3.0 Public Beta is now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oli4uk
x4

Re: 3.0 Public Beta is now available

Post by oli4uk » Sun, 22. Dec 19, 05:41

There's no longer a sound when scanning stations, not sure if this is a bug or a feature but I'm having a hard time finding thoes red lights to scan, although they do look cooler now :p

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Wed, 25. Dec 19, 17:46

After looking at the latest XLOG video, listening to the music. Have Egosoft done anything on how the game handles music for 3.0?

albinopluto

Post by albinopluto » Thu, 26. Dec 19, 10:30

loved the little xmas celebration in the station managers office, if i knew how to share the screenshot i would post it

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 26. Dec 19, 11:39

@ albinopluto: This? (Try the second link). Happy Boxing Day! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mervy79
x4

Post by Mervy79 » Fri, 3. Jan 20, 20:19

Strange Bug which should be easy to replicate, i was in Nop fortune on the long highway, i dropped a resource probe whilst on the highway and it did something wierd to my map, no screenshot im afraid but it wasnt right lol, i cant remember the size of the system but after doing that probe drop this happend, system was well over 1300km, also the anomoly i used in antigone memorial dropped me in nop fortune, however after reloading a save it sent me matrix.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 770829B35/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... A52FE5F12/

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 4. Jan 20, 15:15

Don't know what happened with the probe, but as for the anomaly, where it leads is random. So a reload will almost always send you somewhere different.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 5. Jan 20, 12:12

Is railgun only the S-size and M-size weapon or there is a bigger or turreted version?
It's no brainer to slap this baby on Destroyer main guns and L-size turrets to have "The Expanse" style railguns (high speed, long range, high dammage, but low rate of fire and low turret tracking speed).

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 5. Jan 20, 15:22

I really hope we get the new weapons as turret versions as well - turrets lack a bit of diversity right now. We don't even have utility turrets (ion cannons) right now :(

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 01:26

I'm trying to find the option for this "[Beta 4] Added option to show faction colours instead of relation colours on map." Any ideas where this feature is located?

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 01:28

Under filters--don't recall if there's a political tab or faction tab or what.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 01:34

tomchk wrote:
Wed, 8. Jan 20, 01:28
Under filters--don't recall if there's a political tab or faction tab or what.
Ahhh... Think Filter - Diplomacy is it ...thanks so much

Stedgar
x4

Post by Stedgar » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 15:46

I am stuck in my ship. Landed at Player Headquarters but can't interact with transporter control in transporter room. An suggestions?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 16:36

@ Stedgar: I take it that it is the ship transporter that is not working rather than the PHQ transporter. Are the transporter room doors closed so you can't get through or something? What ship, and can't you otherwise leave in person?

Try these in order until you get somewhere.

1. Verify your game installation.
2. Save, quit and restart the game, reload and try again.
3. Load a save from before you landed at the PHQ and try again from there.
4. Post a bug report in the Public Beta forum along with all your game and system information and evidence as per the Sticky in that forum (and rather than in an Announcement thread :wink: ).

Good luck.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 20:23

I wonder when the next iteration of the 3.0 beta will be released. There are still certain things missing which Bernd promised at the gamescon interview.
- More sectors
- more ships
- improved mission system
- more missions

All those things need testing as well! It's mid January and I have the gut feeling we're in for yet another delay. :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 20:36

@ Cyron43: I suspect that your first two points will more likely be part of the Split DLC and not so much part of the 3.0 Public Beta process.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 20:43

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 20:36
@ Cyron43: I suspect that your first two points will more likely be part of the Split DLC and not so much part of the 3.0 Public Beta process.
No Bernd literally said there will be more ships and sectors independent to the DLC! We got already one new ship with 3.0 beta, which is the Kormoran (sorry idk the English name, cormorant maybe?).

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:17

You're right--hopefully 3.0 beta 5 is coming soon!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:18

Fair enough. I was going more by this dev comment and the fact that new map sectors (without a fresh gamestart) could potentially wreak havoc on an existing mature game in progress. Non-DLC update work is designed to allow you to continue with previous release vanilla gameplay pretty seamlessly.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:26

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:18
Fair enough. I was going more by this dev comment and the fact that new map sectors (without a fresh gamestart) could potentially wreak havoc on an existing mature game in progress. Non-DLC update work is designed to allow you to continue with previous release vanilla gameplay pretty seamlessly.
Have you heard of semantic versioning? Here is the full explanation: https://semver.org/
In a nutshell (and the important part here) is that an increase of the major version number (here from 2 to 3) ALWAYS is done in case of one or more breaking changes.
The minor version number (right next to the first dot) which you are talking about is solely used for added or changed functionality WITHOUT breaking changes.
Thanks for letting me know about the second ship coming in. :)

Kris86

Post by Kris86 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 22:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:18
Honestly, I hope it's not as you say. The game needs heavy content additions, regardless of the dlc, if we also get lost on the problem of starting a new game then it is game over egosoft. I think the community has been far too patient, there is a lot of expectation on this 3.0, I hope it is worth it because so far this 3.0 is just a great list of fixes and still does not touch the real problems of the game in the least.

Return to “X4: Foundations”