have they sorted out the following in the beta?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordmuck
x4

have they sorted out the following in the beta?

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 22:29

Hey,
It's been a while, I used to post frequently on the beta side, showing many flaws, frustrations and bugs and I doubt they ever got looked at.

Issuing an attack command, used to have ships, flying directly INTO the target without firing a single weapon, our ship would then fly back while still being shot by the target and not returning fire and then it would start the attack run (if it lived)

Issuing an attack command at a long distance from the target would cause our ship to fly to the last destination that the target was. So by the time our ship gets to that point the target would have flown off to some other coordinate and our ship would once again fly to the last known location and never getting to the target, even tho our ship is of the same speed or faster!

Station defences attack hostiles on sight now ? or still dumb as a doorstop?

Are bombers/torpedo ships restocking on torps correctly from our "supply ships"? Do our supply ships now have a transporter to go collect and stock the supply ship up as its slow as hell and makes it pointless to bother with. Are our torpedo fliers still flying a few KM away from the target for absolutely nothing while they should be firing 8km? away.

Is Patrol still stupid? and are flyers randomly flying off?

Can our AI taxi again with a larger ship? (M taxi to an L ship)or does our ship magically lose its "magnitisation" with the larger ship once we get off the chair and our pilot sits down?

I have plenty more, but I don't want to upset peeps :)

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: have they sorted out the following in the beta?

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 23:00

Hey, good to see you back!
lordmuck wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 22:29
Issuing an attack command, used to have ships, flying directly INTO the target without firing a single weapon, our ship would then fly back while still being shot by the target and not returning fire and then it would start the attack run (if it lived)
Still doing that.
Issuing an attack command at a long distance from the target would cause our ship to fly to the last destination that the target was. So by the time our ship gets to that point the target would have flown off to some other coordinate and our ship would once again fly to the last known location and never getting to the target, even tho our ship is of the same speed or faster!
Somewhat improved, but lag is still there.
Station defences attack hostiles on sight now ? or still dumb as a doorstop?
Latter.
Are bombers/torpedo ships restocking on torps correctly from our "supply ships"? Do our supply ships now have a transporter to go collect and stock the supply ship up as its slow as hell and makes it pointless to bother with. Are our torpedo fliers still flying a few KM away from the target for absolutely nothing while they should be firing 8km? away.
Dunno, never used them again yet past their first appalling appearance.
Is Patrol still stupid? and are flyers randomly flying off?
They tend to stick together more, but there's still no apparent logic to patrols.
Can our AI taxi again with a larger ship? (M taxi to an L ship)or does our ship magically lose its "magnitisation" with the larger ship once we get off the chair and our pilot sits down?
Still there, been reported somewhat recently I think.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 02:06

Answer all of your questions: The AI is still dumb as brick and can't do nothing right.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 02:08

This always bugged me. WTH is the reasoning behind it? If it’s getting close, it should open fire, not turn back and waste my time.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 02:32

sh1pman wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 02:08
This always bugged me. WTH is the reasoning behind it? If it’s getting close, it should open fire, not turn back and waste my time.
Dunno, I guess I asked when reporting this as an issue... Never had a response :( and it's one of the major game killers for me, apart from the overused and recycled models...

Return to “X4: Foundations”