2.6 - Teladi vs Xenon

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CaptainRAVE
x4

2.6 - Teladi vs Xenon

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 15:40

I’m playing a save from 1.0 having set up multiple factories that kept everything supplied. The xenon never used to do much. 2.6 has really mixed things up.

Firstly I noticed matrix 9 had been taken over by the teladi with matrix 451 beaten to submission. I then realised why the teladi stocks of all complements had been depleted causing my own stations to deplete also (meaning I can add to the complexes) - the teladi are pumping out ships, so I have obviously played a part in fuelling this war.

Meanwhile, the xenon have wiped out all other adjacent sectors to their space, except holy vision (I am curious to see what is happening to the xenon sectors here), but the xenon have at least stopped 1 sector beyond their core space and haven’t pushed further.

I guess I was just surprised to see the teladi pushing so hard toward matrix 451. Especially considering the xenon are untouchable everywhere else.

What I am really curious about is what the game rules are for all this? Can one faction capture the whole map, completely wipe out the xenon etc?

Also, the khaak station is completely besieged and fortunately for them invincible. They can’t/don’t do much else sadly.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 2.6 - Teladi vs Xenon

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 23:14

This is a migration issue when moving old saves to 2.60.

The Xenon warf and shipyard are refilled to maximum materials allowing them to rebuild many fleets fast, like all NPC warf and shipyards were. This is a once off resource bonus which results in the Xenon giving heavy resistance initially but they quickly degenerate after those initial waves are wiped. Usually what ends up happening is that all except the HAT Xenon gate are pushed right back to their warfs/shipyards which may or may not hold off the NPCs forever and prevent the Xenon from being wiped out.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 02:46

CaptainRAVE wrote:
Sun, 13. Oct 19, 15:40
I’m playing a save from 1.0 having set up multiple factories that kept everything supplied. The xenon never used to do much. 2.6 has really mixed things up.

Firstly I noticed matrix 9 had been taken over by the teladi with matrix 451 beaten to submission. I then realised why the teladi stocks of all complements had been depleted causing my own stations to deplete also (meaning I can add to the complexes) - the teladi are pumping out ships, so I have obviously played a part in fuelling this war.

Meanwhile, the xenon have wiped out all other adjacent sectors to their space, except holy vision (I am curious to see what is happening to the xenon sectors here), but the xenon have at least stopped 1 sector beyond their core space and haven’t pushed further.

I guess I was just surprised to see the teladi pushing so hard toward matrix 451. Especially considering the xenon are untouchable everywhere else.

What I am really curious about is what the game rules are for all this? Can one faction capture the whole map, completely wipe out the xenon etc?

Also, the khaak station is completely besieged and fortunately for them invincible. They can’t/don’t do much else sadly.
Bright Promise up to 2.5 has a indestructible Xenon station next to the main capital station for MIN/TEL.
If you feed with resources MIN shipyards like those at 18 billion, you would have seen them taking the ships and cramping Bright Promise to the point that after several hundred hours, the system was full of ships like an asteroid belt. That feels like a thorn to the side of the AI, that didn't want to push anywhere before while this platform was up.

With 2.6b the first message I got was that TEL destroyed that defense platform and that moment floodgates opened with the lizards pushing the Xenon everywhere. Even got missions to build defense platforms on 451 & 9. The S/M shipyard as 18billion not only was churning out ships, but was expanding also.

I have no idea what's going on Argon etc.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 04:55

Thank You for the info.
building shipfactory supporting factories to aid Arg Tel against the xenon and the holly order effort
Since X3AP I'm afraid of Black Hole Sun... to build there :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Wed, 16. Oct 19, 08:27

I didn’t realise I could blacklist a faction! I have now blacklisted the teladi to slow them down. I’m curious to see how this impacts them. Their stations already seem to be running out of key stock.

Return to “X4: Foundations”