Roadmap

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jazzyspazglobal
x4

Roadmap

Post by jazzyspazglobal » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 05:26

Hi guys,

I purchased the game about a week ago today and I've put in around 15 hours. I'm hooked and can't put it down. I was wondering where I could find a development roadmap if such a thing exists.

Also, was wondering how in-depth combat is. I've just purchased a Falcon and I can take down small threats and Xen units. It'd be cool to see crew members take a role in the combat-effectiveness of a ship. Similar to Guns of Icarus involvement. Would even be cool to play as a crew member.

Thanks,

Chris.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Re: Roadmap

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 05:42

the only real roadmap right now is for the release of the 3.0 patch and its concurrent Split DLC.

the 3.0 beta currently has

Improved graphics engine to support new visual effects
Better sound effects
Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
Configurable alert system
Individual and group crew transfer
Policing options for player-owned space
Ability to dock using a spacesuit directly
Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station Overview and Logbook
Improved target display and mission guidance
More control over drones and turrets
Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode

and the release version of 3.0 will have other features, like additional missions, diplomacy missions for endgame, and other stuff.

Split DLC will feature a new race's worth of ships, a bunch of sectors, two (or more?) split factions and apparently some plot missions. Maybe other stuff too who knows.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Adalphage
x4

Post by Adalphage » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 16:09

As Sandalpocalypse said, the current roadmap dies with Split Vendetta DLC. The next steps in the evolution of X4 Foundations are currently uncertain... but promising because of the potential of the game has and the development during the last yerar!

I suppose we can expect a new roadmap after the dlc comes out.

eXalt!
x4

Post by eXalt! » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 20:31

Some game packs included the 2 first DLCs for free, so at least there will be another DLC after Split Vendetta.

ignis_alas

Post by ignis_alas » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 14:49

they ve actually started to sometimes post a video about the ongoing development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPw-ldGM1o

you ll probably should also give a look to the recent q and a compilation thats here on the forums
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=419679&sid=75bd02 ... 86df4d005c

whre they say things like
question: Can we expect more end-game content? (eg, dynamic race relations, factions responding more aggressively to player actions, full-scale galactic war(s), new threats [could even be a new faction or a more advanced Xenon branch])?

answers: Bernd: More end game content: YES, very much so. This is our main focus for 3.0 and beyond.

Dynamic race relations: Again YES this is what we want to build up on a lot more. X4 is a great foundation in this regard. I believe dynamic faction relations have a lot of potential and are also our best way to allow the universe to be modified into the direction each player prefers (more war? more peace? etc.)

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 11. Dec 19, 01:27

jazzyspazglobal wrote:
Thu, 5. Dec 19, 05:26
Hi guys,

I purchased the game about a week ago today and I've put in around 15 hours. I'm hooked and can't put it down. I was wondering where I could find a development roadmap if such a thing exists.

Also, was wondering how in-depth combat is. I've just purchased a Falcon and I can take down small threats and Xen units. It'd be cool to see crew members take a role in the combat-effectiveness of a ship. Similar to Guns of Icarus involvement. Would even be cool to play as a crew member.

Thanks,

Chris.
As others said. 3.0 will be upon us soon, on release with more missions etc. Then we have Split DLC sometime in February time (maybe with patch 3.5), with own campaign, race ships in addition if remember correctly adds 33%-50% more sectors. (is on the video)

Then Egosoft would start working on the next DLC and patch 4.0 some time in 2020. We are been told that the game will be supported for years to come.

Return to “X4: Foundations”