[Request] Can we do something with NPC faction carriers?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

[Request] Can we do something with NPC faction carriers?

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 17:55

Currently, with the way NPC factions are set-up, their carriers are borderline useless:

ARG - Stay near Argon Prime shipyard and do nothing.
ANT - doesn't use carreir at all.
PAR - aparently has carrier, but God knows where it is (I checked all PAR and near territory, check their shipyards and my shipyards - no PAR carrier visible neither active nor in construction).
HOP - again, seems to not field any carrier for no reason.
TEL - only useful carrier in my game, actively patrol Ianamus Zura and sometimes even invade Xenons to the north.
MIN - no carrier (WTF is with each faction pairs, only one fielding the carrier??!).

XEN - no carrier in existence and they badly need fighter screen projection! Please reintroduce "J" as dedicated carrier and give hangars space to "I".

Additionally those meager and useless carreirs deployed carry around 15 fighters, despite space for 40 S and 10 M - they should employ full capacity, otherwise there is no point to bother!
This also make that all factions combine are pathetic compparing to player - I have 7 full carriers and I feel like I can smash all of them with no sweat!
Last, but not least - because this broken state of carriers I never saw anyone ordering a carrier in my XL shipyard :(

Please do something with carriers!
Give all factions proper carrier and possibly even more than one (Carrier should be the leader of every serious invasion force!).

wildragon55

Re: [Request] Can we do something with NPC faction carriers?

Post by wildragon55 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 20:50

I have seen the PAR and HOP carriers just once and that was at the beginning of the game. Maybe the NPC just feels that the carriers are TRASH. Especially if the Destroyers can do as much and sometimes much better.

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 21:42

If you want to see carriers in action build a Xl shipyard. Ships build by you for the factions go to war often.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 22:04

easternsun wrote:
Wed, 4. Dec 19, 21:42
If you want to see carriers in action build a Xl shipyard. Ships build by you for the factions go to war often.
Dude, I have fully stocked XL shipyard with 4x XL yards, blueprints for all carriers and I haven't seen NPC buying a single carrier from me for 50+ hours.

alecz

Post by alecz » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 01:02

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 4. Dec 19, 22:04
easternsun wrote:
Wed, 4. Dec 19, 21:42
Dude, I have fully stocked XL shipyard with 4x XL yards, blueprints for all carriers and I haven't seen NPC buying a single carrier from me for 50+ hours.
I think YOU have to build them and SELL them to the other factions.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 04:29

wildragon55 wrote:
Wed, 4. Dec 19, 20:50
I have seen the PAR and HOP carriers just once and that was at the beginning of the game.
I do not think HOP will ever own a carrier as they lack stock orders for one. ANT is in a similar situation.

PAR should build and use one offensively. They have re-ordered it from me multiple times. However it is prone to getting hooked on attacking that invulnerable KHK cluster so might not be used in the HOP warfront.
alecz wrote:
Thu, 5. Dec 19, 01:02
I think YOU have to build them and SELL them to the other factions.
From what I understand the intended logic is that sold ships despawn. This is to stop you giving NPCs ships they have no clue how to use or what to do with them.
wildragon55 wrote:
Maybe the NPC just feels that the carriers are TRASH. Especially if the Destroyers can do as much and sometimes much better.
Destroyers cannot repair subordinate S and M ships. Carriers can. Carriers are actually very strong with that regard, if only their combat AI was less suicidal in sector and kept distance.

It would be nice if they tried to maintain a 20-30 km distance from any L or XL combat ship when in sector. Maybe a configurable distance? So that they are not shredded by XEN I XEN L turret banks. Out of sector/low attention ramming into enemy ships is fine and even good since they make fantastic bullet sponges.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 08:33

wildragon55 wrote:
Maybe the NPC just feels that the carriers are TRASH.
Looks like NPC factions are smarter than I thought...

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 13:37

I'm on the 3.0 beta, but I've just seen the PAR carrier get blown up in Pious Mists by 7 HOP destroyers in my game.

Return to “X4: Foundations”