Introducing the XLOG video series

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Re: Introducing the XLOG video series

Post by Axeface » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 04:19

SplitBoy wrote:
Fri, 7. Feb 20, 03:08
Can we entice factions to merge "Holy Order of Argon Prime"
I really hope not. The idea that the player and their small (by the grand scheme of things) corporation can have such massive political clout is just farcical to me (clout that can even influence the interaction of entire species to a large degree).

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 09:56

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 7. Feb 20, 04:19
SplitBoy wrote:
I really hope not. The idea that the player and their small (by the grand scheme of things) corporation can have such massive political clout is just farcical to me (clout that can even influence the interaction of entire species to a large degree).
Every faction is lead by a single entity....and if we look at real life there are individuals that managed to cause conquests of nations and continents....some of them starting as an absolute nobody.

To be a leader all you need is willpower, charisma...and the luck to meet a few people that believe in you.

And let's not forget that you can get like Jeff Bezoz type rich in this game....and have more military might than any single faction if you work hard enough.

Making others team up even if it's just because you are too dangerous is actually super plausible.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 16:34

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 7. Feb 20, 04:19
SplitBoy wrote:
Well you see and that's the point why those question are on my mind and i would like to hear more of it in detail beyond a vague "Players gona have a endgame system to influence factions."

The tools and the option (If you don't like it don't do it) to merge Factions and create super factions like those that have been mentioned back in the first X games the "Foundation Guild" and the "Profit Guild" are enticing to me.

So what is it you want from the Diplomacy System is there nothing that makes you curious?
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 21:11

hourheroyes wrote:
Mon, 2. Dec 19, 06:33
My biggest question about X4 3.0 is how Bernd went from X-Rebirth era serious Bernd

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!

SplitBoy wrote:
Fri, 7. Feb 20, 16:34

Well you see and that's the point why those question are on my mind and i would like to hear more of it in detail beyond a vague "Players gona have a endgame system to influence factions."

The tools and the option (If you don't like it don't do it) to merge Factions and create super factions like those that have been mentioned back in the first X games the "Foundation Guild" and the "Profit Guild" are enticing to me.

So what is it you want from the Diplomacy System is there nothing that makes you curious?

Mergers with Corporate Factions definitely.

Problem at the moment is Factions keep to themselves when it comes to building their empire, only expanding into other Factions territories when they are invading.
Hatikvah/Argon/Antigone are a slight exception.
But you never see the Teladi expanding into other neutral/friendly Factions territory (Which would be lore accurate if they do). They are obsessed with profit so would set up shop anywhere to acquire it
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 9. Feb 20, 01:14

Shehriazad wrote:
Fri, 7. Feb 20, 09:56
Every faction is lead by a single entity....and if we look at real life there are individuals that managed to cause conquests of nations and continents....some of them starting as an absolute nobody.
To be a leader all you need is willpower, charisma...and the luck to meet a few people that believe in you.
And let's not forget that you can get like Jeff Bezoz type rich in this game....and have more military might than any single faction if you work hard enough.
Making others team up even if it's just because you are too dangerous is actually super plausible.
I dont really see it like that,, considering the population of planets I dont think the player can be a Jeff Bezoz like you say. Ive always seen the factions and npcs we see in the games as any one factions spacefaring people (that are a tiny tiny minority) rather than an entire faction or even a large part of one. Its more like a colony or expaditionary force, with a large smattering of civilians, no? To me this implies that most real or impactful politics is happening down there on the ground where we cant influence it. Maybe im wrong and the spacefaring world, that is all we actually get to see, is much more influential and important than I realise - but I doubt it (the reality is that its probably not actually even been considered, I think it would be interesting to consider it).

As for the player influencing factions, I wanted to say 'to a large degree' - I think we should have influence, perhaps be able to cause a truce between two rival factions (like a truce in the paranid civil war), but should we really be able to disolve the reasons behind something like the Split and Boron relations? More deep seated things. I dont think so. The specific quote I was referencing was saying the player could unite the Paranid... and upon thinking about it more... maybe I was wrong and that is a place it could make sense? That civil war is a temporary issue caused by a sudden shock to their culture, and isnt so deep seated - possible. And a united Paranid could be rather scary ;p
Shehriazad wrote:
Fri, 7. Feb 20, 09:56
I totally missed this bit, sorry. Absolutely. Other threads have talked about ship quotas and rep hits for being too powerful, to that I am in total agreement.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 9. Feb 20, 01:48

Once again, please stay on topic in this thread. The whole of the rest of the forum is available to discuss gameplay features; this thread is about the XLOG videos, past and future.

Doomdog19
x3tc

Post by Doomdog19 » Fri, 27. Mar 20, 16:43

I think a cool XLOG to show would be a talk with the Art director for X4, the Split Vendetta and then talking about what features were challenges to get things into v3.0.

I really enjoy watching the XLOG videos!

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Fri, 27. Mar 20, 18:41

Thanks for the suggestion. Once 3.0 and Split Vendetta are out we'll pick it up again. Probably a little different during the next months due to the whole situation everyone is in, but I'm sure we'll get something going :)
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Ranix
x4

Post by Ranix » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 16:53

I think a good XLOG video would be one where the guy responsible for capping pilot experience gain below 3 stars apologizes to the community and tells us the fix is coming in the next patch

hawkeye099
x3tc

Post by hawkeye099 » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 02:21

Well, would be nice to keep this thread out of common discussion, as it does not really contribute to the community. Proposing to move it to announcements and/or make it a sticky one.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 18:26

hawkeye099 wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 02:21
Proposing to move it to announcements and/or make it a sticky one.
It is already a Sticky. Hence why it always stays on the top.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

hawkeye099
x3tc

Post by hawkeye099 » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 03:20

*ehm* it's still an announcement and should be moved there.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 16. May 20, 14:33

I think another episode on the universe simulation would be pretty interesting - specifically "the path to achieving functional universe simulation", after all full simulation brings a lot of challenges.
Stuff like the challenges faced, lessons learned and anecdotes of funny or interesting behaviour/ consequences of changes, etc during development / patching .
For example methods applied to keep the universe in a mostly stable state (on release there where some issues with economy grinding to a halt after some time for example, but now its fixed)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 16:27

Any new XLOG planned? Last one was quite some time ago.
Would be nice to get some updates about the next steps.

PS: Modding tools soon? :mrgreen:

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 18:08

XTC0R wrote:
Thu, 16. Jul 20, 16:27
Any new XLOG planned? Last one was quite some time ago.
Would be nice to get some updates about the next steps.

PS: Modding tools soon? :mrgreen:
Looking at initial release date of SV (December) and the date or SV reveal trailer (August), I'd expect Terran DLC trailer somewhere in September (As DLC2 release date is Q1 2021).

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 19:40

XLOG, is a good idea, yet falls short .

Takes an age to tell us what he is going to talk about ! So the first 30% is drivel.
This pre talk is so similar to politicians who say so much but say nothing.

XLOG’s are filibuster, drawn out waffle with little useful content.

What a waist of time and effort they are !

And when was the last one ?

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 11:13

Sorry about the long wait for more content... everybody's hard at work on the game. We will have more to talk about around gamescom - specific dates and events will be announced in 2-3 weeks.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 10:01

Gregory wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 11:13
Sorry about the long wait for more content... everybody's hard at work on the game. We will have more to talk about around gamescom - specific dates and events will be announced in 2-3 weeks.
Awesome.
We are waiting.

Return to “X4: Foundations”