Random Trading !

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Random Trading !

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 05:05

Random Trading !

I do hope update 3 has the ship trading for a station’s sorted,

My one ship assigned to a station so it can go and get water, ( I hope ) just wants to first go and buy 4 energy cells from elsewhere, then go and sell 4 cells . ( 4 cells ) really.

I want it to go and get water and thats all, my station makes its own ^&*( energy cells …

The trading interface is so awkward, confusing, and inept. I have no control over what the ship is doing for the station. It’s now zooming of to sell Space-fuel, so probably going to get held up and destroyed.

I don't want it to sell, any thing, I just want it to go and get water for the station and thats all..

Is this too much to ask!!!!

Falcrack
x4

Re: Random Trading !

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 05:37

2.6 b4 has the ability to set levels at which the station will buy and sell certain materials. It will also display the production and consumption per hour. So in the case of energy cells, you can manually set it not to buy e-cells until the amount of e-cells in the station falls below the threshold you set. You can set the level at which it will start selling e-cells as well. You can set it so that it doesn't buy or sell e-cells at all if you want.

The logical overview for the station has some powerful tools now for controlling what your station traders will buy and sell, what price you want set, and threshold levels for buying and selling.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 03:48

The current trade script of beta 2.6 can handle a well designed station in good conditions, but a good script can handle a really stupidly designed station with close to no cash and too less freighter to handle all possible trades and still outputs much money.
designing a bad station:
10 claytronics
1 (yes one) microchip
4 water
8 solar power
3 mixed food
1 quantum tube
1 antimatter cell
5milion cash 4M transporters
some mixed habitats
a human would try to keep the claytronics running and the habitats supplied and would ignore the other productions most of the time.
The script sees quantum tubes antimatter cells and microchip only as intermediate wares, so low priority.
If it's buying wares this will likely be resources for the food productions.
If it's selling wares it will likely sell water and energy.
I wrote an update that keep such situations in mind.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Roca Dransal
x4

Post by Roca Dransal » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 12:05

But the tradelevels have one big problem example:
you have a factory without energycell production and have to buy that.

Step 1:
You give the order to buy til 10.000 EA Energycells now the station will buy that.

Step 2:
The station reach the maximum energycells from 10.000 EA

Step 3:
The energycells are in use so your store have example 99900 and your station give the order to buy til 10.000 EA is filled.

You need two points a minimum and a maximum and the logic have to be :
if energycell < minimum than buy to maximum

simple .... :mrgreen:
Ich bin kein Suchti .... ährlisch :gruebel:

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 15:42

Roca Dransal wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 12:05
But the tradelevels have one big problem example:
you have a factory without energycell production and have to buy that.

Step 1:
You give the order to buy til 10.000 EA Energycells now the station will buy that.

Step 2:
The station reach the maximum energycells from 10.000 EA

Step 3:
The energycells are in use so your store have example 99900 and your station give the order to buy til 10.000 EA is filled.

You need two points a minimum and a maximum and the logic have to be :
if energycell < minimum than buy to maximum

simple .... :mrgreen:
Yeah that's a good point. If they are just barely below the threshold for buying some ware, I do not want them to simply buy just enough to reach that threshold. There needs to be some logic so that the next freighter to go out and get some of that ware not only gets enough to cover past that "buy" threshold, but ideally quite a bit more, like a full cargo hold.

Return to “X4: Foundations”