3.0 Public Beta is now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kyricus
x4

Re: 3.0 Public Beta is now available

Post by Kyricus » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 03:33

Just logged in after a small update ran on my steam client and I am no longer able to use the spacesuit repair laser. My suit inventory shows that i have it, but it doesn't show up for me to use. Just in case I went and sold the one I had and bought another. Still nothing. I can't assign it to any weapon group and it shows nowhere. Any ideas? Or new bug / issue?

Unkrautvernichter
x4

Post by Unkrautvernichter » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 09:31

Great work with the new effects vor beta 3.03. This new Xenon L projectiles are amazing.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 09:45

Kyricus wrote:
Fri, 6. Dec 19, 03:33
Just logged in after a small update ran on my steam client and I am no longer able to use the spacesuit repair laser. My suit inventory shows that i have it, but it doesn't show up for me to use. Just in case I went and sold the one I had and bought another. Still nothing. I can't assign it to any weapon group and it shows nowhere. Any ideas? Or new bug / issue?
It's a bug, which has been reported already in the Public Beta forum here.

<Edit: ... and fixed in 3.00 b3 HF1. Alan Phipps>
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 19:28

Interception seems to go after near enough enemy small vessels from what i can tell.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Kyricus
x4

Post by Kyricus » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 19:30

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 6. Dec 19, 09:45
Kyricus wrote:
Fri, 6. Dec 19, 03:33
It's a bug, which has been reported already in the Public Beta forum here.

<Edit: ... and fixed in 3.00 b3 HF1. Alan Phipps>
Thank you, I was looking for that beta forum last night but didn't see it. Appreciate the response and the forum link.

Combat Wombat
x4

Post by Combat Wombat » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 21:21

EmperorDragon wrote:
Thu, 5. Dec 19, 10:11
Combat Wombat wrote:
Thu, 5. Dec 19, 05:24
Does the game have a "story"...
Yes, yes it does! But you have to direct it yourself like often the case with sandbox games. My storyline entails the "Nopileos War" - The Nopileos Empire (my faction) starting a conquest of Paranid space in order to build a new nation that unites all the races of the X universe under one banner, future chapters would probably have included wars with other factions and an eventual Galactic War but, I never actually finished this story. I will probably start over and create a new story.
Combat Wombat wrote:
...is it still just a soulless semi-functional economy simulator?
Not at all! Sandbox games never are but, you have to approach them with a creative mind. Put your own soul into them.
I didn't ask about any of that. Please don't ramble about things no ones asking about. I was quite clear that I was asking about real story lines like X3. Don't tell other people how to play games, that some disgusting unhelpful behavior.
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 21:48

Much more story is coming in both 3.X and the Split DLC.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Mixxik
x4

Post by Mixxik » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 02:04

Hi all. I can't find any good info about configurable alert sistem. Can somebody please explain for me, how actually it works and what exacly this alert sistem is? I created some alerts, but as far as I can see they don't have any effect. Or I don't understand something. P.s: I'm playing only offline mode, no ventures.Thanks in advance ;)

beast-master
xr

Post by beast-master » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 02:27

To join the 3.0 public Beta, Do I need to own a copy of X4 Foundations First?

your directions where to right click and choose properties, I can only do that on games I own (steam).
Since I do not own X4 Foundations is there a way to try the 3.0 beta?

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 03:11

beast-master wrote:
Tue, 10. Dec 19, 02:27
To join the 3.0 public Beta, Do I need to own a copy of X4 Foundations First?

your directions where to right click and choose properties, I can only do that on games I own (steam).
Since I do not own X4 Foundations is there a way to try the 3.0 beta?
You must own it for the beta.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 07:48

Mixxik wrote:
Sun, 8. Dec 19, 02:04
Hi all. I can't find any good info about configurable alert sistem. Can somebody please explain for me, how actually it works and what exacly this alert sistem is? I created some alerts, but as far as I can see they don't have any effect. Or I don't understand something. P.s: I'm playing only offline mode, no ventures.Thanks in advance ;)
its totally unclear to me as well, but i assume its related to owning sectors and getting alerted that enemies approach.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Wed, 11. Dec 19, 09:49

Combat Wombat wrote:
Fri, 6. Dec 19, 21:21
EmperorDragon wrote:
Thu, 5. Dec 19, 10:11
Combat Wombat wrote:
Does the game have a "story"...
Yes, yes it does! But you have to direct it yourself like often the case with sandbox games. My storyline entails the "Nopileos War" - The Nopileos Empire (my faction) starting a conquest of Paranid space in order to build a new nation that unites all the races of the X universe under one banner, future chapters would probably have included wars with other factions and an eventual Galactic War but, I never actually finished this story. I will probably start over and create a new story.
Combat Wombat wrote:
...is it still just a soulless semi-functional economy simulator?
Not at all! Sandbox games never are but, you have to approach them with a creative mind. Put your own soul into them.
I didn't ask about any of that. Please don't ramble about things no ones asking about. I was quite clear that I was asking about real story lines like X3. Don't tell other people how to play games, that some disgusting unhelpful behavior.
Whoa! Jumpy are we?

I was merely trying to extract some positivity out of the game's current state in a quirky way but, you are clearly looking for something to be angered about for the sake of arguing.

Lighten up man! Don't stress yourself out over it.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 11. Dec 19, 16:06

@ both: Let's discuss the beta and not each other thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 16:33

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 11. Dec 19, 16:06
@ both: Let's discuss the beta and not each other thanks.
One thing noticed about the current beta.
Started a game last week (3.0b3) with the Teladi start. From the first moment start getting messages about the wars etc, which is great and so are the battles. :)
However decided to pause for a bit and try the Paranid start last night

Didn't got a single message of the war fronts, if stations are been built, where the factions are making operations etc.
Is this because Teladi - Argon are more or less together and Paranids not, so not getting notifications?

Also Grand Exchange 1 with Paranid start on 3.0b3 is like it was with 2.5, full of Khak's and Xenons attacking even the PHQ.
On the Teladi start on 3.0b3 there is none to be found in Grand Exchange on all 3 sectors in the 17 hours played which is pretty quiet, big surprise considering how it was with patch 2.5 when started playing the game.
Do I miss something?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 17:29

Beta 4 is out, here are my favorite highlights:

[Beta 4] Added option to move order positions up and down on map.
[Beta 4] Added visible capital ship geometry on map when zoomed in sufficiently.
[Beta 4] Added option to install weapon mods on turret groups.
[Beta 4] Added option to show faction colours instead of relation colours on map.
[Beta 4] Improved station construction display to only show lines to two closest compatible connections.
[Beta 4] Fixed fleet subordinates sometimes failing to dock at their fleet commander.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 18:38

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 16. Dec 19, 17:29
Beta 4 is out, here are my favorite highlights:

[Beta 4] Added option to move order positions up and down on map.
[Beta 4] Added visible capital ship geometry on map when zoomed in sufficiently.
[Beta 4] Added option to install weapon mods on turret groups.
[Beta 4] Added option to show faction colours instead of relation colours on map.
[Beta 4] Improved station construction display to only show lines to two closest compatible connections.
[Beta 4] Fixed fleet subordinates sometimes failing to dock at their fleet commander.
Good stuff! The beta that keeps on giving!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

waterproofpatch

Post by waterproofpatch » Tue, 17. Dec 19, 06:20

This is awesome, especially the faction color feature.

I did notice one thing I'm not sure was intended. When the map is set to show faction colors, and "show wrecks" is turned on, the wrecked ships and stations are not gray like they are when "show faction colors" is not checked, instead the wrecks are the same color as the faction, so you can't distinguish faction living ships/stations from they're wrecks.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Tue, 17. Dec 19, 10:54

waterproofpatch wrote:
Tue, 17. Dec 19, 06:20
This is awesome, especially the faction color feature.

I did notice one thing I'm not sure was intended. When the map is set to show faction colors, and "show wrecks" is turned on, the wrecked ships and stations are not gray like they are when "show faction colors" is not checked, instead the wrecks are the same color as the faction, so you can't distinguish faction living ships/stations from they're wrecks.
Fixed in an upcoming build :)
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 17. Dec 19, 12:06

With 3.0b4 the game randomly started closing down when have alt/tab out of it doing something else on windows or browser etc.
This wasn't the case until now. No errors, no "crash", nor reports on Windows Event Log exist and occured 3rd time since last night when game updated to 3.0b4.

Anyone else experiences this issue?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 17. Dec 19, 12:46

Please confirm whether your setup matches the following profile:

1. Using an AMD graphics card.
2. Have the latest 19.12.x drivers.
3. Are running full-screen with VSync disabled.

Return to “X4: Foundations”