AI is cheating in the markets

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: AI is cheating in the markets

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 17:34

It's one of the many useful things that got nuked from the UI for inexplicable reasons. Rebirth had detailed breakdown on how the price you were getting was being formed. You could see which discounts you had, and how long they would last. Why on Earth did Ego carry over the discount mechanics from Rebirth, but axe that breakdown?..

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 18:33

radcapricorn wrote:
Mon, 2. Dec 19, 17:34
It's one of the many useful things that got nuked from the UI for inexplicable reasons. Rebirth had detailed breakdown on how the price you were getting was being formed. You could see which discounts you had, and how long they would last. Why on Earth did Ego carry over the discount mechanics from Rebirth, but axe that breakdown?..
I would love to know as well. XR had a number of great trading features that I think would be excellent in X4, at least as alternatives to the current map system.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 00:33

I agree. It would be very useful for the total discount or bonus to be listed somewhere. At least in the trade window they should be listed around the buy and sell columns.

darkstar12
x4

Post by darkstar12 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 01:42

Why do you need to know what the discount only you have access to is? It doesn't impact trades done by the AI at all. Just means more profits for you.

I xan see it as interesting to know the exact numbers. But I would rather they allowed us to set transfer limits in the stations. And better statistics for trade and seperate one for stations. And of course mining as a seperate on as well. Since that is actually useful to you in planning the future of your Empire.
And so it Begins.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 02:15

darkstar12 wrote:
Tue, 3. Dec 19, 01:42
Why do you need to know what the discount only you have access to is? It doesn't impact trades done by the AI at all. Just means more profits for you.
So that people are aware that the mechanic exists and know why NPCs appear to be undercutting them.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 10:33

I would like to know that so I can tell what stations I hacked
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 10:53

Yep, and e.g. know how long you still have on those discounts.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 12:02

hacks are permanent I think, if not then this is urgent anyways
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

blanmgr
x4

Post by blanmgr » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 18:56

After reading everyone's comments, it seems that the majority of the comments think it would be a good idea to bring back the old information showing your discount and the current prices. This will reduce the confusion of what is being sold and purchased so you can properly know what is going on in the economy for your universe. Only a handful of players remember what is happening under the "hood" of the game, several remember what it used to display in the older X games which was very helpful, and now I added to everyone's confusion of guessing how much the wares are truly being sold for to other races.

So, please Egosoft, bring back the information of trading console from the older X games :gruebel:

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Thu, 2. Jan 20, 15:15

blanmgr wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 18:56
After reading everyone's comments, it seems that the majority of the comments think it would be a good idea to bring back the old information showing your discount and the current prices.
Done in an upcoming version.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 3. Jan 20, 23:14

florianlt wrote:
Thu, 2. Jan 20, 15:15
Done in an upcoming version.
Sweet, thanks. :) Players noticing applied discounts affecting their prices may be tempted to get involved with other activities to gain discounts, like station hacking, which they may otherwise dismiss as pointless without ever seeing or knowing that this could make them quite a buck.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 3. Jan 20, 23:15

Good point!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Return to “X4: Foundations”