How to raise a rank with HAT and MIN?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

How to raise a rank with HAT and MIN?

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 13:28

For long time I'm stuck with HAT relation rank +18
MIN is even worse, all I got is +4

How to improve relation with these two?

LeVaAl
x4

Re: How to raise a rank with HAT and MIN?

Post by LeVaAl » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 14:04

trade and xenon kills in sector.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 17:16

You can always hack the storage terminal to make room for more trade at the MIN stations works with the HAT trade station as well.

Hatikvah's Choice is quite often attacked by fleets of Xenon that's how I got +20 with them. When I saw a fleet of Ks coming through the gate I just camped the nearest defense station and killed as much as I could.

You can abuse the teleport feature to stack up on missions as well.

Genoscythe
x4

Post by Genoscythe » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 17:23

The HAT trading station also buys nividium, if you don't oversaturate the market having an M miner automine nividium all the time will net you a very good budget of around 500k every couple of minutes while also slowly upping your rep passively.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 17:39

For Min sometimes they have stations besides the wharf and shipyard you can get missions from. You could also dock a small ship at the shipyard and wharf then just teleport around to see if they have mission offers. Flying out to open space and pulling agro from a xenon or khaak and having them follow you back to the station and destroying them there might work if the station engages?

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 00:58

burger1 wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 17:39
For Min sometimes they have stations besides the wharf and shipyard you can get missions from. You could also dock a small ship at the shipyard and wharf then just teleport around to see if they have mission offers. Flying out to open space and pulling agro from a xenon or khaak and having them follow you back to the station and destroying them there might work if the station engages?
This gave me an idea to take a station build mission from MIN. Hang a bunch of refining modules on it that are cheap before you build the last module that triggers the completion then just have miners feeding it for rep. Refined goods have a high turn rate and keep miners busy all the time for constant reputation gain.

theincrediblenick
x4

Post by theincrediblenick » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 01:42

Sit by one of their stations and take missions for them. While you're doing it you can kill rogue mass traffic as a bonus, and because you are sat there that means that your traders have up to date trade information on that station and if there are good deals to make then they will make them.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 10:10

csaba wrote:
Sun, 8. Dec 19, 00:58
burger1 wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 17:39
This gave me an idea to take a station build mission from MIN. Hang a bunch of refining modules on it that are cheap before you build the last module that triggers the completion then just have miners feeding it for rep. Refined goods have a high turn rate and keep miners busy all the time for constant reputation gain.
This one seem to me good idea that I have to try - reduing hassle to minimum (I'd don't like idea of grinding station mission for +20 rank).

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 02:42

MIN have a wharf and shipyard in 18 billion

Just travel between the two until you get a build station mission offered from either.
Defence Platforms aren't ideal as once built you don't interact with them anymore
But MIN building an Engine Part fab is a big thing .. since the build requirements don't include e-cell & refined goods production
You can supply that easily for steady rep gain

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 04:49

Anchor some trades in their space, and set them loose to trade. Built some stations to aid the demand of what ever is laking in your game. Your rank will slowly go up.

My wish is to get rank increase with Scale Plate Pact, Kha’ak & Xenon. But alas the game seems to have that snubbed shut. Shame! Would be good to get onside with the Xenon.

:roll:

Senar
x4

Post by Senar » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 07:00

Doing missions for them. Especially - "building station" type of mission, which gives you lot's of rep and money.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 11:37

As I am still working on raising my rank with MIN and ALI to >20, and as I have raised rep with HAT to 24, imo doing missions is by far the fastest way to go.
If you fight enemies in Teladi Space it will raise your rep with Teladi, not with MIN. You can get a small amount of reputation if you kill those "criminals" very close of a station. But beware: Killing any ship exept Kha'ak and Xenon in close vicinity of a MIN station will trigger sector defense and thus not raise your rank. As an example: I observed in 18 Billions how a SCA-ship (surprisingly) attacked a Teladi and became red. When I killed it in proximity of the SY, instantly the Security-Officer shouted at me and several MIN-ships turned red. It was positively not a matter of friendly fire.

theincrediblenick
x4

Post by theincrediblenick » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 23:38

zazie wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 11:37
As I am still working on raising my rank with MIN and ALI to >20, and as I have raised rep with HAT to 24, imo doing missions is by far the fastest way to go.
If you fight enemies in Teladi Space it will raise your rep with Teladi, not with MIN. You can get a small amount of reputation if you kill those "criminals" very close of a station. But beware: Killing any ship exept Kha'ak and Xenon in close vicinity of a MIN station will trigger sector defense and thus not raise your rank. As an example: I observed in 18 Billions how a SCA-ship (surprisingly) attacked a Teladi and became red. When I killed it in proximity of the SY, instantly the Security-Officer shouted at me and several MIN-ships turned red. It was positively not a matter of friendly fire.
Sounds like either the SCA ship was nominally in disguise (can be removed by scanning), or you haven't got a police licence from MIN.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 11. Dec 19, 01:33

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 13:28
For long time I'm stuck with HAT relation rank +18
MIN is even worse, all I got is +4

Found MIN is the hardest to raise, however 18billion system is where you need to set up shop. Feed the MIN stations there (especially the wharf) and do the missions.
Has also plenty of reds to gain standing through combat. Usually you will be getting quite a few missions to build defense stations and production stations.

The Teladinium station in the Grand Exchange system south of the 18billion, is very good starting point to make a lot of money trading it to the system (18b).
It has huge "unsold" stock so price is small, yet you can sell for 300%+ profit in 18billion as everyone wants it, especially the MIN wharf.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 08:21

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 13:28
Set up auto traders to supply the MIN Warf, Shipyard and Equipment dock. Set up auto traders to supply whatever HAT stations want in the sectors they are located in. It is slow, but will progress reputation steadily.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 09:52

theincrediblenick wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 23:38
Sounds like either the SCA ship was nominally in disguise (can be removed by scanning), or you haven't got a police licence from MIN.
Had to check that. No, I [still] have the MIN Police Licence and the ship was not in disguise as it was already red on the map - what made me think luring it into vicinity of the Shipyard would be an opportunity to raise my rep.
Well, in the mean time those red MIN guards have forgotten my criminal actions ...

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 12:13

zazie wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 09:52
theincrediblenick wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 23:38
Had to check that. No, I [still] have the MIN Police Licence and the ship was not in disguise as it was already red on the map - what made me think luring it into vicinity of the Shipyard would be an opportunity to raise my rep.
Well, in the mean time those red MIN guards have forgotten my criminal actions ...
You still need to scan them if they go red and show SCA in name. I'm not entirely sure how it works but I once got rep loss and police on my tail in ARG space just by trying to defend myself from pirates that clearly flew the SCA tag. Also you cannot engage before scanning otherwise you seem to get permanently tagged as the aggressor in the fight even though it's revealed half way through that you are shooting a pirate.

The whole system is wonky and faction generally view self defense as a criminal offense.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:33

Thanks for explanation! I did not know that. I don't fight Pirates normally in my X-games as I try to play the "friendly pacifist"-way. But I'd never thought that I must present my business card first to the 'rogues' before I may legally help attacked ships against those aggressors :mrgreen:

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:38

zazie wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:33
But I'd never thought that I must present my business card first to the 'rogues' before I may legally help attacked ships against those aggressors :mrgreen:
But that how it works apparently. With the added context of giving your card while performing a highway chase. :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations”