Feature Wish

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

darkstar12
x4

Feature Wish

Post by darkstar12 » Sun, 1. Dec 19, 20:10

So I have a few shipyards by this time.

Now I would like to allow the factions to buy S/M ships and maybe XL ships but not L ships or whatever. but when you restrict on one of them in a complex you restrict it for all

my wish would be to have it be individual for at least per Size much like you can't stop sale of 1 out 15 hull parts. but at least you can stop all of those while other things are sold.
And so it Begins.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: Feature Wish

Post by iforgotmysocks » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 20:46

Restricting S and M ships vs. L and XL should be no problem as you could build seperate complexes that only procude the wanted types and restrict what you don't want to be sold to factions.
I can't really follow the reasoning why it would be important to allow XL, but not L ships. ^^

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 21:33

Just allow the blacklist to work by station and I'll be happy. Ship traders are all or nothing. They need to use the blacklist.

darkstar12
x4

Post by darkstar12 » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 22:36

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Mon, 2. Dec 19, 20:46
Restricting S and M ships vs. L and XL should be no problem as you could build seperate complexes that only procude the wanted types and restrict what you don't want to be sold to factions.
I can't really follow the reasoning why it would be important to allow XL, but not L ships. ^^
More meant as an example really. Though in one game TEL did buy carriers and aux ships more than any other ships by a large margin. And lazyness.

In regards to restricting one type or all. As with the other things you can restrict in the logical overview. Why are they seperated as if different wares. But the price and restriction is shared. It is illogical.
And so it Begins.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 17:14

It would be nice if there was a distant sector, where no faction gos. So you have freedom to set your shipyard in there. Dedicated just for you. ( No Reds )

This would have to be done so it took you the player an age to not only set up, but also get your newly built ships out from this distant sector.

You would obviously have to supply all that was required to run the shipyard.

Then it would be unaffected by the demands of cue jumping orders from Factions.

Make it bit of a challenge to do, so its not a quick easy cheat.

I have wanted a sector that is overwhelmed with huge sized asteroids, so you have to navigate carefully to get around ! Then to be doted with clouds of dust, or gas, making it even harder to navigate. There would need to be a reward for persisting in there, may be an open central section that was stunningly beautiful. A spacial heaven.
This could be the place to set up your dedicated shipyard.

ignis_alas

Post by ignis_alas » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 14:23

-manning turrets
-more flushed out ship interiors (nothing crazy but a single room makes it feel like simple assets)
-npcs using phones and tablets, also some talking to each other, instead of just staring into walls
-npcs reacting like the actors on the bridge of star trek tv show when the ship gets a huge damaging hit
-improved visuals when building ships on the hangars, disguise it a bit with fireworks from the welding while a robot arm or npcs stick big pieces together
-the ships inertias and movement in general more physics based, fighters movement like warthunder fighters or small/medium bombers, capital ships like the ships in warthunder or world of warships
-a small multiplayer co op even if all the players have to be in the same sector
-uniforms for our crews as we reach a certain amount of spaceships/stations/cash/title/number of sectors taken (perhaps with the skins of the ships)
-more different designs of hangars
-grab the current hangars and make a ship out of them

please

Return to “X4: Foundations”