Update 2.60 release and delay announcement for X4: Split Vendetta

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

3wize
x4

Re: Update 2.60 release and delay announcement for X4: Split Vendetta

Post by 3wize » Wed, 30. Oct 19, 13:36

..............!!
You could just release some damn ship to who already PAID...
and I am not one of them...

I don't think add some new Split ship would break the existing game...

:roll:

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Wed, 30. Oct 19, 14:41

3wize wrote:
Wed, 30. Oct 19, 13:36
..............!!
You could just release some damn ship to who already PAID...
and I am not one of them...

I don't think add some new Split ship would break the existing game...

:roll:
They have to stay afloat somehow...

I’ll happily pay for more content for one of my favourite game series.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 17:36

MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 28. Oct 19, 00:11
adeine wrote:
Sun, 27. Oct 19, 22:24
spankahontis wrote:
Sun, 27. Oct 19, 16:49

Eh??
Games everywhere are delayed at certain points.
Are they all taking a page out of Chris Roberts book?

Comparing a 2-3 month delay of a dlc and patch doesn't scratch the surface of the false promises of that conman Roberts.
X4 was at least released to the public and they will fix the bugs, they always do. Rather Split Vendetta/3.0 came out in a functional state than rushed.

When Roberts finally gets around to releasing Star Citizen? Let me know?
Not to mention X4 was funded and sold in an honest and straightforward manner.
I find your comment comical tbh. X4 was sold as a retail release on Steam when in fact it was nothing more than a early release build. Egosoft historically sells games as retail in what the industry would consider an early release or Beta with the promise that they will work the bugs out over time. For the Egosoft fanbois this is likely acceptable but for those new to the brand it amounts to disingenuous sales tactics for the sake of revenue. Egosoft boasts 25 years of game development yet they continue act like a startup.

Oh so Chris Roberts has released Star Citizen? Oh wait, no he hasn't.
But he still sells new module pacts, ship starts, skins etc like it was a released game. He hasn't even released the single pllayer campaign and he's flogging dlc like they're Creative Assembly/Paradox.

As for the Beta content? I've never played a game that has been fully functional in my life, quit pretending like Egosoft is the only company that does this; I very much doubt Egosoft wants to release a broken game, they're not EA, they can't afford to screw us over. So save your scorn for the AAA Industry, Egosoft fix their mistakes, because they can't afford not to.
Rebirth was a mess, but they fixed it and it's working great, they weren't greedy with the DLC content either(2 Dlcs) and it has plenty of modding content to keep it going after vanilla.

2.60 hasn't fixed all the bugs, but it's stable and playable, you're being a tad hyperbolic in your judgement.
In an Ideal world? Egosoft would love to release a game that works bug free and on every PC spec with no bother.. But this is the real world.
They don't have the money, resources or staff numbers to test on every PC Graphics card out there; worked okay on my 1060, but others are reporting a ton of problems.
Time and patience are required.
I gave them a chance with X3 when that wasn't entirely polished, XRebirth shook my confidence but i'm glad I stook with them rather than rage quit and demand my money back,
X4 is going to need time and above all, trust.
This isn't Anthem, so far they have stuck to their Roadmap and 3.0 doesn't look to be abandonned like Anthem did with Chapter 3.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 07:53

spankahontis wrote:
Fri, 1. Nov 19, 17:36
MHDriver wrote:
adeine wrote:
Sun, 27. Oct 19, 22:24

Not to mention X4 was funded and sold in an honest and straightforward manner.
I find your comment comical tbh. X4 was sold as a retail release on Steam when in fact it was nothing more than a early release build. Egosoft historically sells games as retail in what the industry would consider an early release or Beta with the promise that they will work the bugs out over time. For the Egosoft fanbois this is likely acceptable but for those new to the brand it amounts to disingenuous sales tactics for the sake of revenue. Egosoft boasts 25 years of game development yet they continue act like a startup.

But he still sells new module pacts, ship starts, skins etc like it was a released game. He hasn't even released the single pllayer campaign and he's flogging dlc like they're Creative Assembly/Paradox.

As for the Beta content? I've never played a game that has been fully functional in my life, quit pretending like Egosoft is the only company that does this; I very much doubt Egosoft wants to release a broken game, they're not EA, they can't afford to screw us over. So save your scorn for the AAA Industry, Egosoft fix their mistakes, because they can't afford not to.
Rebirth was a mess, but they fixed it and it's working great, they weren't greedy with the DLC content either(2 Dlcs) and it has plenty of modding content to keep it going after vanilla.

2.60 hasn't fixed all the bugs, but it's stable and playable, you're being a tad hyperbolic in your judgement.
In an Ideal world? Egosoft would love to release a game that works bug free and on every PC spec with no bother.. But this is the real world.
They don't have the money, resources or staff numbers to test on every PC Graphics card out there; worked okay on my 1060, but others are reporting a ton of problems.
I gave them a chance with X3 when that wasn't entirely polished, XRebirth shook my confidence but i'm glad I stook with them rather than rage quit and demand my money back,
This isn't Anthem, so far they have stuck to their Roadmap and 3.0 doesn't look to be abandonned like Anthem did with Chapter 3.
Just a couple of quick responses..

Never having played a fully functional game in your life could mean many things such as you are under 10 years old or perhaps you just limit yourself to what you will play. Whatever the case it lends no credibility to your argument.

You completely missed the intent of the comparison with CR's project and you managed to squeeze some fanboi rage in there. You can defend Egosoft all you like, it doesn't change the fact that Egosoft and other development studios have self perpetuated the belief that it is completely reasonable to market an unfinished product as a retail product. So many Gamers crave new titles and content that they are willing to accept anything they can get their hands on regardless of quality. Egosoft is a German company that doesn't subscribe to German business ethics. I have been around a long time and in my experience Germans have always been know for their fanatical quest for precision, quality and craftsmanship. If you choose to lower your standards then so be it, I on the other hand will continue to hold any company that sells me a product that is less than what was pitched accountable.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 20. Nov 19, 13:46

MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 3. Nov 19, 07:53
spankahontis wrote:
Fri, 1. Nov 19, 17:36
MHDriver wrote:

Just a couple of quick responses..

Never having played a fully functional game in your life could mean many things such as you are under 10 years old or perhaps you just limit yourself to what you will play. Whatever the case it lends no credibility to your argument.

You completely missed the intent of the comparison with CR's project and you managed to squeeze some fanboi rage in there. You can defend Egosoft all you like, it doesn't change the fact that Egosoft and other development studios have self perpetuated the belief that it is completely reasonable to market an unfinished product as a retail product. So many Gamers crave new titles and content that they are willing to accept anything they can get their hands on regardless of quality. Egosoft is a German company that doesn't subscribe to German business ethics. I have been around a long time and in my experience Germans have always been know for their fanatical quest for precision, quality and craftsmanship. If you choose to lower your standards then so be it, I on the other hand will continue to hold any company that sells me a product that is less than what was pitched accountable.

No, that's your opinion, I have been playing games for over 30+ years Amstrads, ZX Spectrum (I had over 300 Spectrum games), Commodore 64 (100 so games), Amiga 500+ (100 so games); when you've played as many games as I have you learn something in that time that games are all inherently flawed in some fashion, some more so than others.
Egosoft is not immune from such criticism so stop putting words in my Mouth; I never said that it wasn't without criticism.
If you want to question peoples age/mental age/call people fanboy etc. becaue you got 'triggered' on someones criticisms of what you said? That's up to you, i'm not going to lower myself to your level, sorry.

You compared Egosoft to Chris Roberts sleezy methods, it's just wrong! Totally wrong!
Egosoft doesn't release tons of little new ships, gamestarts, skins and modules behind paywalls like Chris Roberts does because he has no finished product and wants to maintain this cashflow.
Egosoft releases sizable dlcs (Like the Teladi Outpost) To large Expansion packs and they've ALWAYS delivered, they've ALWAYS fixed the bugs.
Chris has made a killing with his hype-train of a game with little substance other than open alphas and module tests to keep us quiet.
He can't keep that going forever, people are gonna put 2+2 together and the money will dry up, it's the most ambitious Space-Sim/3rd Person Shooter in history and he's not getting the message across or even giving us "fanbois" a realistic timetable, remind me again.. How many times Chris has delayed Star Citizen? Even their Squadran 42 single player?

You're using an old German stereotype to promote a shit argument??? PMSL!
Again I state that i've NEVER come across a game that wasn't buggy, some more buggy than others.
Egosoft have NEVER released a game that was bug free, should I throw my toys out of the pram and boycott all games until they release a game that doesn't crash? Please! :roll:
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 20. Nov 19, 15:08

Enough. This is an announcement thread. Do not use it to get personal about old arguments that have been done to death anyway.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sat, 23. Nov 19, 22:52

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 17. Oct 19, 13:52
We're very sorry about this delay and would particularly like to apologise to all owners of the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition, which includes the two future expansions. During the development of the X4: Split Vendetta expansion and the 3.0 update, a number of things have emerged that we really want to see implemented, optimised and fixed in time for the next big step forward for X4: Foundations in order to meet our own expectations as well as yours. We simply need a bit more time to do so.
As a customer with a collectors edition i can only say : I'd rather have it so you take your time and focus on a (for Egosoft standards :roll: ) relatively bug-free release of the DLC than rushing it, there is no point and no joy in a DLC if half the stuff is broken or still unimplemented just to meet some arbitrary deadline.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sun, 24. Nov 19, 11:43

Are we getting new sectors in the patches aswell as the dlc or just the dlc?
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sun, 24. Nov 19, 13:33

They said in free patches as well
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 15:27

Please also note this post from dev CBJ made in another thread today.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

theborg921
x4

End of Q1 is almost here - SPLIT VENDETTA

Post by theborg921 » Wed, 11. Mar 20, 19:14

I see that the betas are comming out so fast, that it makes you think that EGOSOFT opend a new assembly line hahahhaah. I was wondering are there any news about the new DLC. Do we know anithing about the PLOT in the game?

tnx for any info, fly safe

Matthew94
xr

Re: End of Q1 is almost here - SPLIT VENDETTA

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 11. Mar 20, 19:32

IT'S TIME TO RIOT 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

s1asher
x4

Post by s1asher » Wed, 11. Mar 20, 19:36

where is our big release and split vendetta :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Wed, 11. Mar 20, 19:44

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Fri, 13. Mar 20, 01:56

theborg921 wrote:
Wed, 11. Mar 20, 19:14
I see that the betas are comming out so fast, that it makes you think that EGOSOFT opend a new assembly line hahahhaah. I was wondering are there any news about the new DLC. Do we know anithing about the PLOT in the game?

Post on twitter regarding Split Vendetta releasing same time as 3.0.

EGOSOFT GmbH
·
11 Mar
Not quite yet, I'm afraid. We'll announce the date once we're ready to do so.

Here's hoping the delay is minor.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Fri, 13. Mar 20, 12:56

pgllrdp wrote:
Fri, 13. Mar 20, 01:56
This was not regarding a potential delay in between 3.0 and Split Vendetta. Both elements are planned for a simultaneous release. What the tweet says is that we have not yet announced a specific release date. We will though, soonish ;)
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Sun, 15. Mar 20, 15:12

pgllrdp wrote:
theborg921 wrote:
Wed, 11. Mar 20, 19:14

EGOSOFT GmbH
·
11 Mar
Not quite yet, I'm afraid. We'll announce the date once we're ready to do so.

Here's hoping the delay is minor.
Tnx man fot the info. Do you also ave any info about the new Plot in the game?

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Sun, 15. Mar 20, 15:12

Gregory wrote:
Fri, 13. Mar 20, 12:56
pgllrdp wrote:
This was not regarding a potential delay in between 3.0 and Split Vendetta. Both elements are planned for a simultaneous release. What the tweet says is that we have not yet announced a specific release date. We will though, soonish ;)
LOVE the "soonish" part. Any info on the PLOT story?

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sun, 15. Mar 20, 22:14

They have some info on the new plots in the reddit AMA. I don’t have the link handy but that’s a great AMA and should be easy to find.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Sun, 15. Mar 20, 22:24

As long as we get our hands on the DLC before the Zombie apocalypse start's all is fine.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

Return to “X4: Foundations”