How to raise a rank with HAT and MIN?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zazie
x4

Re: How to raise a rank with HAT and MIN?

Post by zazie » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 09:52

theincrediblenick wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 23:38
Sounds like either the SCA ship was nominally in disguise (can be removed by scanning), or you haven't got a police licence from MIN.
Had to check that. No, I [still] have the MIN Police Licence and the ship was not in disguise as it was already red on the map - what made me think luring it into vicinity of the Shipyard would be an opportunity to raise my rep.
Well, in the mean time those red MIN guards have forgotten my criminal actions ...

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 12:13

zazie wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 09:52
theincrediblenick wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 23:38
Sounds like either the SCA ship was nominally in disguise (can be removed by scanning), or you haven't got a police licence from MIN.
Had to check that. No, I [still] have the MIN Police Licence and the ship was not in disguise as it was already red on the map - what made me think luring it into vicinity of the Shipyard would be an opportunity to raise my rep.
Well, in the mean time those red MIN guards have forgotten my criminal actions ...
You still need to scan them if they go red and show SCA in name. I'm not entirely sure how it works but I once got rep loss and police on my tail in ARG space just by trying to defend myself from pirates that clearly flew the SCA tag. Also you cannot engage before scanning otherwise you seem to get permanently tagged as the aggressor in the fight even though it's revealed half way through that you are shooting a pirate.

The whole system is wonky and faction generally view self defense as a criminal offense.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:33

Thanks for explanation! I did not know that. I don't fight Pirates normally in my X-games as I try to play the "friendly pacifist"-way. But I'd never thought that I must present my business card first to the 'rogues' before I may legally help attacked ships against those aggressors :mrgreen:

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:38

zazie wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 13:33
But I'd never thought that I must present my business card first to the 'rogues' before I may legally help attacked ships against those aggressors :mrgreen:
But that how it works apparently. With the added context of giving your card while performing a highway chase. :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations”