Mission: Assemble fleet of 5 combat ships. FAIL - Fix in a future build.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Faley

Mission: Assemble fleet of 5 combat ships. FAIL - Fix in a future build.

Post by Faley » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 00:37

I thought I would post this issue in case someone is familiar with it and has found a solution.
I have spent enough time on this problem to, I believe, know that the problem is not in the configuration of the fleet, but is in the placement ("Deliver") of the ships in the guided destination for delivery in the circle. Initially, none of the 5 ships were recognized. However, as I moved the ships around the 3-dimension circle finally 2 were recognized. I also know it is important not to be in the ship that is being delivered, so I make a hasty retreat via teleportation. If any one knows a tip or suggestion of how to get these ships properly located in the circle so they will be acceptable to the mission, you will save me hours of work and i would be most appreciative. the mission reward is over 22,000,000 cr's and I spent more than half that building the ships which I don't want. I am also confiden they are properly configured. in fact three of the ships had no configuration specs at all.
thanks.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Mission: Assemble fleet of 5 combat ships. FAIL

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 02:47

I get in a small ship and fly to the center of the delivery location. Then I tell the ships to follow me there, since the delivery location is sometimes well above or below the plane, and currently WE CANNOT ISSUE MOVEMENT ORDERS ABOVE OR BELOW THE PLANE. When all the ships arrive, I make sure I am paying attention and not in map mode or otherwise distracted when the message comes asking for delivery of the fleet, because it I miss that crucial message and do not respond quickly enough, I will fail the mission, and be left with several ships I never intended to own.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 04:46

I usually order them nearby using map view and then manually fly them into the circle.

If you really cannot complete the mission I suggest uploading a save game so other people can try. It could be the mission is bugged.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 06:48

Order the ships to the delivery spot plane, fly yourself above or below the delivery spot depending on if its above or below the plane, order ships to follow you. Do not open or close the map during this process as it will cancel the transfer request and fail the mission.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 14:35

This should be fixed for 3.0.

Faley

Post by Faley » Fri, 11. Oct 19, 00:26

rboerdijk wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 14:35
This should be fixed for 3.0.
Thats good. However, that's no good for me now. I quit trying, after another 1.5 hours trying. I had the ships follow me, I flew each ship, etc and just not worth the time. I lose my 15 million CR's investment and don't get the reward, have 5 ships i don't want and i could really use that 22 mil award right now. I sure hope they really do fix this soon. what a waste of time.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Mission: Assemble fleet of 5 combat ships. FAIL - Fix in a future build.

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 11. Oct 19, 21:03

Faley wrote:
Fri, 11. Oct 19, 00:26
Thats good. However, that's no good for me now. I quit trying, after another 1.5 hours trying. I had the ships follow me, I flew each ship, etc and just not worth the time. I lose my 15 million CR's investment and don't get the reward, have 5 ships i don't want and i could really use that 22 mil award right now. I sure hope they really do fix this soon. what a waste of time.
There is no guarantee that with 3.00 the fix might work retrospectively. I suggest cutting your losses by aborting the mission and selling the ships to a NPC shipyard or warf (map view, select ship, right click NPC warf). This should refund you some fraction of their purchase cost for immediate reuse.

Belphegor2_3
x4

Re: Mission: Assemble fleet of 5 combat ships. FAIL - Fix in a future build.

Post by Belphegor2_3 » Fri, 11. Oct 19, 21:22

I did it by manually piloting the ships.
Orders lile "follow me" are nice to begin with but automatic collision avoidance may make them quit the zone or refuse to enter. Manual piloting + PURGE ORDERS so that they stay in place.

Return to “X4: Foundations”