New Ship in 3.0! (Teladi Cormorant M)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tomchk
x4

Re: New Ship in 3.0! (Teladi Cormorant M)

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 12:28

The new shaders are a huge step up, and the many effects are as well. There are still a few where XR is still better, like capital ship explosions, but I know they are still working on effects. Very promising!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 14:30

More pics :D Gonna start a Teladi only playthrough now.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 14:55

Just look at those LIGHTS! Check out reflections as well. Especially the awesome bloom/glare in glass reflections of stations. It’s blinding as it should be!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:07

The new ship looks good. Too bad it's only one.

We should have at least several more, like at least one more heavy fighter for Teladi and Paranid and XL size freighters.
I also woudn't mind some more ships for Xenons, like LX, PX and J.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:13

I bet they will provide a few more if we are reasonable about how unique they must look, inside or outside. Just a guess, though. I agree more would be nice, although I would prefer we get some tweaks to the Ody shape. I love the ship but would like it to be much less like a hair dryer. Could it be flattened a bit, Lino? :)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:19

MIN is very hard to get reputation with as they have just few stations, I hope there will be more.
What reputation is needed for this beauty?

Also, i kind of like the design in this ship, even if its upgraded Peregrine it still looks quite unique, I hope future design will follow this philosophy.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:20

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:07
The new ship looks good. Too bad it's only one.

We should have at least several more, like at least one more heavy fighter for Teladi and Paranid and XL size freighters.
I also woudn't mind some more ships for Xenons, like LX, PX and J.
They said in the ama that there are more in the pipline.
tomchk wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:13
I bet they will provide a few more if we are reasonable about how unique they must look, inside or outside. Just a guess, though. I agree more would be nice, although I would prefer we get some tweaks to the Ody shape. I love the ship but would like it to be much less like a hair dryer. Could it be flattened a bit, Lino? :)
Im fine with kitbashing to add variety. New chassis are always great but using current assets with smaller adjustments aswell is fine imo. Can often result in awesome looking designs.
And yeh ive always seen the Odysseus as a problem case. As well as flattening it (horizontally or vertically? we dont have any tall ships really. Could work for paranid) i think balance adjustments should be made, 10 M's implies that it should be pregnant. Part of the problem? External docking points without hangers are another thing that I think should be done, could even maybe add a shield for them or something?
Last edited by Axeface on Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:24

Agreed. Does X4 have any way to dock other than the vertical pads, not counting drone tubes? I know XR had S ship tubes but I imagine that wouldn’t work with pilotable ships, unless you just go into the dark and exit through the transporter room directly to the station, I guess. That would work for me!

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:28

tomchk wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:24
Agreed. Does X4 have any way to dock other than the vertical pads, not counting drone tubes?
Dont think so. Would be nice... you could then have M ship freighters for example with an external dock for a single S, access to the main ship should be done by the transporter room once hooked on. Just adds some variety doesnt it and gives the artists a chance to be freed from the fatness once in a while.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 16:06

Looks nice... Peregrine hull type is my favourite so far so I don't mind if they make variants of it. Not sure I'd have much practical reason to fly it though if it's like the Minotaur Raider.
***modified***

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 16:47

LameFox wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 16:06
Looks nice... Peregrine hull type is my favourite so far so I don't mind if they make variants of it. Not sure I'd have much practical reason to fly it though if it's like the Minotaur Raider.

It has 7.900 base capacity and is not 100% helpless like the other M freighters.

With this high base capacity it only really "loses" in capacity vs the other Teladi trade ships while still being on-par with the other factions. It's reasonably fast and dangerous enough to not be nuked by a single S-Pirate like the other trade ships.

So for flying it yourself that is a bit questionable...but they make EXCELLENT additions to a trader fleet.

snorrewb
x4

Post by snorrewb » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 17:22

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:28
tomchk wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 15:24
Agreed. Does X4 have any way to dock other than the vertical pads, not counting drone tubes?
Dont think so.
Doesn't the unreleased Nomad have fighter tubes? It's been a year since I used mine, so I am not 100% sure. I seem to remember that it has tubes, but that they don't work.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:28

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 10:36
Can someone record the footage of flak in action?
Sure. Here is some!
https://youtu.be/u2J9X2mcSmE
Visual settings are not at the highest however it gives some idea of how they would look. It appears they currently lack sound effects.

The main issue with them is their very short range. They have range similar to shard turrets, which makes they highly impractical for swatting S sized fighters. Mechanically they have splash damage and combined with their decent projectile speed they should hopefully be effective at swatting down missiles.

For swatting S sized ships it is still recommended to use Pulse and Beam turrets.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:47

Very nice! Hopefully they listen to you all on balancing. Effects look sweet for sure.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 21:21

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:28
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 10:36
Can someone record the footage of flak in action?
Sure. Here is some!
https://youtu.be/u2J9X2mcSmE
Visual settings are not at the highest however it gives some idea of how they would look. It appears they currently lack sound effects.

The main issue with them is their very short range. They have range similar to shard turrets, which makes they highly impractical for swatting S sized fighters. Mechanically they have splash damage and combined with their decent projectile speed they should hopefully be effective at swatting down missiles.

For swatting S sized ships it is still recommended to use Pulse and Beam turrets.
I must say that Egosoft finally did a good job with weapon effects on 3.0. Currently they are god awful, but 3.0 Beta really turn things around.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 21:27

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 21:21
I must say that Egosoft finally did a good job with weapon effects on 3.0. Currently they are god awful, but 3.0 Beta really turn things around.
Yeah, it's too bad they couldn't have these effects at release, but I gather they didn't have enough people dedicated to it. I think X4 would have done much better financially with more focus on visuals and sounds earlier, but oh well... At least now they're getting a handle on Vulkan and shouldn't have this problem again for a long time!

Harrison_rus
x4

Post by Harrison_rus » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 21:39

I just see this ship and no read this topic, because OMG OMG SO COOL! :o

The3rdWings

Post by The3rdWings » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 22:24

is it me or does it looks pretty much like a recycled argon bomber?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 22:28

The3rdWings wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 22:24
Its updated model of Teladi Peregrine, kind of like modification, quite thematic for this faction, and I love it.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 23:49

The3rdWings wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 22:24
It's half-Peregrine, half-freighter. Still not a bad kitbash and this game desperately need ship variety.

Return to “X4: Foundations”