New Ship in 3.0! (Teladi Cormorant M)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tomchk
x4

Re: New Ship in 3.0! (Teladi Cormorant M)

Post by tomchk » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 21:27

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 21:21
I must say that Egosoft finally did a good job with weapon effects on 3.0. Currently they are god awful, but 3.0 Beta really turn things around.
Yeah, it's too bad they couldn't have these effects at release, but I gather they didn't have enough people dedicated to it. I think X4 would have done much better financially with more focus on visuals and sounds earlier, but oh well... At least now they're getting a handle on Vulkan and shouldn't have this problem again for a long time!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Harrison_rus
x4

Post by Harrison_rus » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 21:39

I just see this ship and no read this topic, because OMG OMG SO COOL! :o

The3rdWings

Post by The3rdWings » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 22:24

is it me or does it looks pretty much like a recycled argon bomber?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 22:28

The3rdWings wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 22:24
Its updated model of Teladi Peregrine, kind of like modification, quite thematic for this faction, and I love it.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 23:49

The3rdWings wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 22:24
It's half-Peregrine, half-freighter. Still not a bad kitbash and this game desperately need ship variety.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 00:09

P.S. Any info/footage on other new weapons, or does flak is the only working one?

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 01:46

Any new ship at this point is welcome regardless of role.. imho of course.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 01:56

What’s the point of it? What does it do better than existing ships?

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 02:00

sh1pman wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 01:56
Absolutely nothing lol

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 02:04

Warnoise wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 02:00
Absolutely nothing lol
Well that’s unfortunate.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 03:51

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 16. Nov 19, 00:09
P.S. Any info/footage on other new weapons, or does flak is the only working one?
Flak is the only new one currently available.

It looks like there are 3 other weapons in the works but currently not available...
  • Railgun: Ultra long range S/M gun which cannot turn, so locked onto facing of ship.
  • Some sort of charging gun weapon. Possibly like the one from XR.
  • Cannon: Data points towards this being a gun form of Flak.
sh1pman wrote:
Toughest and most heavily armed M freighter. Has reasonable speed as well, only beaten by Paranid freighters.

If you can find a use for such a freighter currently I do not know. Supplying stations in hostile space maybe? Maybe with the up coming pirate mechanics it will make more sense. Until then it seems better to use conventional freighters and have them drop cargo to pirates rather than duel them.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Sat, 16. Nov 19, 04:30

You can buy the muon charger and the railgun, they're teladi and paranid weapons respectively, they're available from their docks.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 00:46

sh1pman wrote:
It is EXACTLY the sort of ship I'd choose as an early game player-flown freighter.
Significantly faster than either Tern or Vulture, but still has a decent cargo capacity for it's class.
Would also have far fewer concerns about potential hostile encounters than if I was flying either of the others (1 fixed gun mount + 2 turrets > 1 turret).
That fixed gun mount is also invaluable in some non-combat situations (lockboxes, shooting mines, etc) so significantly increases usefulness for certain missions (again compared to the other Teladi M freighters).

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 00:55

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sun, 17. Nov 19, 00:46
sh1pman wrote:
It is EXACTLY the sort of ship I'd choose as an early game player-flown freighter.
Significantly faster than either Tern or Vulture, but still has a decent cargo capacity for it's class.
Would also have far fewer concerns about potential hostile encounters than if I was flying either of the others (1 fixed gun mount + 2 turrets > 1 turret).
That fixed gun mount is also invaluable in some non-combat situations (lockboxes, shooting mines, etc) so significantly increases usefulness for certain missions (again compared to the other Teladi M freighters).
I’d get a Demeter Sentinel for that role. Not sure about usefulness of weapons for a freighter, getting away from hostiles with superior speed is better. Don’t care about lockboxes.

Still, nice to have some variety.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 10:24

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sun, 17. Nov 19, 00:46
sh1pman wrote:
by the time you reach that point in the early game, would be objectively better to stick to the usual Nemesis than this.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 11:44

Warnoise wrote:
Sun, 17. Nov 19, 10:24
by the time you reach that point in the early game, would be objectively better to stick to the usual Nemesis than this.
Nemesis, really?
When I'm looking for a general purpose early game M freighter to fly myself Nemesis is pretty much at the bottom of the list of suitable ships.
You are aware it has by far the lowest cargo capacity of any M ship? It's practically useless for my purposes.
Guess all those guns are nice to have but for me in the early game a decent cargo hold is absolutely critical.

Sh1pman's suggestion of a Demeter Sentinel has far more merit, as well as for evading hostiles high speed also has a strong bearing on the profitability of early game trading.
However, Cormorant's main gun still VERY tempting, primarily due to it's utility for completing various missions that are effectively impossible for ships armed only with turrets.
Like to do missions in the early game as a means to improve rep as well as to bring in the credits.

Bastelfred
x4

Post by Bastelfred » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 23:08

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sun, 17. Nov 19, 11:44
Warnoise wrote:
Nemesis, really?
When I'm looking for a general purpose early game M freighter to fly myself Nemesis is pretty much at the bottom of the list of suitable ships.
You are aware it has by far the lowest cargo capacity of any M ship? It's practically useless for my purposes.
Guess all those guns are nice to have but for me in the early game a decent cargo hold is absolutely critical.
cargo? 5 M guns + 2 M turets on a Nemesis make more Cr. and reputation as the bigest cargoship...

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 02:55

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sun, 17. Nov 19, 11:44
Warnoise wrote:
Nemesis, really?

Sh1pman's suggestion of a Demeter Sentinel has far more merit, as well as for evading hostiles high speed also has a strong bearing on the profitability of early game trading.
However, Cormorant's main gun still VERY tempting, primarily due to it's utility for completing various missions that are effectively impossible for ships armed only with turrets.
Like to do missions in the early game as a means to improve rep as well as to bring in the credits.
Then you clearly playing the game differently. The boring and dull trading task I leave it to the AI. I make money by fighting and boarding ships. For that, I need a decent M ship. And Nemesis is the best M ship.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 03:06

Warnoise wrote:
Mon, 18. Nov 19, 02:55
Then you clearly playing the game differently.
He literally said "When I'm looking for an M freighter" ...

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 09:07

Axeface wrote:
Mon, 18. Nov 19, 03:06
Warnoise wrote:
Mon, 18. Nov 19, 02:55
Then you clearly playing the game differently.
He literally said "When I'm looking for an M freighter" ...
Oh damn i missed that part.

I apologize for the misunderstanding...

Return to “X4: Foundations”