New Ship in 3.0! (Teladi Cormorant M)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

csaba
x4

Re: New Ship in 3.0! (Teladi Cormorant M)

Post by csaba » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 22:55

palm911 wrote:
Thu, 28. Nov 19, 19:48

where do you see it? i loaded my game, and i am sitting in teladi space and no where to be found (3.0 b2) . haha
If you have decent satellite coverage you can use the text filter in the top left of the map. By typing Cormorant it will be the only entity shown.

Or just buy the ship from the MIN Wharf.

As a side note the targeting on flack turrets needs some tuning, they only hit anything if it's flying in a straight line, otherwise they are there for fireworks only.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 23:19

all turrets have broken targeting, you just see it more on some weapons (slower bullets)

plasma turrets miss stations for example
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 23:29

csaba wrote:
Thu, 28. Nov 19, 22:55
As a side note the targeting on flack turrets needs some tuning, they only hit anything if it's flying in a straight line, otherwise they are there for fireworks only.
In my experience 'only hit anything...' is a slight overstatement. They've been working fine for me against M class targets. Indeed, they've been absolutely essential in encounters with Xenon Ps & SCA Minotaurs, since the only other gun I've got on my Cormorant is a Beam Emitter with 30% reduced damage (to give it better cooling & reload). Is true though you do need to actively manoeuvre to give them a good shot at S targets. However when you do that they're absolutely devastating to such targets - very satisfying to see them so comprehensively obliterated.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 23:37

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Thu, 28. Nov 19, 23:29
csaba wrote:
Thu, 28. Nov 19, 22:55
In my experience 'only hit anything...' is a slight overstatement. They've been working fine for me against M class targets. Indeed, they've been absolutely essential in encounters with Xenon Ps & SCA Minotaurs, since the only other gun I've got on my Cormorant is a Beam Emitter with 30% reduced damage (to give it better cooling & reload). Is true though you do need to actively manoeuvre to give them a good shot at S targets. However when you do that they're absolutely devastating to such targets - very satisfying to see them so comprehensively obliterated.
Ohh I tested them on a Behemoth. Honestly thought they are restricted to large ships like the missile turrets are. I kinda feel they should be, giving flack to M ships feels a bit overpowered as it is way to easy to force enemy fighters into a simple chase. Also they do some ridiculous damage to hardpoints when in range which again is the reason I wouldn't allow them on smaller vessels.

Otherwise yes they hit anything M sized and bigger with good accuracy. But they fail to hit smaller targets that circle around capital ships, which I'm guessing would be their original purpose.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 00:08

csaba wrote:
Thu, 28. Nov 19, 23:37
Also they do some ridiculous damage to hardpoints when in range which again is the reason I wouldn't allow them on smaller vessels.
Only snag there is simply surviving long enough in an M ship to get into firing range for those hardpoints (~1km). If those hardpoints happen to be Xenon L turrets - best case scenario: damn risky - several much less hazardous methods for that (I favour L Main Battery from 10km away), worst case: suicidal.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 09:46

I think that flak turrets make both Frigates and Gunships more interesting.
Both of them needed some buff and flak provides it.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 17:00

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 29. Nov 19, 09:46
Agree with that. They can also make better use of them than larger vessels, since (unlike L/XL) the turrets on M ships can be modified at the wharf workbench (mine now open fire at around 2.3km). Although did have one slightly unnerving thought. Since M ships can use them so can M freighters - bit worried about the time I take a 'hassle the ship until they drop the stuff' mission & the target turns out to have Flak turrets...

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 17:51

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Fri, 29. Nov 19, 17:00
mr.WHO wrote:
Agree with that. They can also make better use of them than larger vessels, since (unlike L/XL) the turrets on M ships can be modified at the wharf workbench (mine now open fire at around 2.3km). Although did have one slightly unnerving thought. Since M ships can use them so can M freighters - bit worried about the time I take a 'hassle the ship until they drop the stuff' mission & the target turns out to have Flak turrets...
It's actually not that much worse than heaving missile turrets on every large ore miner. A full haul doesn't even cover the ammunition costs. :headbang:

Now some drunk Paranid fanatic junk hauler high on spaceweed can drop military grade explosive shrapnel at you as well.

All in favor to restrict trade ships to pulse turrets only?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 18:05

csaba wrote:
Fri, 29. Nov 19, 17:51
Why make trade ships less interesting to fly by removing all choice about how they are armed?
Think it's fine that they have the same choices as other ships in the same class. Anyway, my new favourite ship is technically a freighter so certainly would NOT want a patch to prevent me using Flak turrets - currently having a great deal of fun with them.
As for the cost of missile turret ammo - wouldn't compare it to the value of cargo, but instead to the value of the ship (L freighter's aren't exactly cheap to replace). Don't tend to give them missile turrets personally, but very glad to have the option to do that.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 19:00

Both the Cormorant & the new flak turrets are awesome, I really enjoy using them :)

That is to say - I really miss the concept of energy management of X3. Having maximum weapon energy capacity by ship class really helped balancing the ships to each other. No more little scout unleashing a bullet barrage like any interceptor. Or a freighter which can sustain constant flak fire for that matter.
This and restricting weapons in an obvious fashion (no long range capital ship weapons for a measly freighter). In both departments, X4 is lacking a lot. Of course, it shouldn't be black and white. Having Split ships with more weapon energy but less shields keeps things interesting.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 29. Nov 19, 19:24

is argon flak the only new turreted weapon?
What about others - only front guns?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sat, 30. Nov 19, 09:14

csaba wrote:
GCU Grey Area wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:
It's actually not that much worse than heaving missile turrets on every large ore miner. A full haul doesn't even cover the ammunition costs. :headbang:

Now some drunk Paranid fanatic junk hauler high on spaceweed can drop military grade explosive shrapnel at you as well.

Widely available Missile turrets were always a bad idea. They should be restricted to L mounts or main batteries.

Unfortunately the AI thinks they are the best turret so everything seems to mount them. Soooooo annoying.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 30. Nov 19, 14:06

Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Sat, 30. Nov 19, 09:14
csaba wrote:
GCU Grey Area wrote:

Widely available Missile turrets were always a bad idea. They should be restricted to L mounts or main batteries.

Unfortunately the AI thinks they are the best turret so everything seems to mount them. Soooooo annoying.
I'm pretty sure they are so widespread to keep the missile economy floating otherwise the missile component production wouldn't make any profit as AI controlled fighters rarely have missiles in their outfitting.

Dumbfire would be fine on traders actually. The issue is with the tracking ones. They also cause the smart chip pandemic in every universe.
Last edited by csaba on Sat, 30. Nov 19, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sat, 30. Nov 19, 21:58

if you check 'high' outfits for ships they default to like, all tracking turrets.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 30. Nov 19, 22:11

Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Sat, 30. Nov 19, 21:58
if you check 'high' outfits for ships they default to like, all tracking turrets.
High preset drops the most expensive modules in every slot. Which I might add is sometimes not the best choice especially when it comes to thrusters and engines.

Ohh and this means that you need to prepare for having flack on every ship imaginable from now on. Gonna be fun being a pirate once the DLC hits. :lol:

allrobot

Post by allrobot » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 02:02

图片看不到....楼主可以上传别的国际通用的图床看看吗?~_~

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 02:05

allrobot wrote:
Sun, 1. Dec 19, 02:02
Which image upload site is allowed in your country? The pictures are on my steam profile too https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1913063485

allrobot

Post by allrobot » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 12:56

Axeface wrote:
Sun, 1. Dec 19, 02:05
allrobot wrote:
Sun, 1. Dec 19, 02:02
Which image upload site is allowed in your country? The pictures are on my steam profile too https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1913063485
飞船看起来挺不错,时髦

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 03:10

so we finally get the teladi falcon. cool :D

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 17:47

CaptainX4 wrote:
Thu, 5. Dec 19, 03:10
so we finally get the teladi falcon. cool :D
I was confused by your statement at first, but now I kinda see similarity to X3 Falcon.
X4 Falcon - looks like X1/X2 Falcon
X4 Cormorant and PEregrine - looks like X3 Falcon

Return to “X4: Foundations”