3.0 Public Beta is now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Warnoise

Re: 3.0 Public Beta is now available

Post by Warnoise » Sat, 23. Nov 19, 04:12

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 22. Nov 19, 17:30
Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 22. Nov 19, 17:09
Did they change the Ai in 3.0? it somehow got even dumber...
How so?
-Carriers recalling subordinates mid battle
-When the above issue happens recalled ships dont respond to enemy fire so they end up dead most of the time as they try to fly back to the carrier
-Carriers getting stuck for ages in recalling subordinates order
-Station subordinates (traders) flying to deep space towards some random direction (no stations there)
-Fighters boosting draining away more than 50% of their shields
-fighters boosting onto some random directions when they undock from carrier
-Capital ships ramming into each other when fighting
-Carrier subordinates getting stuck for ages in docking order
-Ships not reacting to enemy nearby presence 80% of the times
-Auxiliary ships getting stuck in 'Awaiting signal" order queues for ages

And the list is long....

Yesterday i spent a couple of hours observing the AI and my god it was abysmal.

The few rare times where the AI works as intended the game is so fun though, what a shame.

I am afraid that no matter what new content they bring, i cant have fun when i have to babysit every single ship i have due to dumb AI

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sun, 24. Nov 19, 04:37

Warnoise wrote:
Sat, 23. Nov 19, 04:12
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 22. Nov 19, 17:30
Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 22. Nov 19, 17:09
Did they change the Ai in 3.0? it somehow got even dumber...
How so?
-Carriers recalling subordinates mid battle
-When the above issue happens recalled ships dont respond to enemy fire so they end up dead most of the time as they try to fly back to the carrier
-Carriers getting stuck for ages in recalling subordinates order
-Station subordinates (traders) flying to deep space towards some random direction (no stations there)
-Fighters boosting draining away more than 50% of their shields
-fighters boosting onto some random directions when they undock from carrier
-Capital ships ramming into each other when fighting
-Carrier subordinates getting stuck for ages in docking order
-Ships not reacting to enemy nearby presence 80% of the times
-Auxiliary ships getting stuck in 'Awaiting signal" order queues for ages

And the list is long....

Yesterday i spent a couple of hours observing the AI and my god it was abysmal.

The few rare times where the AI works as intended the game is so fun though, what a shame.

I am afraid that no matter what new content they bring, i cant have fun when i have to babysit every single ship i have due to dumb AI
Most of those are present in 2.6 and earlier.....

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 24. Nov 19, 16:18

Docking seems way better in 3.0 than 2.6.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 19:08

i am impressed what i have seen on the video everything looks amazing i can't wait to see the MANUAL controls of L and XL turrets for cap ships and i can't wait to see new ships from each faction and remodel version o btw devs reminder I DON'T WANNA SEE COPY AND PASTE SHIPS IN 3.0 again hell of nice work and keep it up

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 19:13

I WAS UNDER the impression that update 3.0 could potentially allow relocating player headquarters? is this still planned?
X gamer , one at a time.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 02:38

palm911 wrote:
Thu, 28. Nov 19, 19:13
I WAS UNDER the impression that update 3.0 could potentially allow relocating player headquarters? is this still planned?
I really hope so... Its very important.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 02:48

Axeface wrote:
Sun, 1. Dec 19, 02:38
palm911 wrote:
yes it is very important for me as well, bernd posted this on early janaury this year. (hence my question)

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=413180
For all updates, we are working on better missions. At the latest for 3.00 we plan to have a number of new and improved combat missions in particular. An area we want to combine this with is improved research (in the player HQ) and the ability to potentially even move the player HQ to a different location.
X gamer , one at a time.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 10:40

'potentially' means its kind of up in the air still, like they-want-to-do-it-but-will-delay-it-if-they-have-to.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 01:27

Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Mon, 2. Dec 19, 10:40
'potentially' means its kind of up in the air still, like they-want-to-do-it-but-will-delay-it-if-they-have-to.
yes by itself,

area we want to combine this with is improved research (in the player HQ) and the ability to potentially even move the player HQ to a different location.

in that context and how it is written, for me it sounded as it would be here, i mean i am ok if they delay it, just want to know if it is still the plan or it got discarded entirely.

thank you
X gamer , one at a time.

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 05:31

Just went through the flight school as an old X3 player and a brand new X4 player, some notes below.

- Tooltips at the beginning don't indicate you should CONTINUE looking around...made me a little confused
- They tell you to enter Travel Mode but don't say how... it took me entering Travel Mode for the tooltip to appear.
- Take a break and let the autopilot... is there autopilot? No tooltip or instructions appeared until I looked up the controls.
- "Open logbook", no tooltip for this either.
- Hitting K to change weapons, no indicator what kind of missile is equipped
- Can we keep travel mode speed up when activating or deactivating autopilot? Or from switching from autopilot to regular travel mode
- TODO help text about the basics of this menu when looking at ship menu after docking
- Waiting 4-5 minutes to install docking software really kills the flow of the demo. Maybe make it a short install and say something about future installations taking a long time.
Rode my bicycle across the USA in 2014. Here's the travel blog with lots of words & pictures.

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 22:32

Is there a chance for 3.0 to be released this year?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 22:50

@ matveich[EG]: From the opening post of this thread:

"We also need to inform you that the previously announced expansion X4: Split Vendetta and the associated big 3.0 update for X4: Foundations won’t, unfortunately, hit their original targeted release timeframe of Q4 2019. We're now targeting a new release date within the first quarter of 2020 for both the X4: Split Vendetta expansion and the 3.0 update. Once we get a little closer, we will be able to announce a more specific date."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 22:57

Axeface wrote:
palm911 wrote:

Just been mining crystals all this time, waiting for this to happen, Ive never understood why EGO doesnt understand its the Player's HQ and therefore I want to put it where I want it.

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 23:05

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 3. Dec 19, 22:50

"We also need to inform you that the previously announced expansion X4: Split Vendetta and the associated big 3.0 update for X4: Foundations won’t, unfortunately, hit their original targeted release timeframe of Q4 2019. We're now targeting a new release date within the first quarter of 2020 for both the X4: Split Vendetta expansion and the 3.0 update. Once we get a little closer, we will be able to announce a more specific date."
Thank you for the clarification. I watched the latest stream and was under the impression Split DLC is coming the next year and likely to be version 3.5 with 3.0 release still possible this year.

Christmas ruined I guess.

geronimo3

Post by geronimo3 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 23:26

matveich[EG] wrote:
Tue, 3. Dec 19, 23:05
Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 3. Dec 19, 22:50

Thank you for the clarification. I watched the latest stream and was under the impression Split DLC is coming the next year and likely to be version 3.5 with 3.0 release still possible this year.

Christmas ruined I guess.
everytime i watch an egosoft communication i´am getting more confused on the release plans. currently i´am under the impression that egosoft is trying to stabilize the game with its current functionality and some small enhancments under version 3.0. maybe they release the propagated new mission/diplomatic functionality under 3.x version together with x4sv, only a guess from my side? but when i watch bernd lehans statments i´am under the impression that this is still ist not decided egosoft inhouse ?. looks like they try to find the best solution to satisfy all players and for aquiring new customers. Bad for me i have bought the collectors editionand i wish a bigger universum soon.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 00:15

I think the moral here is that the 'official' statement on 3.00 release date currently remains as per that opening post that I quoted and will stay in force until Egosoft either edit that post or otherwise make an official announcement on these forums of some different intent. Discussing impressions, perceived hints and 'reading between the lines' is all entertaining forum business but it does not really represent official intent until something is formally announced. That's my personal opinion and how I intend to approach such things. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

geronimo3

Post by geronimo3 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 12:49

yes Alan, thats a rational approach, but rumours and reading between the lines in human even if its not helpfull. I have so much fun with the game that i´am really excited and low on patience with the next releases, especially the dlc´s. but i agree with you, fact ist whats officially announced, even if this can be subject of change as we have seen with the release anouncments once. i also recognized that Bernd L. is avoiding any concrete statements on release timings and implemeted functionalities which is understandable after some very loud critics here.

ok, i try to adopt your way and see whats happening,

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 15:20

Let me try and make this as clear as possible.

1. The 3.00 Beta cycle still has some time to run. During the course of that cycle, we will be adding further new features, including some of the base-game content that was mentioned in the livestream that hasn't yet been released to Beta.
2. Once the Beta cycle is complete, all the new 3.00 features are as stable as we'd like them to be, and all the localisation for them has been done, we will look at how close X4:SV is to being ready.
2a. If it's pretty much there then we will release 3.00 and X4:SV together.
2b. If not then we won't hold back 3.00 just because the expansion isn't ready; we will release 3.00 and then a further, smaller update (which might be called 3.10 or 3.50 or whatever) with X4:SV, containing whatever additional fixes and new features are ready at that point.

geronimo3

Post by geronimo3 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 16:54

thanks a lot for this clarifications. this makes the process alot clearer for me.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 03:46

thrangar wrote:
Tue, 3. Dec 19, 22:57
Axeface wrote:
palm911 wrote:

Just been mining crystals all this time, waiting for this to happen, Ive never understood why EGO doesnt understand its the Player's HQ and therefore I want to put it where I want it.
It should just be obvious, I think it is. But like many things in X4 it has unfortunately taken a backseat while other features get implimented, and the dev focus is in other areas.
The Player HQ is something all players have because its story is the only thing that gives the game any kind of structure or lore, and most want to complete it quickly on any playthrough, no? To anchor every single player in Grand Exchange... to not be able to move it is a real problem and until we can the game will feel unfinished.

Return to “X4: Foundations”