faith that these people can make X4 incredible.
The problem with XR was that it was off the back of successful games, looked absolutely stunning for the first few hours, then you realised there was in fact no functioning game by which time it was too late to get a refund. X4 needed to be fantastic right from the get go - I loved it, but I can see why lots of people didn’t. A lot of those negative reviews are also difficult to turn around as a lot of people just wont look at the game again. Personally I can’t wait for the dlc.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 11:51

Im just waiting for a story campaign plot before i properly start x4. Sure they said there wasnt one at first but bernd said he would like to get one in at some point so fingers crossed for 3.0 to have it in. If not i guess more waiting till 4.0 or 5.0 next year when the 2nd dlc comes which im guessing will again come with a major patch like 3.0 will have.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 13:55

There's something really strange about some X gamers. You've people who carry on posting and playing the game while marking it as 'would not recommend' on platforms such as Steam and GOG. - I've played a few games that really stunk over the years, but I tended to stop playing them and find some other way to enjoy my very finite leisure hours. I'm sure it's my naivety speaking, but I don't understand the thought process of those 'suffering' a game. I've an image of them wailing in despair, tears cascading down their cheeks, as they tap away at their joypad. - I know some could use the narrative 'I'm doing it for the good of the game,' but I've never been quite that altruistic!

3.0 isn't going to be a miracle, but I'm sure it's going to be a step forwards. I'm thoroughly enjoying playing it with the 2.6 beta patch, but if I stop enjoying it, I'll probably indulge myself in one grumpy post and then go play something different.

But then again, as I said, I'm just not quite so noble as others when it comes to gaming. :P
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 15:25

Gavrushka wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 13:55
There's something really strange about some X gamers. You've people who carry on posting and playing the game while marking it as 'would not recommend' on platforms such as Steam and GOG.
This is so true. Many of them having played hundreds of hours too. I count that as a good purchase personally.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 15:55

We need a new ship class between M and L. and a new XXL ship class.
Just... another... bug.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 17:05

3.0 won't be miracle, but will be decent.
If you expect miracle turn in 3.0 then abandon the hope, as what you expect (game that could be considered final) will be around 6.0 or 7.0 and with 3 DLC (DLC1 Split, DLC2 Terran and DLC3 Boron).
At current, decent pace of X4 updates, we should be there in about 2+ years (if they need about 1 year for each DLC).

XR was supported/updated for even longer (and turned from horrible to decent), so I have confidence we will get there eventually.
We just need to wait.
Egosoft has long track record of long time support for their products, unlile most of modern day AAA developers that abandon their game in less than year (Anthem, Call of Duty, Ubi-trash).

Derp

Post by Derp » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 17:11

Gavrushka wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 13:55
There's something really strange about some X gamers.
It isn't strange at all. They're grognards. It's just what they do. Fact is it doesn't matter what 3.0 brings, they'll still find something to complain about as being just the worst thing ever. Right up until Egosoft makes X5, when they'll long for these halcyon days.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 17:49

Have to admit tho ego have been really strange in their last few games, with alot of cut content vs previous games. Its understandable some fans are weary.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 18:22

Skeeter wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 17:49
Have to admit tho ego have been really strange in their last few games, with alot of cut content vs previous games. Its understandable some fans are weary.
Compare X4 ship models and mechanic vs X3 and X2 (combined).
X4 ships take more time than X2 + X3 + all X3 expansion combined. Walkable interiors and station landing really add a lot of work.
That also answer why there is not so many X4 ship mods yet (you can see this with Star Wars mod - X3 version progressed really fast with hudnreds of ships, while X4 version has like a new ship or two per month).

...plus I think Egosoft short on manpowers in 3D modeling department ever since X-Rebirth.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 19:20

I don't think it needs to be a miracle. The thing X4 really needs is to get its core gameplay systems sorted out (IS/OOS combat issues being one of the biggest problems).

Similar to previous X games I think mods are eventually going to be what could make the game live up to its true potential, but right now parts of the game are still too fundamentally broken for that.

Fazmaster
x4

Post by Fazmaster » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 19:38

Derp wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 17:11
Fact is it doesn't matter what 3.0 brings, they'll still find something to complain about as being just the worst thing ever. Right up until Egosoft makes X5, when they'll long for these halcyon days.

Sure, along with the statement that they're X-Fans since ever and again unsucessfully promised themself to never buy an Egosoft title at launch. :rant:
Warnoise wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 03:44
While the 2.6 patch is a step towards the right direction, the game is still far from being "complete". I was just checking the reviews on steam and man things are looking grim. DLC of a game that is 2% away from "Mostly negative" hell tend not to sell well.
Considering 3.0 will be a good step forward (and it high likely will be) I don't see it's looking so grim. The game is 5% away from "mostly positive". It might turn around to blue quickly.

P.S.: Who likes the idea to see a release of 3.0 on Nov 30th? :roll:

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 22:17

Fazmaster wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 19:38
P.S.: Who likes the idea to see a release of 3.0 on Nov 30th? :roll:
Assuming you mean non-beta release, then that'd be awesome! I hope the first beta is late October, perhaps soon after 2.6 goes non-beta.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Return to “X4: Foundations”