Introducing the XLOG video series

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Thecrippler

Re: Introducing the XLOG video series

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 20:12

I'd love to hear/see more new ships S-M Sizes remodel old ships story haw many factions can we expect to have in the game how many sector we will have in split vendetta will xenos be playable race in the future :? :?

Genoscythe
x4

Post by Genoscythe » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 22:16

Nice video! Would like this to become a regular format, only if it doesn't keep you guys from development tasks, of course^^

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 17. Dec 19, 21:00

You know, I don't want sound ungrateful, but announcing XLOG video series and then stopping it at first video is major troll.
Unless you release something before Chrismass, the holiday break would mean, we won't have next video until second week of January.

Master level troll tease :|

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 17. Dec 19, 21:15

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 17. Dec 19, 21:00
You know, I don't want sound ungrateful, but announcing XLOG video series and then stopping it at first video is major troll.
Unless you release something before Chrismass, the holiday break would mean, we won't have next video until second week of January.

Master level troll tease :|
Perhaps we will get one before Christmas, would make sense no? Then we could at least consider it a series.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Wed, 18. Dec 19, 11:52

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 17. Dec 19, 21:00
I agree that a fixed, adhered to rhythm / regularity would be ideal for the XLOG video series, but that is just not realistic for us at the moment. That's why we specifically didn't say "once a month", "every two weeks" or the like when we started the XLOG. That doesn't mean we're stopping anything though ;) We should have another episode online before Christmas. But please don't expect increasing regularity in the future.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Wed, 18. Dec 19, 16:44

For all of us awaiting the XLOG video series:

We better stay tuned and mostly... be patient! :) .

Angsaar
x4

Post by Angsaar » Wed, 18. Dec 19, 17:18

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 18. Dec 19, 11:52
I agree that a fixed, adhered to rhythm / regularity would be ideal for the XLOG video series, but that is just not realistic for us at the moment. That's why we specifically didn't say "once a month", "every two weeks" or the like when we started the XLOG. That doesn't mean we're stopping anything though ;) We should have another episode online before Christmas. But please don't expect increasing regularity in the future.
The XLOG videos will be a great means of sharing with us the thoughts and process of your work, but our best Christmas present is certainly every new beta you've put out, 3.0 is already a very impressive milestone.

Anyone keeping tabs on the beta forum will know how furiously busy you all are with patching and adding new stuff to the base game, thank all on the team for us!

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 19. Dec 19, 09:48

We'll be trying out something different for the next episode of our XLOG. Tune in to our YouTube or Twitch channel on Friday December 20th at 9pm CET / 8pm GMT / 3pm EST / 12pm (noon) PST to watch the new XLOG live with others, while we'll be interacting with you in the chat. See you there :)

Adalphage
x4

Post by Adalphage » Thu, 19. Dec 19, 09:51

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 19. Dec 19, 09:48
We'll be trying out something different for the next episode of our XLOG. Tune in to our YouTube or Twitch channel on Friday December 20th at 9pm CET / 8pm GMT / 3pm EST / 12pm (noon) PST to watch the new XLOG live with others, while we'll be interacting with you in the chat. See you there :)
Yay! I rally prefer the stream version, so I can free my rage about... I mean, ask nicely about the future of the game! :roll: :D

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 19. Dec 19, 10:59

20th live? You know star wars comes out then yeah? Worst day to pick a live stream, maybe day after?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 20. Dec 19, 11:26

Skeeter wrote:
Thu, 19. Dec 19, 10:59
20th live? You know star wars comes out then yeah? Worst day to pick a live stream, maybe day after?
At least in my country there are plenty of viewings before AND after this stream....I am not sure that this is as much of a problem as you make it to be.

Commander_K
x4

Post by Commander_K » Fri, 20. Dec 19, 11:44

Skeeter wrote:
Thu, 19. Dec 19, 10:59
I'm not sure if it's really a live stream. It sounds more like that Youtube Premiere thing.

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Fri, 20. Dec 19, 11:54

We'll be streaming a pre-recorded video and we'll have some team members in the chat. The video will be available on our YouTube channel afterwards.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 19:32

Any ETA on next XLOG video?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 6. Jan 20, 20:03

Most people on the team have literally had one day at work since the last one. Please be a little patient. ;)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 09:53

Any chance one of the videos might show a dev working on bugs and explain the process etc, i quite liked the ones star citizen does with their devs in showing bug fixing sorta stuff and wonder how ego devs do theirs. Like maybe pick a bug, show how to fix it and why it was a bug in the first place. Dunno how popular it would be but im sure some would appreciate a look into the dev activity and show on the vid the screen of the workstation doing the bug fixing.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 15:13

I would be very interested in the new mission system and what kind of missions we can expect in the future.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 18:13

I'd be interested in a few points aswell:

1. When might we be getting actual combat capital ships? (Destroyers that can be taken down by a few heavy fighters don't count) Withholding such a critical ship class for a game basing it's entire industrial and economical reason for existance on war makes absolutely no sense. Lino mentioned before it's partially duo to turret count limitations, which strikes me as odd as Rebirth had ships with up to 250 turrets which ran more than fine. Adding a few more L sized turrets to a larger shipclass wouldn't cause performance issues at all.

2. Balance of the game. It's all over the place. When can we hope for adjustments to make gameplay feel meaningfull?
Missiles and Torpedos
  • outclass everything. M turrets spamming missiles on ships with a few turret slots output more damage then some destroyer's L turrets and main guns combined.
  • a nemesis with 5 torp launchers and firerate modifications can kill any capital ship in seconds (even an I)
  • missile defense doesn't work at all. Not being able to spot missiles on the radar and having to rely on a missleading sound makes countermeasures very ineffective and turret missile defense doesn't work at all as the missile body is too small to be hit by pretty much any turret
Imbalance of hardpoint weapons and turrets
  • accuracy fixes for turrets are long overdue. Bugs are still around that cause turrets to miss stationary targets, fast tracking turrets to track at least a second behind very slow moving targets, and turrets seem to ignore the own ships movement when shooting at an enemy
  • S class harpoint weapons having a longer range then L sized capitalship turrets does not make any sense
  • turrets are streight up too weak, their range should not be lower than gimbaled weapons
  • weapon range and damage needs adjustments and some increased range to make spacefights less of a ship head butting cluster****
Shiptype balance
  • L ships feel pretty pointless currently as 2-3 well equipped m sized ships are far superiour at every task. may it be fight or trade
  • carrier and or auxiliary ships (including docking capacities on smaller ships) don't make much sense and need to be reworked to offer a meaningfull destinction and reason towards using specific shipclasses (this can hopefully be better analyzed once the subordinate docking is fixed, which is currently completely broken in 3.0)
Those are the 2 points that worry me the most as the game has been out quite a while now and these are keypoints keeping players from connecting with the game to enjoy it on a basic level. It would be amazing if you could find the time to give us a short hint on when these issues may get tackled.

Thanks guys!

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 21:19

Agreed on missions! I am dying to hear what’s coming, and it’s not clear how long we need to wait for a Beta with the new ones.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 21:56

I'm dying as well, can't wait for the release of the first Dlc.

Return to “X4: Foundations”